1. If a member thinks he or she has been Community-Wide Security Risked, Do-Not-Hired or Blacklisted wrongfully, that member has the right to file on the KSI forums for an appeal to be heard by the Judges from KSI Courts.
2. It should take no more than two weeks after the the case is closed for deliberation for the accused member to have a verdict for his or her case.
3. Members will need witnesses and evidence (Including but not limited to photos, audio recording, video recordings, PMs etc) in order to be heard. (If images/videos include pornography or are of illicit material they will not be posted publicly and in no circumstance should a Judge under the age of 18 be allowed to view such material)
4. The Leader(s) involved with the case must prosecute with witnesses and evidence as well.
5. In the event the Leader(s) do not show up (and no evidence has been provided) the case will be dismissed without the accused member having any penalties.
6. In the event of a member bringing a Community Wide Security Risk case to the Courts, the member has to discuss the issue at hand with Senior Directors prior to the court case. If they still feel that the issue was not handled appropriately, they may create a court case. If the Seniors are the main accusers, then this step may be by-passed but is not encouraged.
1. Penalties for the member will have to be decided by the Judges hearing the cases.
2. The Court Judge team will deliberate for no longer than two weeks after the case is locked for deliberation.
3. Double Jeopardy Clause: Each member is allowed one appeal per offense unless dictated by the courts that the case can be brought up again in a specific time window (I.E 1 month, 3 months, 1 year, 3 years), no member will be charged with the same offense twice.
4. Appealing members need to be informed prior to deliberation starting, to make sure all evidence and witness statements have been provided. In the unlikely event that the appealing member is not able to be reached, deliberation may start after 72 hours.
CONTEMPT OF COURT
1. Any member that files a case does not have the right to argue at any time with the Court Judge team. Nor do their witnesses.
2. The Court Judge team runs the appeal, and in the event the appealing member or anyone else gets out of line , the Court Judge team has the right to throw out the case/the member disrupting the case. The appeals will be kept professional and civil for all members.
3. If a case is thrown out of the KSI Courts for a defendant or witness disrupting a court session, they may not be able to appeal their case. This will be decided by the Head Court Judge.
4. ANYONE, other than a Judge, Mod, Global Mod, or Admin, who overrules the Court's decision in any way or goes against it, will be punished.
PROCEDURES WHILE APPEAL IS BEING PROCESSED
1. Members who have filed a case and are waiting to be heard will give up squad tags and their status until their case is heard.
2. Members have the choice to leave the KSI Global Gaming community while waiting for their case to be heard.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PRESIDING JUDGES
1. New Judges will be voted in by the current Judges in place.
2. The Head Judge will preside over every case (outside of conflict of interest) and have the final say (within reason) over every case with the help of the other presiding Judges. If gross misconduct were to occur within the court area, the Board of Directors have the authority to step in and assist.
3. A Judge must excuse themselves in any case that would be considered a conflict of interest.
4. If the Judge doesn’t step down and the court finds the case to have been a conflict of interest on the Judge’s part, then there will be a review as to whether that Judge will be removed from their position, based on the significance of the issue.
5. If a Judge is caught not being fair towards members that have filed a case, he or she will be asked to recuse themselves. If they do not, or do but continue poor behavior towards the plaintiff, they will have their Judge status reviewed.
6. Judges have the ability to issue a subpoena to any member who is needed for the advancement of a Court case.
7. A Judge has the ability to place any case on a limited hold for appropriate reasons. Example: A member's witness is AFK for 4 days. The Judges may permit the member 6 days to get the information provided if necessary. If the alluded time is up, an addition amount of no more than 2 weeks can be provided at the Judge's discretion or until enough evidence has been provided through other sources.
8. All Judges are to be an active part of the KSI Community. Example: current clan ops, web ops, forum staff, etc. A Court Judge position should not be their only link to the community.
9. No Senior Director or BoD member with direct clan ops responsibilities may be a Court Judge at any given time. If a current court judge is promoted to one of those positions, they will be asked to step down. If in the future they no longer hold that position, they will be forced to reapply through the normal application process.
DISCLAIMERS AND OTHER POLICES/REGULATIONS
1. These rules are subject to change at any time without notification within reason.
2. KSI Global Gaming will not be, at any time, held responsible for the outcome of any KSI held Court proceeding.
3. By filing a case with the leadership of KSI, you have given up your right to be considered a member of the KSI Global Gaming community until the Courts have provided a ruling.
4. KSI Global Gaming has a zero tolerance policy for members that break the Code of Conduct.
5. KSI Global Gaming will continue to report any laws being broken that we have knowledge of to the proper authorities.
6. KSI Global Gaming is not a Court-of-Law and only uses the KSI Court hearings in order to give everyone a fair and balanced hearing before revoking membership privileges.