STAFF-ROOM CHAT

Prophet

1 minute ago, KSI KiLLER 7 said:

This award thread is going to cause me a brain aneurysm 

Lol, I just got a message from Hype complaining about the minimum post count. Unlucky eh 

Exactly.

As I explained in my message, it's a requirement for officers to maintain an active presence on these forums, if his do not then that's a failing in his part, not mine. 

10 hours ago, Scotland said:

it's a requirement for officers to maintain an active presence on these forums,

I like how 5 officers have less than 20 forums posts, seeings as it is a "requirement" that officers have an account and are active on the forums lolol

4 hours ago, Winter is Here said:

So today is the day my life is over.... Well not really, but I am getting married today and will be on honeymoon. Still should check stuff occasionally this week, but I may not be on my A game til I get back.

Congratulations man, Marriage is a beautiful thing. 

6 hours ago, Winter is Here said:

So today is the day my life is over.... Well not really, but I am getting married today and will be on honeymoon. Still should check stuff occasionally this week, but I may not be on my A game til I get back.

I don't want to see you on these forums once until your love making session is done. 

9 hours ago, Winter is Here said:

Congrats man!

Hmm .. I did quite like twitch sub award who's idea was that?

On Saturday, August 05, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Winter is Here said:

Congratulations @Winter is Here

2 hours ago, KSI KiLLER 7 said:

MPliers Outstanding Service Award is pissing me off... how is no one coming forward? What a disgrace.

It happens unfortunately. 

On 8/5/2017 at 7:20 AM, Winter is Here said:

Congrats man, take some time away from the forums, honeymoon is way more important.

On 05/08/2017 at 2:20 PM, Winter is Here said:

Congrats and enjoy the honeymoon! I'll just do what Scotland did to me and threaten to have you banned from the forums for the duration of the honeymoon unless you take your time away ;)

And with that, I'm back home after 17 days in Japan. I am however still a bit jetlagged and got lots to take care of here at home, so I may not be up to full speed for a few more days. But at least I'm available again if anyone needs anything :)

Coinciding with Emmys return, I am here but working on my new kitchen / moving onto night shift temp has me all over the place.

Who wants to do staff vote assist this month? Just reply here and quote me. 

If noone lets me know by tomorrow ill smack it up myself :) 

2 hours ago, KSI Collector 7 said:

How was your trip?

It was amazing, truly a dream come true. Stayed in six different places, a lot of history and culture (and OMG, the food ;) ), so busy weeks :P it was nice being back sleeping in my own bed (not to mention slightly better climate), but I really wished I could've stayed longer and experienced more :)

Alright, so I think we need to make some clarifications on what we require for certain awards and how we handle nominations in general. For gamerscore-based awards, we do NOT require any proof from the people nominating because it is so easy to check that ourselves on Xbox live. So first staff to handle one of those nominations checks Xbox live (and you may then yourself post a link to Thierry profile for the rest of the staff to see), you write that you've verified it and cast your vote. 

Next, when do we use the "verified" phrase? When we find the evidence ourselves rather than have a witness. This includes e.g. gamerscore-based awards, and awards based on time and post on the forums or your rep here on the site, but nothing else. It is also only the first staff handling one of these nominations that should write 'verified'. Lately I've seen or used A LOT on awards where we have witnesses, and we do not carry out a verification of witness statements, so we would be lying if we said we have. 

Last, this time anyways. When we ask for witnesses or when casting a vote, we always stay neutral and write nothing but our request or vote. Even if it would happen to be your best friend and you want to congratulate them, that had to happen somewhere else. If you wish you could cast a yes-vote but there is not enough evidence, you just cast your voice without saying how sorry you are. One of the issues and allegations against the staff that comes up with some regularity, is that we are biased and handle our friends differently from members we don't know. We need to make sure that there is no basis for such allegations, and so we cannot say ' Yes, you go!' or 'finally, congrats, that's a yes'. We simply write how we vote, and you can congratulate or express how you feel directly instead. 

Any questions on this, or how to handle anything else? :) If you do, please let us know, because it's important that we handle our nominations and the nomination process correctly and professionally. :)