STAFF-ROOM CHAT

Prophet

So, guys, please don't forget to use and check the awards tab here on the forums to check which awards we have (it is always good to refresh our memory in terms of the variety of awards we have as well as the requirements for each and every award), to prevent future confusion as to whether an award is achievable here and now or not :) 

On another note, with the DOTMs closed, it is time for you guys to look over the nominations for your assigned division(s), and pm your votes, so that we can decide on winners. Just as always, we'll have about 48h, so by this time on Saturday (that is app 9.30pm CET/8.30pm GMT/3.30pm EST) I need you all to have sent me your votes. :) Let's finish this out so we can announce our first DOTM winners of 2018!

And the winners are also awarded now :) good job, everyone, and let's gather energy and strength until the OTMs open at the end of the month :) 

Also, BadKitty has decided to step back from her position as a staff member. I thank her for the time she's given us, and hope you all wish her the best in her future endeavors and roles both in clanops, webops and department ops :) 

Last point of the day (I think :P), tomorrow I'm flying out for a week with my dad. I will still have internet access and check in with you guys, but I will not be on as often as usual. If you guys have anything urgent, Riiot is here to help you guys out and steer the department while I'm away :) 

Just want to bring my response to cherry up in the HH noms, in case someone gets offended or seems like im nitpicking. Unless we are changing the way it has been, previously we have not accepted "i witness that" statements as they are not specific enough. if that's still the case then it's all good, if not I will edit my post.

5 hours ago, Airborne 7 said:

Just want to bring my response to cherry up in the HH noms, in case someone gets offended or seems like im nitpicking. Unless we are changing the way it has been, previously we have not accepted "i witness that" statements as they are not specific enough. if that's still the case then it's all good, if not I will edit my post.

As I'm away visiting my dad for the week I'm not 100% up to speed on the current awards, amd I'm sure @KSI RiiOT 7 can reply to the details. However, in general we want slightly more than just 'I attest to this', but we're not unreasonable either, so I believe it'll boil down to the individual nomination :)

Lots of nominations there guys, give Riiot your support while Emmy is tanning out in the sunny lands! Jump on the nominations and call forth witnesses, remember to specify what for though!

33 minutes ago, Scotland said:

Lots of nominations there guys, give Riiot your support while Emmy is tanning out in the sunny lands! Jump on the nominations and call forth witnesses, remember to specify what for though!

^ Dont make me start judo chopping people 

Hehe thanks pal! :)

@KSI RiiOT 7

So we have 2 committed nominations up right now. Ronin has witnessed for both. However, for one, we asked for him to clarify what he was witnessing for while on the other, we asked for a staff vote. Which one is it? Do we want a more detailed witness? I just feel like our responses should be at least similar

Also, I am confused. What is happening here?

Just wanted to let you know you asked for a staff vote before any witnesses could present themselves. Not sure if you meant to but..

@KSI RiiOT 7

On 2/8/2018 at 0:31 AM, Truecifer said:

In order to qualify was a witness to the mentor award, you must include the phrase "(S)He is my mentor."

You also must have 40+ posts on the forums.

Will need 5 witnesses to testify to this. :)

This is the biggest issue i see in this dept

Remove the post count requirement, if people make doup accounts we will catch it and remove them, if things are faked then it is a different issue, but all post count requirements are removed from here on for all depts, call it what you want executive order or whatever but no depts are to use post counts at all....when we have barely active people on here lets not discourage them from posting anything outside of spam in order to be recognized.

On 2/8/2018 at 0:04 AM, KSIxThisty said:

Name: KSI Guyy 77

Foruns link: http://www.ksiforums.org/profile/41679-defiant-dog/

Award: Mentor

Reasoning:

Guys was the person who recruited me and formed me into a great person and a greatish officer. Guyys always helping people from rct from gen he's a great person within the community 

and IMO this is a description of someone stating how this person is a mentor to them, lets not go crazy on wording, at the end of the day you understand this through context

Is that not something to talk to me Scotty and Emmy about and not in staff chat? 

Also @Truecifer that one was meant for another topic, I thought it messed up on my phone but I did it during the end of my break at work and couldnt check it

2 hours ago, KSI RiiOT 7 said:

Is that not something to talk to me Scotty and Emmy about and not in staff chat? 

Its KSI wide to all depts

5 hours ago, KSI RiiOT 7 said:

That’s fine. Onwards and upwards. I’ve moved the minimum post count thread to the archive.