STAFF-ROOM CHAT

Prophet

25 minutes ago, KSI RiiOT 7 said:

I feel that I hate this time of year at work haha

Retail is probably the worst industry to work in during the holidays. I can only imagine.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so can we talk about that Jynxie nomination for Die Hard? What are your thoughts guys? I'm not sure that I have seen anything that actually warrants Die Hard. Especially with the short length of time in the community to base it off of, and no real informative statements about all the things she has trudged through. They allude to some things, but no real reinforcement in my eyes. Anyone else?

16 hours ago, Airborne said:

Ok, so can we talk about that Jynxie nomination for Die Hard? What are your thoughts guys? I'm not sure that I have seen anything that actually warrants Die Hard. Especially with the short length of time in the community to base it off of, and no real informative statements about all the things she has trudged through. They allude to some things, but no real reinforcement in my eyes. Anyone else?

I agree. A lot of the posts point to something happening that would cause someone to leave but none of them actually explain what happened. And with only being in the community a few months I'm not sure if she's been in long enough to warrant the Die Hard award. She may be a hard worker and all but that's not what the award is about.

I agree as well. The only halfway detailed nomination was Hatter's... the rest mostly comment on her efforts as an officer and how she made it in a "man's gaming world". I also don't think that an award nomination is the place to call out entire divisions and squads because of past drama.

A lot of the witness statements seem to be a little off topic. If people wanted to vent about disputes within squads and divisions there are better places.

Sorry for the delay. Here are more details sent to me from Hatter regarding Jynxie's Die Hard award:

"Div transfers can be a slippery slope dependant on the circumstances. In Jynxie’s situation, it was like a wet, icy glacier. She had already been going through several ordeals within the squad she was a part of: guys hitting on her and sending unwanted messages and pics, dealing with her ex over her child, and performing her officer duties that I asked of her. When I transferred divisions, she was still on the fence about going or staying, but in the end decided she wanted to stay and make sure the squad didn’t fall apart. Before she had made that known to anyone, there was a meeting amongst the members who wanted to transfer. She wasn’t able to make that due to personal issues, but she did inform the proper chain about it. When she went to go look at the staff chat to start getting the ball rolling on recovering the gaps, she shaw that she had been removed. The 7 incharge of the div at the time, even though they were informed about the situation and had already rescheduled the meeting for her, assumed that since she had “skipped” the meeting, she was leaving. This was pretty heartbreaking since she did want to stay and help them out. She contemplated completely walking away from the clan, even though she had already achieved so much in the squad. She decided to stick through it though, and got a lot of backlash about it. When she did get to attend the rescheduled meeting, many enticements were thrown around in an attempt to keep her there. She kept to her moral values though. She stood for what was true in her eyes, and put in her transfer. This caused a lot of disgruntlement, which again made the thought of leaving cross her mind. She didn’t though. She stuck it out and did what was best for herself, as well as her members. All of this, on top of the personal ordeals she’s going through with her ex, and still managing to make a ridiculous amount of time for her members, is why I nominated her for the Die Hard award."

It definitely helps to shed some light on the situation all the other witnesses were alluding to but I'm not sure if it brings it around to a yes from me. What do you guys think?

• Chief Operating Officer

If we saw more statements alluding directly to the situation I'd be more inclined to say yes. The witness statements on the nomination currently don't support this fact. If Hatter could find another person or two to support what she's saying that would greatly support their case for Die Hard.

I think there are two sides to every story in a situation like this. I don't feel comfortable taking accusations about a div lead and the 7's staff into account when we don't have the other half... and I don't think that is really in our job description. Another factor here, as Kalakoi stated above,  is that she has only been in the community for a few months.

19 hours ago, Kalakoi said:

She had already been going through several ordeals within the squad she was a part of: guys hitting on her and sending unwanted messages and pics

This right here?? This should have been sent all the way up the line for the Seniors or the BoD to handle. I don't know for sure if it was, but I never heard of it while I was a director. Again, it's another thing to think about, and unless there is documented proof, I don't feel comfortable adding that to make my decision.

We need to get votes on Jynxie's Die Hard so please go vote when you have the chance. As for December's Drama Queen nomination, I like the witness statements that have been made and would agree that it is rightfully deserved. We also have 2 more Die Hard nominations and an OS nomination that will need to be discussed relatively soon.

I feel the same way most of you do about Jynxie's Die Hard nomination. I felt like most of the witness statements seemed to be from disgruntled ex-division members. Less to do with Jynxie's actual Die Hard qualities in KSI and more to do with her issues/differences with past 7's. I agree - not our job description, not the place to do it. A no from me right now.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, Airborne said:

We also have December's Drama Queen, I know this is supposed to be a "Good natured" thing, and when asked he did mention it does not bother him at all. I asked to see if we get any more statements, but I'm thinking probably a Yes.

Absolutely correct. I'm stoked this award has "resurfaced". 

• 2 weeks later...