KSI Emmy Outstanding Service Nomination (Awarded)

Lafayette 7

Name: KSI Emmy, Pride, Ground Zero, General.
Link to Forums Account: http://www.ksiforums.org/user/16543-ksi-emmy/
Award-/-Achievement: Outstanding Service (OS LVL 1)
Reason-/-Evidence: I have known this person for quite a while, she has been a member or KSI for more than a year, and has worked tirelessly to improve her squad, Pride, as well as KSI as a whole. She is an extremely active forums user, posting in her division's chat's continually, in addition to being a member of both the AAP and the Tournaments & Events Staff. She has been a steadfast contributor to both of these departments, seemingly never wavering in her duties. She is a very calm and composed leader. A very compassionate and understanding individual. She was one of the best if not THEE best KSI Captain i have ever seen, holding the 1CPT position for an extended period of time, and was eventually awarded for her patience and hard work with a Generalship over that awesome cupcake-sharing, game night-having squad, PRIDE, as well as being honored with the title of 2014 KSI Captain of the Year. KSI Emmy embodies what it means to be KSI. She is one of the Most Outstanding members i have even seen in my time as a member of this community, and therefore i feel she is well deserving of this award. Thank you.

Im dropping my vote for this one guys- due to the fact Emmy is more outstanding than even I know. However I have seen her do alot so I shall testify here.

KSI Emmy. Now lets get things straight to begin with: She is Swedish, so for her to attend General meetings, Weekend Warfare or any other KSI wide event she has to stay up even later than the average member to participate, which she does now on a regular basis. So she is committed, fair enough alot of people are committed no matter where they live, so lets more on to what she has actually done so far in the start of a long and to be fruitful Career here in KSI. 

When I first met Emmy She was the 1st Captain in Pride, GZ trying to pick up the slack in the wake of a General who unfortunately just didn't have the time to run things anymore, She ran the squad from behind the scenes for a period of between 4-7 months (Correct me if i'm wrong) in this time she did not give up hope, she continued to struggle on in the hope her general would return so she could work side by side with him to achieve squad excellent and prosperity. Outside of her division she continuously helps people and points them in the right direction of information, or the person that they require. These are all acts I have witnessed first hand. 

So that's the first part of it I suppose.

Besides the compassion, dedication and full blown commitment she has shown to her squad, she continues to impact others throughout the community, being on the AAP staff she works with the other staff members to vote upon nominations and is constantly reminding me not to get ahead of myself! Assisting the newer staff members to get acquainted with how things run, and keeping an eye on how nominations are being put forth to make sure there is no foul play or favoritism involved. 

Emmy is also an active Staff member in T&E, now this is another reason I mentioned that she is 6 hours ahead of EST time, she stays up till small hours in the morning to help organize and host events for others to partake in and enjoy! 

Honestly no matter what Emmy does, she goes above and beyond what she is expected to do, she does amazing work inside her squad and Division and will continue to impact this community for a long time to come. 

It's hard to know where to begin when it comes to Emmy. However, I will start with her character. 

Emmy is one of the most compassionate, kind-hearted people I know. When I first met Emmy, I didn't get much of a chance to talk to her or really get to know her. However, the one thing I knew about her was that everyone loved her. People were always talking about Emmy and I've never heard a negative word against her from anyone. Since getting to know her, I've seen how she interacts with her squad, her peers, her leaders and her friends. She treats everyone with the utmost respect and kindness. When something needs taken care of, she doesn't turn to being mean, yelling, condescending or putting people down. She simply tells them how things should be done and that's all it takes. Her squad respects her more than anyone else and they take pride in helping her out. She hates leaving them alone because she fears letting them down or disappointing them. I'm not sure either is possible with her. Emmy does everything in her power to make sure things run smoothly and everyone is getting involved and feeling included. Emmy has been my go-to person whenever I need advice or just to talk or even plan things with. She knows how to set things straight without making anyone feel bad. She's been my inspiration and who I look up to as well as my role model for how I want to be as a General and as a person. She has so much passion for life and this community, it's contagious. She wants everyone to be happy and get along and does everything she can to make that happen. Including bringing out the cupcakes just to get people to smile. 

Since Emmy lives in Sweden, she is 6 hours ahead of the rest of our division. Her squad rarely ever gets to be included in events and workshops with our division. However, she makes a point of staying up later than the rest of us just to be able to come to the Divisional Meeting once week (it's midnight her time when our meeting starts and can sometimes last over an hour or more). She makes sure she has everything in order for her squad stats and always makes sure the other Generals are getting the correct information when it comes to AAP or T&E events. She has also helped organize events within our division. She spreads the word of all events and happenings everyday continuously on multiple fronts and has managed to get a lot more people from GZ getting involved in them. After spending some time with her and her squad and watching how they interact, it's become apparent how much they really take care of each other. Her squad means the world to her and she continues every day trying to better them and build them up. Her squad members do the same for her, as well as making sure she takes the occasional break as she is also working on her Masters degree, along with spending hours everyday doing things for not only her squad, but also her division and KSI in general. She works harder than anyone I know and still manages to be the brightest most positive person I know. She is a force to be reckoned with but it's all done in the best way possible. Some of her squad members have actually said her being disappointed in them is worse than if she were mad at them. They make a point to really try and do their best just to make her proud and to keep the squad going. They are a very tight knit group and she has worked for a long time to make them that way. After running things from behind the scenes for months and then becoming General, she has managed to keep Pride the most successful squad in GZ. 

The things she manages to accomplish while under so much pressure of her every day life as well as keeping her squad and KSI going is astounding. Since she is 6 hours ahead of the rest of us, I've stayed up talking to her while she helps run WW events, or helps out with AAP stuff. By the end of the night, she is beyond tired but incredibly happy people are participating and contributing to better KSI. She also makes sure people are staying active on the forums and are having fun. Some of the best conversations come from things we talk about on our Div Chat. Emmy is an avid forums user and is constantly posting positive comments to us every day ensuring we have something good to think about to brighten our day. 

Emmy in general does so much more than is asked of her or expected. She is like that in every area of her life and give so much of herself to others. The things she inspires and accomplishes will continue to make a great impact on everyone she interacts with and her division will grow be to be something so much more because of her. She continues to be one of the best people I know and am looking forward to seeing everything she accomplishes in the future. 

Emmy is anastonishing general, the picture perfect example of what a general should be. Since the time that Emmy has taken over as general of her squad my fellow 7s and I have noticed an extraordinary amount of improvement. She is on top of every squad detail from updating the G14 and squad tag and making sure her officers are doing their duties, to ensuring that each and every member in her squad is comfortable, making friends, and having fun.

In my 3 years if time and experience in KSI I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone more dedicated, hard working, and truly outstanding as the one known as KSI Emmy. Plus the fact that she's Swedish and makes some killer cupcakes ;).

Emmy you go girl friend

Emmy is an astounding leader, when I first joined Pride, Emmy was basically the general, but called a 1st captain. She ran the squad and did many of the generals duties as he wasn't there a lot lf the time. She got rewarded for her hard work by being promoted to the general of Pride, as I said before, it was a job she had been doing for sometime only under the guise of another rank. She has pushed the squad to achieve more than it has for a while, with activity and recruiting picking up massively since she became a general.

Not only is Emmy good at her rank, and the duties that come with it, she also does many other things that would be too much for many mere mortals, she is very active on the forums and is a member of the T&E staff and the AAP staff, also she has a real job AND I believe she is also studying for a masters degree in biomedicine, so not just a good leader and KSI member but a very intelligent one as well. To top it off, Emmy lives in Sweden which is an hour ahead of the majority of pride who live in the UK, and six hours ahead of the rest of GZ, which would make it hard for Emmy to do many things in the way of divisional activities, but even then she stays up late and does her best to be apart of it all.

Emmy is an amazing person, she is kind and compassionate, and I can't think of anyone better to run a squad, the members of Pride don't respect her because she's been given a rank, we love her and respect her because she is so caring and is friends with everyone and does everything so perfectly, and I don't think that she would have it any other way :)

Even though Emmy has own lots of awards, including the prestigious Captain of the Year award, and numerous squad member of the week awards, Emmy is not in it for rank or reward, if everyone else is happy, and things are running nice and smoothly and we are having fun, banter and enjoying ourselves, then Emmy is happy, and if Emmy is happy them were happy - a nice little circle of happiness ;p

She also doesn't seem to get angry, be it repeated attempts for my Unicorn Army to declare war on her Cupcake Army, and prove which is best in this very one sided rivalry, or be it the many times I've challenged her boyfriend to a 1v1 on Halo (who, I must admit, is miles better than myself), she never seems to get fed up and she always sees it as a bit of a laugh.

Emmy, I speak for the whole of Pride when I say that I'm glad you are our general, and that we wouldn't want it any other way. :)

Oh jeez. People have written so much here and I do not believe my dyslexic mind can keep up. 

But, alas, Emmy deserves as much as she can be given. So here goes...

Right when I joined KSI, near enough a year ago, I was immediately thrown into a whole new world of kindness, compassion and joy - A world with Emmy at the centre of it.

Emmy was always there - at every game night and squad meeting - always with a digital smile on her face as she greeted everyone in the lobby. 

And let's not forget the fact that, amongst all this unparraleled activity and kindness, she juggles all of her university work - and the stress that rides along with it. And you would never know about about all her university work unless you asked her. Her attitude to the community and its members is blatantly disproportionate to her endless workload.

That is what amazes me the most - that a human being can not only cope with that kind of stress level, but show such a degree of kindness simultaneously. Simply crazy.

Upon our previous general's stepping down, Emmy gladly picked up the role as she stepped up from her 1CPT position and has continued exhibiting sheer determination ever since - as is now the norm for her.

The entire squad is ever-grateful for her effort which she continually puts into the squad. :)

Breaking records and exceeding expectations - That's the KSI Emmy I know.

Awards

If I may be so bold as to interject my statement (better late than never) though I know that it isn't needed for the vote, I would like to publicly give praise to Emmy as an outstanding member of KSI. 

I cannot say that I know Emmy on a personal level, but I have witnessed on countless occasions the passion and pride she takes in being a member and leader in KSI.  Through the highs and lows in GZ Emmy has remained a driving force behind the motivation to keep not only her squad but the division pushing forward.  I would even venture to say that along with the 7's of GZ, Emmy was instrumental in the divisions success in our Spirit Week events. When she speaks people listen, when you're having a bad day she will cheer you up, and when the going gets tough you can ALWAYS count on her to remain focused on the objective of creating a positive gaming experience for everyone she meets. Her reach transcends divisions, and that it what it takes to become the kind of leader that KSI needs now and in the future.  Her consistent loyalty and unwavering support of KSI is just a small portion of what defines an outstanding member, but the impact she's made since the day she joined is the embodiment of Outstanding Service.  

Thank you, Emmy for being such a kindhearted, strong, positive leader and member of KSI.  It's members like you that remind me why it's so awesome to be a part of this community! :wub: