Announcing: Community "Upload Studio" Montage Competition

Impy

Hello!

Starting in February, Productions will be supporting (what we hope will be) monthly montage competitions using Xbox One's Upload Studio.

All KSI members can participate using the free application, and this is how.

1) Feb. 1, the thread for February's competition will open. Some months may have themes the montages must meet, like top kills or freak occurrences, but the first month will be anything.

2) The montage you make through Upload Studio using clips you saved to your Xbox One game DVR should be linked in the topic from XboxClips.com or http://xboxdvr.com/.

3) When you go to XboxClips or XboxDVR, just type in your gamertag (all lower case) to find your montage you produced in Upload studio and saved on your account.

4) When you link your montage, you will fill out a short form that will ask your gamer tag, squad and division, and a short description of your montage. All montages must be at least 45 seconds long.

5) The topic will stay open for two weeks, and will close Feb. 14.

6) At that point, the Productions Team will privately vote on the top 3-5 montages.

7) The top montages will be downloaded and exported to KSI's YouTube channel to show off and the winning montage submitters will also receive a Forums award for their effort and submitted at Spirit Week for a prize.

You can compete in as many competitions as you like.

If you have the ability to produce montages with external programs, or you just really like Productions-esque stuff, you can always apply to join the Productions Team.

Ideas and suggestions for montage themes will be welcomes and questions can be asked and answered in this thread as we move forward with the idea.

We hope you all like this idea and want to participate in these competitions moving forward.

Start compiling those clips!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, KSI x Oblivion said:

hey sir it wont let me link and format?? cant find that stuff

All you need to grab is the URL with those things. So when you find the montage page with the download option, just copy the URL.

For example: 

http://xboxclips.com/KSI+ImPeRiiuM+7/4ab39730-ca7e-435f-b60b-8dd234d53c5d

8 hours ago, ImPeRiiuM said:

All you need to grab is the URL with those things. So when you find the montage page with the download option, just copy the URL.

For example: 

http://xboxclips.com/KSI+ImPeRiiuM+7/4ab39730-ca7e-435f-b60b-8dd234d53c5d

that link was a blank page

44 minutes ago, KSI x Oblivion said:

that link was a blank page

I've tried it on mobile and desktop browsers, and the link works. There's something wrong on your end.

6 minutes ago, ImPeRiiuM said:

I've tried it on mobile and desktop browsers, and the link works. There's something wrong on your end.

Got it mate lol 

@KSI ImPeRiiuM 7

If I make a montage via a external program how can I send it to you if it won't be in my upload studio captures?

11 hours ago, Messiah tG said:

@KSI ImPeRiiuM 7

If I make a montage via a external program how can I send it to you if it won't be in my upload studio captures?

The montage has to be made with Upload Studio and linked as per instructions above.

If you use an external program, you're ineligible for this competition.

However, you can send those montages/edits to <ksiproductions7@gmail.com> for review and posting to the KSI YouTube.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, King Monkey Twerker said:

I was told that I couldn't use a song that has swearing, which is understandable. However, this particular song has only 1 swear word out of the whole song. Could I just bleep the word out?

yes you can bleep the word out 

• 2 months later...

I made a montage for next months competition but wanted to add music to it so I downloaded it from my one drive and added music is that ok? I put it on my channel via youtube. (Also it wouldnt upload to xbox live anyways sense I have no space to save clips XD)

Awards

• Impy unpinned and unfeatured this topic