Truecifer

So You Think You Can Write: Short Stories

3 posts in this topic

This month's SYTYCW theme is Short Stories.

We, as the News Team, are asking members to take the time to write a short story for KSI. 

Please keep it PG-13 but write about whatever you wish.

Keep in mind that if it is not PG-13, it will be removed from the site. :)

Please try to aim for 300 words, as it is one of the things the writers will look at when nominating the winners.

If you cannot reach this quota, that is also okay. Everyone is encouraged to participate! 

This thread will be open until December 27th, so help us spread the word!

The top three posts will receive the award "Write Right." 

We will also be keeping track of all divisions that participate. Divisions with the most participation within the departments will receive a special award come Spirit Week!

Before I get stated, just want to let you all know I love doing these things for fun and I never guessed I would ever win 2nd place last SYTYCW so, Thank you :)

These things have been fun to write about and this topic today is something I enjoy doing a lot. Writing Short stories. Don't count these words yet since these are purely A/N XD

Anyways, on to the story!

As any old tale goes, this one is my side of the story. How I journeyed from being the most quietest recruit ever to being one of the most looked up to from some people's perspective. I began as a recent college student in a private college which was for arts and other stuff. I never spoke to anyone and I never had the courage to walk up to someone and just say, "Hey there!" So I was on my own a lot. One day while I was on my old 360, playing a game of Team Deathmatch on Black Ops, I encountered a message from a Sargent, looking for recruits for a community. I thought to myself, that seems promising for me. I've been trying to set up a clan myself but, seems like I can't bring myself to even speak to people. So I decided to message back this person, saying I am interested. Thirty seconds later, I was in a party, getting Age Verified. I was 18 at the time and recently graduated High School. I had a small voice which was a bit hard to hear through having it and my cheap mic. As I was getting read the Code Of Conduct, I thought, "Wow. Is that all memorized?" I didn't ask because I feel like it was none of my business.

The next thing you know, I was trained and ready to show up to meetings. Well, when I first got in it, it was a lot of people. I was internally freaking out. I do have a small hint of anxiety but, I overcame it. I was nervous about it. Then, I thought, maybe I didn't have to say anything. And I was right, till the Questions section. When I got called on, I slowly declined that I have nothing to ask. But in reality, I had a million things to ask! So, we had a small gamenight but didn't stay for long. Hey, it wasn't so bad!

I went for a few Fridays. Despite the prank that was pulled on from Ayeloves and officers too about my "Violation of CoC" that ended up in me being in tears. I laugh about it too sometimes. Those were the good old days. That was till I was hacked by a kid for no reason. Never trust anyone and I broke that rule myself. I was lost for a year. I still had my information in case I needed it. And god I needed it a year later when people over in another Squad asked if I was still here. So, I was new all over again, but at the same time, alone. But, as one faithful day came about having a nice split, oh yes I sprung up and spoke about it. I did meet a few friends and they were amazing! The General was kind, the second captain was a fun guy, third or fourth captain was chill and sweet. The Lieutenants knew me as well. That's when I began coming out of my shell.

When the split happened, I was afraid of losing these friends. But deep down knew, they would still be there. I was moved with the new Squad that I run today. The General was a friend of mine which was awesome. He really did bust his butt with making it all awesome. But, good things do come to an end when things began falling apart and me witnessing all that died around me. I had that second captain position and wondered about the squad.

Few might ask, "Why be upset over something unimportant?" The honest truth is that, I cared about KSI. I cared about all of this. Sure there is a time that Squads die momentarily but, I wouldn't let that happen. So, I began arranging more and more things to do. Began looking out for everyone and I didn't worry about my own self but worried about the sake of others. Friends began to leave, bonds began to sever and there has been moments that even I questioned "Can I do it?" The life of a second captain wasn't pretty. But, despite all those doubts, I still stand like nothing has hit me. Though, did speak to a few close people to vent what is going on. They all tell me the same advice. "Never give up" 

Reminded me of the song "Never Give Up" By Sia. She is a very inspiring artist which has helped me throughout KSI for a long time. So, all of that effort has rightfully gave me a spot as a General. One rank I definitely hold up high. Titles to me do not mean anything as I once have been told but, I decided to embrace the rank and keep it for a while.

My story in KSI may not be as beautiful or a tragedy like others but, this is my personal experience and story I hold near and dear to my heart. My life in KSI is only just beginning. I dare not hope for the end and know there won't be an end of me just yet. 

Never thought I'd write 859 words. I mean, I just counted on Microsoft Word XD Jeez. Not sure if KSI even counts as a word let alone an acronym. Well, the definition of having a minimum means always having more to say. Anyways, I really enjoyed writing this and finally getting an opportunity to write again. I do wish the best of luck to everyone. I feel a lot better by telling my tale of KSI. Once again, thanks for giving me an award last topic :)  I hope to keep writing more. Looking forward to next topic. Byeee!

Edited by KSI Th3 Blaz3

Blockbuster
    All right, so when I was a kid Blockbuster was a special place to me; It wasn’t just an abandoned building where people shoot smack at like it is today. No, back then it was haven for all your video game and movie rental needs. Now, my family didn’t have a lot of money when I was growing up, so when we went to Blockbuster it was a huge deal. I would be like, “Holy hell, we’re going to Blockbuster? What, is it my birthday, did we put the house up for a second mortgage? What the hell is the occasion mom and dad?” It was like a mini vacation for me. I’d get my picture taking there, make a photo album and I’d show it off in Show N’ Tell. My vacation to Blockbuster; here’s the cashier and I, here’s me in the parking lot and here’s the used syringe I found in the parking lot. Now, my most memorable visit to Blockbuster had to be the time I got Battle Tanx: Global Assault for the Nintendo 64
I remember my friend Dakota telling me about this Battle Tanx game. “Dude, it looks so cool, I thought a goddamn bullet was going to come flying out of the screen an blow off my little sister’s face.” I was like, “Hell yes, get me some of that crap!” Because this was a big deal; it’s real life warfare and explosions for Christ’s sake. This was right around the time where kids were selling their bodies on the street for Pokémon cards. 

So, a few days later a Christmas miracle happens, and we got to go to Blockbuster. So, we pull up and get out of the car and I’m prancing through the parking lot like a Los Vegas showgirl. I waltz into the video game section and of course every goddamn copy of that Battle Tanx: Global Assault is gone. There’s like a tumbleweed bouncing across the floor and I’m like, “Goddamn it, I’m gonna get stuck with Wave Race 64” (some crap like I always do). Nobody wants to play Wave Race, what the hell is that crap? But, on that day the Lord Almighty decided to throw me a bone, “let the boy have his Battle Tanx.” I check up at the front to see by chance a copy might have been returned and not put on the shelf yet. Lord and behold there it was *boom* I got it, score! But we’re not out of the woods yet, because now I’d have to listen to my dad argue with the cashier about our triple digit late fees that we’ve acquired over the years because my dad never returned anything on time. He’d have movies out for weeks, they’d have my dad’s picture hanging on the wall, you’d have to sneak in wearing disguises and crap. “Yeah, it says you guys had Men in Black for 36 days,” the cashier said. My dad as cheap as he is says, “I’ll give you a Toonie to put towards the late fee, all right that’s all I got.” “Yeah… you’re gonna have to do better than that.” So, my dad asks me, “Oh for Christ’s sake, what do you got in your pockets?” “Umm… I got a head of a G.I. Joe action figure.” So, my dad says to bargain, “Okay, I got a Toonie and a head of G.I Joe how about that?” “Okay if that’s all you got, you’re gonna have to pick something crapier than that. That’s as if Michael Bay made a video game for Christ’s sake. I can rent you like a Mr. Bean movie or something.” “Oh, you can kiss my ass with a Mr. Bean movie, I’m not getting a Mr. bean movie.” So, somehow my dad talked his way into getting Battle Tanx that night; it might’ve been through sheer violence, I don’t remember, I was just a kid. But I did get it and I do remember spazzing out like an idiot. “Holy hell, I can’t wait to home and shoot some civilians!” I got home and played that game for 16 hours straight; I didn’t eat, I was like crapping in a bucket in my room. Like I said, it’s as if Michael Bay made a video game what a time to be alive.

So, a week goes by and I still have the game, either my dad forgot to take the game back or he just didn’t care, probably both. Either way I wasn’t gonna tell him, so another week goes by and then a month. Eventually, we get a letter in the mail from Blockbuster telling us you have our game and if you don’t return it will do something… about it. What that something is I have no idea, what they’re gonna send a SWAT team to raid my house at night? My dad comes into my room and asks me if I have the game. “Yeah dad, I’ve had it since the 5th grade, I don’t even know where it’s at right now. I think you’ve been using it as a coaster for your beer the past couple of weeks. To my surprise my dads like, “Oh the hell with it, looks like we’re keeping it.” I was like, “Hell yeah!” We high five, confetti flew from the ceiling. You know what Blockbuster decided to do about it? Nothing, they closed Netflix assassinated it. I still got that Battle Tanx game. Now sure we practically stole the game if you look at it that way, but I don’t care, I’d do it again and you know why because it’s as if Michael Bay made a video game for Christ’s sake, how many times I gotta tell you?

Edited by ADsqueaksHD
Typo