Truecifer

So You Think You Can Write: Gamertags!

Topic will be automatically locked at 06:00 AM

13 posts in this topic

Tell us about how you got your gamertag!

Please keep your comments PG13.

Keep in mind that only active members will be able to win the Write Right award (40 post minimum).

How I got my Gamertag

by: KSI Blood

Demonic Mayhem
Hellborn General

Before I was brought into KSI, my gamertag was Blood Legionair.  Yes the spelling for legionair is wrong but some other person had taken the gamertag I wanted.  Anyways, I am a very big believer that music connects with people on a deep emotional level.  I went through a very rough patch and I turned to music.  My favourite band is In this moment.  around this rough patch they released an album called Blood.  At the time the songs spoke to me well 1 in particular.  the song name is Blood Legion. its mostly an instrumental, but the words that are said made me feel like I was welcome somewhere.  3 months after hearing that song they had a concert down in Arizona.  I had to get the back stage pass.  I got to meet Maria Brink, she actually gave me the time of day and heard my story. She gave me a hug, and said welcome to the Blood Legion. She made me feel wanted.  I went home couple days later i felt so happy that i had to change my name to always remind me of the amazing time I had.

Edited by KSI Bl00d
saw a grammer mistake

You know what? I'm gonna participate in this too because I like my story.

Growing up, I was always a skeptical kid. When I first gained access to an Xbox, I set my gamertag to TrueBlasphemy.

I was introduced to KSI Harmony 7 and a few of her friends, immediately felt like I was home. I spent hours talking to them and decided that if this was what the entirety of KSI was like, I wanted to be a part of that. That night, I changed my gamertag to KSI True, as that was what they had been calling me the whole night. I have been True ever since.

Where shall I begin? I first gained access to xbox in 2014. Back in the day, I do believe my Gamer tag was GrimsAngel. I had xbox live for approximently a year before I joined KSI. After being part of the community a short month or 2, I wanted to rank up. But being stuck at Corporal rank, there wasn't much I could do but change my Gamertag to represent KSI. Finally coming up with the money, I spent approximently 2 hours trying decide what I wanted my name to be. After struggling for a while, I finally came up with KSI BlackWidow3. Many people asked me why? I know it's a bit odd but a majority of male figures in my life left at the time, and I felt lonely, and also blamed myself. So the name fit, even if no one knew why. Since then the name just stuck. I changed it again to KSIDemonicWidow, to represent my division. However since gaining my 7, I've changed it to KSI Widow 7. Nice and simple if you ask me. I totally rock the gamertag  by the way!

Hello everyone! 

Firstly, many people in this community always ask me the same question " Is your name really Gary" they always seem blown away when I say "Actually no it's not " 

Anyway....

When I first came to Xbox all those years ago, I initially couldn't think of a gamer tag, so I stuck with the lame one they gave me.

A few months past and I read an article on the internet talking about how a whole generation went without naming anyone Gary! I thought god dayuuum this cannot happen! Gary such an awesome name so I became Cozmic Gary! And to me that looked awesome ! 

Then the day came where I had earnt my 7 and I needed to decide on a new name.....the answer was clear, a no brainer, it's gotta be Gary! I mean I have never ever seen anyone else with their gamertag as Gary or something similar so I feel like im different and people are more likely to remember me ! I dont think I will ever be able to call myself anything else in the online world ! 

So there you have it ! 

(Don't tell anyone)

I first got an xbox the christmass after my uncle had passed away. The whole family had gotten togther and had bought my little sister and I a white xbox 360. They had already set it up and gave us the name HarleyGirlsx2. Well  it soon  turned in to may dads xbox and he changed it becuse he was not found or being t-bag and called a girl.

He had changed it to HarleyGx2. After a few years i got back in to gaming and later join KSI were i had changed it to KSI MissHarleyQ. I have since changed it becuse i was siting in traffic and had the best idea. I wanted to change it to stuff i acually like. Well my real name is Janelle,  So i thought jane was good start. I then thought about my favorite hobby which is hunting. So  KSI JaneDoe came to mind. I am now very pleased with it but want to change it again someday!

So. The Question about where i got the Famous Nebula, aka Nebbi or Nebs.

My whole life i've been intrigued by space, anything about it, in middle school i use to do research about Black Holes and Nebulas,  and turn it in for Credit, i took Astronomy Class with my sister, Which made me more interested to be a Astronomer later in life! I'm always trying to learn more about space, whether I'm talking with members, or the Family, or even on NASA or making my own research about different topics about space!

Before i joined KSI, my name was TheExoticMuffin, Don't Judge me! :), I later joined KSI in search for friends, and i began to think, what do i want to be called, and it has to be important to me. 

So i Chose Nebula! which no one calls me really, they call me Nebs, Nebbi, Nebulizer. I chose Nebula for my love of space, and to remind me everything that is so large in the universe, yet so small in comparison.

And Thus, my friends, is how i got my name Nebula!

Freya, the fearless Norse goddess.  Such big shoes for a mere mortal to step in.  I wanted to pick a name that represents me, my personality and who I want to be. Who better than such an amazing goddess?

My mother always told me to be proud, to be kind, to be feared and to be loved. She told me to be the best and to make a name for myself everywhere I go. Not to let anyone tell me how to live my life and who to be.  What better way to live your life? 

After Joining KSI I went through a few names, and every single one of them has been remembered, and people have heard of me, but I wanted a name that represented just that. 

Freya translates to Lady,  and she was just that, but she was also one of the most bad ass goddesses ever.  She is the goddess of beauty, sexuality and fertility, but she was also the goddess of sorcery, war and death. She was the definition of being loved and feared to a T.  She also travels in a chariot pulled by cats.  I think we can all agree that Freya is a great roll model and that's what I want to be and how I want to be represented. I wanted to make a name for myself, and I wont give up until I do just that. 

SO before my Gamertag was bluedragon1416 it was a random Gamertag Xbox gave to me, (which was prince of cupcakes) so my friends always annoyed me about it but one dude. we played almost any game we could together... So one day he suggests I make a clan with me and him being top dogs of the clan. this was back in early Xbox 360 days, The clans name was the dragon warriors, the ranking was prime colors were the highest you could be but the clan broke apart right as we were starting to get over 100 people and we were going make a second group in the clan but it just disbanded over an argument about this and that but no matter how hard i tried to save it I couldn't, that's why I have the number at the end 2014 was the highest point and 2016 was when it ended....

Besides having an English meaning my name is an acronym E.V.O.K.E. The E stands for  Éire/ Ireland, V stands for my girlfriend's name Val, O is the first letter in my surname O'Brien, K stands for my best friend Kevin and finally, E stands for entertainment as that's what I love doing.

January 20, 2018

how I got my Gamertag

by: KSI Skychild

Divine warrior

Elysium Gen

I was at work when i got the phone call that changed my life forever. She told me she has news that she was pregnant with a heathly baby girl. We were thinking Of Names for Our beautiful daughter. We came Up With Skylar. When I Joined KSI on Feb 27, 2017 i Wanted to Keep my daughter close to my Heart cuz she means the world to me. Me and My girlfriend came up With the Name KSI Skychild when i joined. Since then it has been my gamertag for almost 1 year in KSI. everyone calls me sky for short. My daughter has changed my life since she was born.

How I got my gamertag KSI Taipan4

By: KSI Taipan4

Squad: Elysium

Division: Divine Warriors

Date: January 20th, 2018

In this report, I am going to tell you how I got my current gamertag but also how I got the two before that. These gamertags mean everything to me. Hopefully y’all enjoy how I got these wonderful gamertags.

So starting off, we have my first ever gamertag called CrazzyJokerZ. This gamertag was created when a couple friends from school told me to join their team called TheStarCraze. We just were Crazzy overall. (No pun intended.) If anything, this gamertag has to be my favorite because of the memories I have had just using it.

Alright, my next gamertag came to be on March 15th, 2016. I chose to go with KSI xJokerZx. The reason I chose this is because it sounded cool and JokerZ was always what everyone called me on Xbox and the competitive scene. I was still debating on another name, but one day I was playing Minecraft with my old General, KSI Emerald Boa’s,  son. He said JokerZ in the cutest way and I knew then I had to change it to that.

Last but not least, I have my current gamertag which is definitely has seen the most action in KSI, KSI Taipan4. It became my gamertag on July 6th, 2016. I chose this gamertag because KSI Python 7, KSI Viper 4, and KSI Emerald Boa 7 were sitting in a party and Python asked me to join DR”s “Snake Club.” I said yes, but choosing a name was really hard because there are so many snakes and I wanted to be original. I eventually chose Taipan because the Taipan has the deadliest venom out of all snakes. I relate to that because back in Advanced Warfare, I had the deadliest shot in DR. The 4 because Python and Viper both had 4’s until Python got 7 and changed it.

I hope y’all enjoyed my story about my gamertags. These tags may just be normal tags, but they have a special meaning to me and will always carry a spot in my heart. Out of Elysium DW,  it has been KSI Taipan4 signing off. Hope y'all have a great one!!!

Edited by KSI Taipan 4

Okay so here’s how I got my gamertag, let’s start with the gamertag where it all began. 

KSI Maniac5, this is the gamertag that I’ve been known by for 3 years. Okay so if you get in a party with me, you’ll know why my gamertag was maniac. I’m a maniac, it’s that simple lol. But for real, when I was younger, everyone would say I’m a Maniac, I used to be the craziest kid in my family, I would do so many things you wouldn’t see a normal younger boy do, so I picked my gamertag from my childhood years, the gamertag means so much to me, the 5 at the end ruined it tho lol, KSI Maniac without the 5 was taken. It really got me mad, but it didn’t stop me from using Maniac in my gamertag. I guess you can say I was a 5 Star Maniac lol. 

Okay so let’s get to the next Gamertag also my current one KSI Bane. I know what your thinking, no I’m not the Batman villain, ya know the big one all hopped up on venom, No I took Bane from the Sith Lord Darth Bane. So here’s a little bit about Darth Bane, he created the rule of two, which if you’ve seen the Star Wars movies you’d know there’s only two Sith, a Master and an Apprentice (Rule of Two). The apprentice would kill the master, after they’ve learned everything they needed to, and get there own apprentice. Doing this Made the sith  stronger. I picked Bane as my gamertag as he has accomplished a lot, and he was a very powerful Sith Lord, and I hope to accomplish so much for this community, minus the rule of two part lol (that would be a bad idea) 

KSI Maniac5 has really stuck with me my whole KSI career, and has meaning from my childhood.

From ya boy, 

KSI Bane/Maniac5.

Stay Cozy.