• Announcements

• KSI worstplayer

Division, Area Section, and Shoutbox Rules   09/11/2017

Division and Area Section Rules.
    • impyyy

KSI Spring Break 2018 Announcement   02/22/2018

Hello! We are proud to announce the official schedule for KSI's 2nd Annual Spring Break, to be held Friday, March 23 - Sunday, March 25, 2018! This year's Spring Break event is momentous in several ways. It is the first large-scale competitive event on the 2018 calendar, and it serves as the official start of KSI's new initiative, the KSI Divisional Cup. As per every large event, there will be a schedule of events, a forums poll, and a scoring system to rank divisions in the order they finish. We will also be holding a Twitch Subscriber Lottery drawing for either KSI Merchandise or a 1-month Loot Crate subscription. Schedule Friday, March 23rd: (8 p.m. EST) Town Hall -- Divisional Cup/Spring Break Q&A Rainbow Six Siege - 4v4 Secure Area Halo 5 - 4v4 Swat Saturday, March 24th: (8 p.m. EST) Rocket League - 2v2 Black Ops 2 - 4v4 TDM Black Ops 2 - 7's FFA Sunday, March 25th: (6 p.m. EST) WWII - 4v4 TDM WWII - 7's FFA Overwatch - 2v2 Mystery Heroes ** Sign-ups for these events will be posted in the weeks to come in the Spring Break area on the forums, which can be found here. Only 7s may post sign-ups for the division, which can be edited until the evening of the event. Each division is allowed just one (1) team per event. For FFAs, there may be just two (2) 7s per division. There will be a Poll posted as part of the event. It will open at 8 p.m. EST on Friday and close at 8 p.m. EST on Sunday. Votes will count toward participation for divisions and members will be asked to post a reply to become eligible for the Spring Break 2018 award! Prizes will be $10 codes, given out to the winners of each individual event. Total prizes for the competition will value ~$200. The Twitch Sub Drawing will happen on Sunday evening. Anybody who subscribes to KSILive before 6 p.m. that night will be entered into the drawing for the merchandise/Loot Crate prize. We may do more than one drawing, depending on Subscriptions. (Reminder: All Subscription revenue is used exclusively for prize pools for events, and the more Subs we get, the more prizes (and the bigger the prizes) we can offer.) Divisional Cup Division Cup will keep track of divisional participation throughout the year! Starting at Spring Break and ending with January's Award Show, we will be ranking divisions each month by their participation, growth, and officer staff ratio to develop a competition for Division of the Year! The division with the most points each month will be named Division of the Month. A list of monthly events will be posted with meeting notes and in the Marketing Area on the forums so everyone can be aware of what will count toward points! Divisions can expect to see points counted for Weekend Warfare, Montage and Clip submissions, News Team contests, Twitch Subscriptions, and OTM/DOTM award periods in the AAP. Additional events will be added depending on what is happening in KSI for that particular month. KSI's large events -- Spring Break, Spirit Week, Fall Classic, and Turkey Bowl -- will count independently and figure into the overall scores, but not the monthly tallies. Social Media Follow along on our Social Media platforms to stay informed, engaged, and to connect with KSI! Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/KSIGlobalGaming Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KSIGlobalGaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/KSIGlobalGaming Twitch: http://twitch.tv/KSILive Twitch: http://twitch.tv/KSILive2 --- We hope to see you at KSI Spring Break 2018! Good luck and happy gaming.
Truecifer

So You Think You Can Write: Gamer Life

Topic will be automatically locked at 05:59 AM

35 posts in this topic

Everyone has a game that got them into gaming.

Tell us about the first game and gaming experience that you had that lead you to know you would spend your life in video games.

Please keep in mind that this does need to be PG-13.

Happy typing!

Awards

So my first game that truly got me into 'That Gaming Life' would be the original Metal Gear Solid on the PSX (the original grey playstation pre-analog stck controllers) i played this game for well in excess of 200 hours multiple playthroughs and multiple hours of frustration, it was truly the first game that truly got me immersed into it and made me want to get 100% completion on all difficulties, granted there wasn't much to it graphics wise but the storyline that the game had was truly innovative and it will be to this day the only stealth based game that im good at and can actually remain stealthy throughout, and i remember clearly the hardest aspect of the game was to get that famed bandana which granted you infinite ammo. But to get that bandana you had to be a button bashing god because you had to survive the electrocution torture that the antagonist "Revolver Ocelot" put you through and to survive this torture you had to button mash the Circle button for 5 rounds of torture with each round lasting longer than the previous and i truly belive that is the reson so many controllers were sold for this console. So in summary this is the one and only game that got me into "That Gamer Life"

Awards

First game I ever played, that would have to be on the original gameboy Pokemon Yellow!  I remember clearly, my uncle Jody called me up I was 7 maybe 8. He was like yo dumbo(my ears were huge) come over I got you something.  So I jump on my bike pettle over to his house where he gave me pokemon yellow and my first gameboy.  I was so stoked! I pretty sure if any pokemon fans remember but that was the first game where you could get all 3 starters legit without trading in that game! Bulbasuar was the hardest for me to get always went for that charmander though charizard is my boy! i still have the game and the gameboy i played it on never deleted my account it has over 215hrs hours on it! Good times :)

Awards

The First Game i ever played huh?, The first time i remember playing was when i was 4 years old, on a Playstation 1, i believe i was playing Megaman. that was the first time i believe that was my first time, after that time i played i fell in love with video games, i later played on the original xbox and played Battlefront 2, then moved to playstation 2 and played Dragonball games :), when i truly became a "Gamer", was on Xbox 360. I played call of duty and halo, and later destiny. all of these games have helped me in life and has made me who i am today, what has made me into the "Gamerlife" is the people i met online, if i haven't met such nice people and people who are real friends whom support me, i wouldn't be here today :)

Awards

The first video game that I played was Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy Color. I played that game all the time but wouldn't say that it was the one that led me to a life of gaming. The one that really sent me down the rabbit hole would have to be the masterpiece that was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64. Ocarina of Time was grandiose in a way that I had never experienced before. The world felt open and alive while by being full of interesting characters while still providing focus on what was important. That game truly made me appreciate how much video games can immerse you into their worlds and stories. From the moment I picked it up I knew that I was in for an exceptional ride and it definitely did not disappoint. The dungeons all offered different kinds of challenges and each area was chock full of secrets. I still remember the first time I acquired the Biggoron's Sword after completing the arduously long fetch and deliver quests and it was definitely worth it to have this massive two-handed sword that would destroy enemies faster than ever before and when I finally defeated Shadow Link in the Water Temple after multiple failed attempts I had the greatest sense of achievement and accomplishment that was only surpassed by beating Ganon at the end of the game and saving Hyrule from certain doom. No game has since lived up to that first experience of playing Ocarina of Time and, honestly, none probably will. A lot of games have come close, filling me with the same sense of wonder and glee that The Legend of Zelda did so long ago, and I believe that those games have the same place in some people's hearts that Ocarina of Time does in mine.

Awards

Hmmm... this is tough because a lot of those times were transition times where I remember some before and most after but I know I played some PS2 the PC and that was it I remember playing some 3D Pac Man game as well and well I bet it looks better in my head than if I were to go back and actually play it anyways there was also some weird badly animated street football game as well. Then there was the Wii which I just remember wii sports and all that other wii stuff but what got me into gaming was my DS and DSi I got into Pokemon Gold and Silver which were amazing games and I also played Mario and Mario 64 all games were amazing and still are the last game that I played for Pokemon and in my opinion is the last Pokemon game that stayed somewhat close to its roots was Pokemon black and white which was phenomonal and then I think we got a ps3 I played that and my DSi on PS3 I believe it was an indie I played a game called PAIN which was hilarious and stupid as all hell but also fun as hell. From there is another transition point until I got an Xbox where I got an Xbox 360 and the game I remember first on the 360 was black ops 1 and I remember the 1 moments where I got into a lobby of zombies and said "h... hello?" Into my Kinect mic (worst. Mic. Ever) and some guy responded "yo" and I got nervous and left immediately. Today I laugh at that moment but from there I don't remember much I remember playing that tons getting Fallout 3 hating it at that time and getting rid of it and then I was playing some 1$ indie game and trying to learn what to do when I met my best friend of that time and that lasted for 2-3 years now he is somewhere where? I don't know. Anyways I met him and a day later at 12 he recruited me into KSI where I was in Fierce WI I left like a month later because people were leaving and it was like petty drama all that I do remember is one member stuck through that and is now KSI Trendies 7. Anyways back on task I know this is about what got you in but I might as well finish what I started. So from there I bounced around game transferred with somebody they got dead island which was an amazing game and I got destiny which is the game series that keeps you for a month then you lose interest easily until the next dlc at least that's all it is for me. I went to another community got literally forced to play BO3 or be booted offline which was fun and then found my favorite FPS of Rainbow 6 Siege and played with XGN I then later went to PS4 became leader of an Overwatch and Elder Scrolls Online squad and still love overwatch today Elder Scrolls Online is okay. Stuff happened there I won't say so this stays happy and then I returned here and now I just play a variety of games and don't stick to one. 

So, now to sum up what has made me into me today here is a list of games that have helped or change me in some way or form.

:) : Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Black, Black Ops 1, Black Ops 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4, Destiny, Destiny 2, Dark Souls 3, Warframe. There is probably a few I forgot to list but I think those matter the most. My dad might still think of most people online as people who have a permanent federal wage paying job and are content with it. But what matters is I think games are supposed to drive you to think differently and throw new ideas and generate questions at you. Without games well I might be less weird or crazy or whatever I am but I think I'd rather be who I am than rather what I'm not. That is just me being a bleeding heart and as wishy washy as Ronin and Havoc say I am shout out to them. Aaaannnyyyways enjoy the book that I have just wrote!

Edited by "The Courier"
If you look at this hi sorry for the randomness :p

Awards

My first game would have to be Star Wars: Starfighter. It was back when my parents were getting a divorce so it was a rough time in my life obviously so my mom went out and bought me a PS2 to distract me. I remember I used to spend hours trying to beat that game and I finally did. Then I got the original Battlefront 2 and that's a story for another day xD

The first game that got me interested in the gaming world was Star Wars Battlefront 1. I had it on the PlayStation 2 and was pretty much the only game I played at that time, besides Mario Cart, obviously! I had a friend that I always played with when he came over and we both kind of grew up playing the game. Now, several years later I’m in this amazing community still having the same feelings about gaming with tons of people here:)

I remember watching Minecraft videos and wishing I could play it then it came out on console and I decided to buy a Xbox just to play it and it was worth it I remember wen there was no hunger bar and how there was still no villagers lol it was really worth it.

The first game I ever played was zombies ate my neighbors on the n64. I was in a campground in a camper. I was 5 years old and I seen my brother playing this game and I asked if I could play. I remember playing two player and I saw a giant floating baby head. I don't know why but i thought that was cool then. And i started sneaking in there while he was away trying to get to that point. I couldn't but seeing that the first time triggered my imagination for video games and I remember making really bad drawings of video game character. I just got really into gaming then and here I am Excited 19 and still gaming.

The first game that really got me into gaming was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I had it on the PS3 and I remember i could not stop playing it. My mom would have to turn off the console just to get me to stop playing it. At first I was really bad at playing but it got to the point to where my other brother would make me play as him on his profile to impress his friends online. Ever since then I’ve been playing video games non stop! 

Awards

The first game i remember playing as a kid was Mario Brothers for the NES. I remember trying to get every single coin before the time limit ran out. Playing levels over and over again to see if I could find any hidden areas. One day I found the hidden warp zones and I was so excited to be able to go straight to level 4 without having to grind through each level to get there. I never thought I was going to find the princess because every castle I beat I found toad just to tell me "Thank You Mario but your princess is in another castle!". So the grind continued through the water levels and so on. When i finally made it to level 8 I really had a hard time getting through the levels at first. When I finally made it to the castle it took me a while to beat it. In the castle there is a sequence you had to follow through the doors to get to bowser. When I finally beat the game by hitting the axe on the the bridge sending him into the lava and finally found Peach I was so excited. Then the grind continued over and over again. This was one of my favorite games I've ever played and never got tired of playing to this day.

hqdefault.jpg

Awards

The Game That Started It All

Alright, so I found my Battle Tanx: Global Assault game for the Nintendo 64 (yes, the very game I ‘stole’ from Blockbuster) the other day in my bedroom closet, looking pretty dirty, pretty rough; its got prison tattoos, it’s smoking a cigarette down there, like “hey, hey… remember me butthole? Ya, what happened, what happened to us?” And it still works. You believe that crap, it still works!? It’s 241 years old. I’ve been using it as a book-marker for the past 10 years. Meanwhile, if I look at my PlayStation game disc the wrong way and it develops a crack. Now saying that it's not perfect. The things gonna work when it wants to. I mean everybody’s got their own tricks; oh, blow in it, give it a back rub, take it out on a date… maybe that’ll work. And once you do get the damn thing to work everybody’s gotta calm the hell down because nothing is volatile; ya make one wrong move, you fart too loud that damn thing will turn into the Matrix. You know, glitch and you’ll have to start over. That’s why if I got remotely far in the game I’d lose my mind, “Hey, everybody just calm the heck down. Uncle Philldo sit your butt down before you screw up this game. I’m on the 15th mission, Assault on SF, goddamn and I’ll never get this damn far… Oh goddamnit!!! I hate you uncle Philldo, I hate you and I’m glad you got bullied as a kid. And goddamn was this video game hard, I don’t even remember having fun. I remember Constantly dying and failing every time I possibly could… half the time it was for bs reasons too. Yeah, what a fun time… no wonder why I’d rip the cartridge out of the damn console while it was still running and throw it at my brother. 

We had a whole generation of 9 year old’s having a mental breakdown because they can’t drive the ‘Goliath’ tank for more than 4 seconds without getting blown up. On paper it seemed like the easiest game in the world; you know on paper its like – Okay that's your tank and go to the objective and blow up anything that gets in your way and win, you have 4 buttons to press, go do it. Take any kid off the street now and put him in front of that game watch them rip the goddamn hair outta their head. “where are the checkpoints at?” Well, we got no checkpoints – you gotta play all night, you get your butt beat, you skip school the next day, you play all damn day, you have a mental breakdown and you finally beat Cassandra, the final boss. Don’t look at me… that’s how you do it, send the instructions, I don’t know what to say. So, I think I’ll just keep the game in there, in the closet, keep it for my kids and use it for punishment. “You play this damn game until your nose bleeds and you have a seizure, okay!? After this, we’ll see if you wanna kick your sister in the shin again.”

Edited by KSI Squeaks
Typos and grammer errors

Awards

Well naturally being a child of the 70s and 80s my first console was an Atari 2600.  With games like pong surround and combat all fun game that defiantly got me excited to play unfortunately the internet was invented yet hell we didn’t even have cable yet.   I also had to walk to school uphill both ways, but I digress.  The games quickly started to get better with better graphics and more enticing then just playing pong.  If I had to pick 1 game though that one game that really grabbed my imagination it would be the king of games Donkey Kong.  If I could name a second game, it would be pitfall I still remember the feeling of playing those 2 game spending loads of time fighting with my brother and sisters for playing time.   Btw some of those great Atari games are on 2 volumes in the Xbox marketplace

Awards

Hmmmmm...  The game that turned my gaming career around forever... I would have to say it would probably be Super Smash Bros Mele for the game cube,  i would literally spend day & night playing that game with my older Siblings. I would run the campaign daily & challenge friends of mine to come over & face me but they all fell to the hands of Kirby lol. Honestly after that gaming just stuck with me & now here i am years later playing games such as Cod, Rocket league, Castle crashers etc. 

Awards

So my first gaming experience that I would say really set my heart on the gaming life would have to be Kingdom Hearts ! 

Now to say I enjoyed the game would be the biggest understatement you would ever hear ! This game came out on the PlayStation 2 on the 28th March 2002 ! And i loved every moment of it ! It's story was captivating, i fell in love with the characters, the villains, and the game play was phonominal for the time ! I must have played it 20+ times! 

Fast forward a few years and Kingdom Hearts 2 came out ! I was so excited ! My mom and dad said they would get it for me for Christmas, so I was a very excited 13 year old! Anyway, around September time I thought "I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to look for my Christmas presents" So I hunted and hunted to no avail! I was disappointed, I thought, "I'll look in their closet, might be there". Lo and behold there it was! The game I was so excited about ! I picked the game up and sniffed the box, and that beautiful plastic new game smell comforted my nostrils ! I noticed the game wasnt in a plastic wrapper, looked at the time and saw my parents wouldnt be home for about 3 more hours ! Lets fire this baby up! 

So to cut a long story short, I ended up completing the game about 2 weeks before Christmas by slyly playing it when my parents were out ! And had to act really surprised come Christmas !!! 

Awards

I was first introduced to gaming on my little pink Intendo DS. I only played cooking Mama and Barbie the 12 dancing princesses. Soon i finally got an xbox, there i played gitar hero where i thought i could acually play the instrument. And now if i hear the song "Baracuda" I instanly go back to trying to smash buttons. My Dad soon got me in to first person shooters. We had to hide it from my mother since she hate the idea, so we would make my little sister look out as we played Call of duty. Soon i started playing and havent stoped since. 

Once upon a time, a 5 year old kid started playing video games.The video game this kid was playing was Halo Combat Evolved. This first person shooter game was his best and favorite franchise in video game history. This kid played halo on every difficulty , even legendary ,the hardest difficulty in that game. He played halo with friends, family and neighbors. He even experienced multiplayer with others. Legend says he still plays halo to this day. -CKiller004

The very first game I played was Jak and Daxter the precursor legacy and it was by far one of the classics it just had that vibe whenever you came home from school or anything like that, that’s what you looked forward to doing this was a much simpler time where you didn’t have to worry about 20 different things at once but times once again change.

Awards

The first game I played was Spyro on PlayStation 1. It was just dope to me as a 4 year old flying around skateboarding and breathing fire on enemies to collect gyms. I think that’s what really started me heavy on playing games wanting to be number one with any game I could get my hands on and here I am today.

Edited by KSI BLACK LEE

So my first game I ever played that I really remember was Ghost Busters. For a computer from the 90s I believe it was old I know that!  But that was not the game that started my gaming life!  I played all systems but a Xbox at this time. When Counter Strike first came out us when I really realized I loved gaming I would play every minute I could. I then got older and life happens and stopped playing games when It was time to buy me a gaming system it was a Xbox so I could play Counter Strike. That was my game and still love it to this day!!! 

I’ve played many games in my lifetime ranging from Mario all the way to call of duty. But if I had to pick one that made me decide I wanted to be a gamer has to be  WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010 for the 360. I remember vividly spending hours at a time making my CAW (Create A Wrestler) just to get his ring an entrance attire correctly an his multiple tattoos definitely had to give them a realistic look. But as far as playing the game I was a big online player in the world. I can definitely say i was addicted to it an I’d lose track of time playing it. One memory that sticks out from that game is this it was a Elimination Chamber match an I was in there against some modders an I knew the odds were against me to win. My CAW was built to hell 45 minutes of grueling punishment but some how I pulled out the win. But WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010 is definitely what got me started.

Awards

by KSI ECHOGLOW59, My first game i have ever played was poptropica on pc and i thought it was fun and i think i was 6 when i first played that and about a year later one of my friends got an xbox 360 and i went over to his house and played cod 2 zombies, and that's what and how i got into games

Okay so it all started on the GameCube, that was super lit. I got into playing a lot of games likes Mario kart double dash, ultimate Spider-Man, uhhhhh I forgot the rest. Lol but the game that really started the gamer life for me was Super Smash bros Melee I think it was called. That game was lit. It was all my brother, sister and I played as kids. We would always plug in our controllers and play for hours. We’d have little tournaments on it. I used too always lose though. But it was still a fun time with the fam. Now their lives didn’t go towards gaming like mine, but oooo my really gaming life started when I got the Xbox 360. Oooooooooooooooooo Modern Warfare 2 was lit. I used to play that game for hours, I remember meeting someone on Xbox Live that instantly became my friend, we were friends for a year, and then he told me to get a deeper voice if I wanna play with him (I was a squeaker lol). So I moved on met some people, played with school friends. Now Black Ops 1 was fire that was what I played 24/7 for a long time. My mom had to literally ground me all the time because all I did was play video games lol. But yea y’all get it, Super Smash bros is what started the late night gaming with the friends on Mw2 , it’s why I’m here today. It made me appreciate the quality of games and made me play Xbox 24/7. 

From ya boy KSI Bane

DW is lit 

and I was half asleep while writing this lol, I literally just woke up in the middle of the night and said So you think you can write time? 

Awards

Hey KSI BLACKFLIP here, I started playing video games at the age of 13. Call of Duty BO2 and Call of Duty Ghost were my first games. I loved the idea of first person shooters from the very beginning and I have stuck pretty close to the Call of duty franchise. I fell in love with quick scoping and absolutely have changed my whole play styles to suit the quick scoping dream of hitting clips and absolutely destroying the call of duty life style. Just resenty have I started playing games such as Fortnight and Destiny 2 but I am definitely a FPS player.