KSI Gandhi 7

Got Workshop Ideas, or Just Ideas in General? Post Them Here!

9 posts in this topic

What's up KSI?!

As many of you know we are entering a new phase of education in this community. The past model from training and learning is evolving into something that better fits the communities needs, desires, and structures in the modern gaming environment. Some of the things we have done as a department include creating a workshop on how to Train other Trainers in this community, coming up with a new set of clan ops workshop, a modern take on the welcoming committee, and so much more. 

But our creativity only goes so far. That's where you come in.

Do you have an idea for a workshop or training? Do you know of a topic that needs to be covered, but hasn't been? Have you written your own workshop, recruiting guide, officer notes for your division/squad that you want the rest of KSI to potentially have wider access to?

If the answer is YES to any of those questions, post your ideas down below.

Please know though, that even if you post an idea it doesn't mean it will necessarily be adopted. Also know that we might not get to every idea immediately. Some times our plates are full, and we can only fit so much in at one time.  However, if we do take your's on board, we will likely ask you to help us out.

Awards

I think have a workshop on HR would be needed. Alot of people dont knoe about the resources available to them in HR. I had an incident in my squad that i need a senior for. They had Havoc update HR resources showing all the websites you can possibly imagine to help your squad mates in real life situations

Awards

My input is this I work at Best Buy have worked in all the departments here and what I’ve noticed is the department that does the most work has a one stop shop with hyper links to all the information they need for certain situations. If you want help with setting up I can get one the post creators in a party can explain in detail

Edited by Darkeinhorn
More information

Awards

I think a member retention workshop would be useful. We're told to recruit from day 1 but other than engaging in activitys with the new members how else do we gain activity from them day in and day out. Or retaining older members who have been in  the squad but tend to prefer to play alone or with friends outside our community. 

Awards

23 minutes ago, KSI ODINN 7 said:

I think a member retention workshop would be useful. We're told to recruit from day 1 but other than engaging in activitys with the new members how else do we gain activity from them day in and day out. Or retaining older members who have been in  the squad but tend to prefer to play alone or with friends outside our community. 

This is something we are working on, in a manner of speaking. 

We are hopefully going to be rolling out an updated Welcoming Committee structure for each division by about June. Part of that team will be some information on current member retention, and how we might improve it.

Awards

5 minutes ago, KSI Gandhi 7 said:

This is something we are working on, in a manner of speaking. 

We are hopefully going to be rolling out an updated Welcoming Committee structure for each division by about June. Part of that team will be some information on current member retention, and how we might improve it.

Ok awesome, thanks buddy

Awards

I know this idea is out there yet it's not like it isn't an idea worth giving. Anyways ignore that :P but I think a workshop that is always helpful in my time around communities is one where you host a workshop that is focused on suggestions, advice, and questions I usually find this useful as it is a fishbowl of sorts and creates ideas that can be built off of, advice that can be given and explained in depth, and questions that can be answered with with ease as you will probably have at least a couple officers or a 7 at said workshop (who knows maybe the question could generate a suggestions that somebody could give advice on to achieve said idea and it be a really helpful implementation) anyways that's my idea and it's always a fun workshop to do as it's a mixed bag and usually fuels itself!

Awards

I personally would agree to a workshop in every division for HR because when I was in KSI two e=years ago I was told by my upper leadership at the time that if someone was having mental issues we were to turn them away for KSI because we could make it worse no one ever told me that HR has resources for those people can we add that to the handbook or somewhere? I think that is something worth putting in fine print for this community HR is just as important and there aren't a lot of things around that state all the resources it has. I would love this and now that I know a little more I can tell others about it too.

Awards

As many who know me i am always making new Notes on how to do ceritian things. I have a number of notes, and workshops that i have created on my own free time. Something i think is important is a RCTing workshop. Anyone can follow the process given to us but how does a  member find a quality rct? How do we talk to people in away that makes us look like a community that Acaully cares for the well being of its members? I belive workshops like this and similar would be benificial but also answer questions on why we do things, and prevent bigger mistakes from happening. And i know from me and alot of others in ES thank you for taking the time to educate our future.