• Announcements

• KSI worstplayer

Division, Area Section, and Shoutbox Rules   09/11/2017

Division and Area Section Rules.
    • impyyy

KSI Divisional Hall of Fame   08/12/2018

We are excited to announce a new addition to KSI's portfolio -- The Divisional Hall of Fame! Members make impressions and differences every day at the divisional level, and thanks to the ingenuity of KSI member KSI Skarzx 77 and the KSI AAP, we have decided to implement an official Divisional Hall of Fame across the community. The process will run similarly to KSI’s “Of the Month” and “Of the Year” awards, but with some minor tweaks, including the nomination periods and the nomination process. Current Members This process will happen twice a year: 1) at Fall Classic in September and 2) Spring Break in March. You will only be allowed to nominate one (1) person in YOUR division. You cannot nominate a member of another division, or if you are not active within Clan-Ops. To be eligible, the nominee must meet the following baseline criteria: Must currently be in the division they are being nominated for. Must be in the division for at least six (6) months. Must be in KSI for at least one (1) year. Must have been awarded Outstanding Service Level 1 through the AAP. Not been blacklisted, security risked, or DNH’ed unless successfully appealed and overturned. Must have KSI gamertag. Please make sure those criteria are met. You can confirm that criteria by visiting their profile and looking at their awards tab, or by asking the person you are nominating. The nomination process will occur within a specially made section similar to KSI's DOTMs, and each division will have its own thread for nominations. Each nomination will earn your division a point for the Divisional Cup for September. When the nomination process ends, AAP will confer and select up to three (3) inductees per division. They may choose less depending on testimony and evidence provided. Previous OTM/OTY/Award nominations will be considered when going over nominations. The inductees who are selected will be announced at a KSI-wide Live Stream on the Final Day of Fall Classic in late September and Spring Break in late March. Some tweaks may occur before the nominations open, but here is the template you will be provided to use: --- Information on Nominee: Division:
      Gamertag:
      Link to Profile: Qualifications: Nominee’s Current Rank:
      Has Nominee been in this division for at least six (6) months?
      Has Nominee been in KSI for at least one (1) year? Awards: Has Nominee been awarded Outstanding Service Level 1?
      Please list other awards this member has received: Testimony: Why does this member belong in your division’s Hall of Fame? --- Retired/Ex-Divisional Members Retired Members may be able to be inducted throughout the year by applying in the AAP section. They will submit a normal AAP post following the usual award template, and witnesses will be outlined in the form. The same process will be used for Directors/Seniors/Etc. who are still in the community, but not currently within the division they made their ascent in. If the strength of the witnesses is to par, they will be inducted on the spot following an AAP vote. Current Hall of Fame Members Current KSI Hall of Famers will be retroactively inducted into their division's Hall of Fame. Display of Divisional Hall of Famers Divisional Hall of Famers will be displayed for eternity within the Clan Ops Information Center, with blurbs from the testimony provided during the nomination process. Becoming a Divisional Hall of Fame inductee is no minor accomplishment and we will proudly display their gamertags for future generations of KSI members to look at as an example of what a great KSI member is. --- So that's the system, and we will be moving forward with this process. We will review the process periodically to see if there will be new tweaks to make it run more efficiently. The first nomination period will be from August 20 - September 15, with winners announced during Fall Classic. Thank you for your support and happy nominating. - KSI ImPyyy 7
      KSI Chief Executive Officer
Hello Im Gandhi

Got Workshop Ideas, or Just Ideas in General? Post Them Here!

11 posts in this topic

What's up KSI?!

As many of you know we are entering a new phase of education in this community. The past model from training and learning is evolving into something that better fits the communities needs, desires, and structures in the modern gaming environment. Some of the things we have done as a department include creating a workshop on how to Train other Trainers in this community, coming up with a new set of clan ops workshop, a modern take on the welcoming committee, and so much more. 

But our creativity only goes so far. That's where you come in.

Do you have an idea for a workshop or training? Do you know of a topic that needs to be covered, but hasn't been? Have you written your own workshop, recruiting guide, officer notes for your division/squad that you want the rest of KSI to potentially have wider access to?

If the answer is YES to any of those questions, post your ideas down below.

Please know though, that even if you post an idea it doesn't mean it will necessarily be adopted. Also know that we might not get to every idea immediately. Some times our plates are full, and we can only fit so much in at one time.  However, if we do take your's on board, we will likely ask you to help us out.

Awards

I think have a workshop on HR would be needed. Alot of people dont knoe about the resources available to them in HR. I had an incident in my squad that i need a senior for. They had Havoc update HR resources showing all the websites you can possibly imagine to help your squad mates in real life situations

Awards

My input is this I work at Best Buy have worked in all the departments here and what I’ve noticed is the department that does the most work has a one stop shop with hyper links to all the information they need for certain situations. If you want help with setting up I can get one the post creators in a party can explain in detail

Edited by Darkeinhorn
More information

Awards

I think a member retention workshop would be useful. We're told to recruit from day 1 but other than engaging in activitys with the new members how else do we gain activity from them day in and day out. Or retaining older members who have been in  the squad but tend to prefer to play alone or with friends outside our community. 

Awards

23 minutes ago, KSI ODINN 7 said:

I think a member retention workshop would be useful. We're told to recruit from day 1 but other than engaging in activitys with the new members how else do we gain activity from them day in and day out. Or retaining older members who have been in  the squad but tend to prefer to play alone or with friends outside our community. 

This is something we are working on, in a manner of speaking. 

We are hopefully going to be rolling out an updated Welcoming Committee structure for each division by about June. Part of that team will be some information on current member retention, and how we might improve it.

Awards

5 minutes ago, KSI Gandhi 7 said:

This is something we are working on, in a manner of speaking. 

We are hopefully going to be rolling out an updated Welcoming Committee structure for each division by about June. Part of that team will be some information on current member retention, and how we might improve it.

Ok awesome, thanks buddy

Awards

I know this idea is out there yet it's not like it isn't an idea worth giving. Anyways ignore that :P but I think a workshop that is always helpful in my time around communities is one where you host a workshop that is focused on suggestions, advice, and questions I usually find this useful as it is a fishbowl of sorts and creates ideas that can be built off of, advice that can be given and explained in depth, and questions that can be answered with with ease as you will probably have at least a couple officers or a 7 at said workshop (who knows maybe the question could generate a suggestions that somebody could give advice on to achieve said idea and it be a really helpful implementation) anyways that's my idea and it's always a fun workshop to do as it's a mixed bag and usually fuels itself!

Awards

I personally would agree to a workshop in every division for HR because when I was in KSI two e=years ago I was told by my upper leadership at the time that if someone was having mental issues we were to turn them away for KSI because we could make it worse no one ever told me that HR has resources for those people can we add that to the handbook or somewhere? I think that is something worth putting in fine print for this community HR is just as important and there aren't a lot of things around that state all the resources it has. I would love this and now that I know a little more I can tell others about it too.

Awards

As many who know me i am always making new Notes on how to do ceritian things. I have a number of notes, and workshops that i have created on my own free time. Something i think is important is a RCTing workshop. Anyone can follow the process given to us but how does a  member find a quality rct? How do we talk to people in away that makes us look like a community that Acaully cares for the well being of its members? I belive workshops like this and similar would be benificial but also answer questions on why we do things, and prevent bigger mistakes from happening. And i know from me and alot of others in ES thank you for taking the time to educate our future. 

1. A PO Forums workshop

The workshop would go over the importance of the forums.
How to make an account
How to make a profile
How to make a post
How to make a topic
How to post a join/rejoin app
How to apply to a department
The forums rules and regulations
It'll go through many areas of the forums 
And many basic things, like how to tag someone in a post and such.

This will give many members, pvts, CPLs, and sgts to finally have a good understanding of the forums.

Once people are certified to teach this workshop, they will teach more members.

2. A Security workshop.

Teach people how to do the advanced security work of the old Internal Affairs department. 

This is to ensure we all have the resources to ensure we can protect out squad and division

Awards

I heard that Performance Operations are planning on creating system of Welcoming Divisions.

Here is my proposal for a Welcome Committee:

There would be a a Lead and a co-lead, there would be 1-4 reps from each squad(based on the numbers of the squad and division)

This welcoming committee would be in charge of introducing new members to the rest of the squad, as well as other members of the division

They would be in charge of trying to increase the Squad's forum activity by telling members about the forums and helping them make an account and setting up.

They will also be in charge of letting members know and helping them find KSI's social media, such as our Twitter, twitch, and such

They will try to get members to sign up and participate in KSI'S events such as T&E and others. By not only sending discord messages, but speaking personally with members.

They will also interview members and get an idea of what they think about the squad, members will be interviewed a week after being accepted to the squad, than 3 weeks, than to be determined. The reason I want to do this is for the officers and leaders can get a good idea of what is doing right wrong, how they can improve and such, feedback from the members.

People in the committee would set set of joint squad game nights throughout the week and month.

They would try to increase member unity by constantly bringing people together who play the same games. I.e: John, Mary, Sue, Dave all play WW2, and play at the same time, but they don't play with each member.

A rep from the WC would get then all in a party, introduce them to each other, and would attempt to get them to play together.

Awards

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead