Sign in to follow this  
Scarface 77

How Would You Handle it?

What would you do?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How would you handle the situation?

• No Physical Evidence to support John story and the only witness has possible bias so I stress that they need to cut it out and move on
    • I remove Joe for violating his 1 strike policy and my evidence is John testimony and Mike's witnessing the event combined with his history
    • Other - Please Explain

2 posts in this topic

So here is the scenario and please choose whichever option is more along what you as an officer/leader would handle it or offer an alternative route:

KSI John23 came to me today complaining that Joe32snipe  violated code of conduct in some of the verbal statements directed towards him (*KSI John23*).  The statements did consist of a few vulgar terms , which can easily be identified as racist and definitely not something you would want to hear. The only other person in the party is KSI Mike23 who is john brother and is backing up the entire statement.  Joe32snipe professes that he did trash talk a little bit because they were playing some overwatch and he was carrying the team but said it wasn't one sided. KSI John23 was also throwing verbal shots back in defense and joe took it as healthy trashtalk amongst friends. When approached about the racist comments made , Joe says that he didn't say it (Side note- Joe has a history of speaking without thinking and his words have gotten him in trouble in the past and is currently on a 1 strike). As an officer how would you handle the scenario? *Vote via poll and post explanation below*

Awards

This is a very tough situation. If you don't remove Joe than the other two could get upset and decide to leave and they may feel ignored, but to decide Joe is guilty without any actual evidence or non biased witnesses would be unjust and unfair.

I think the most fair and just action would to not punish Joe.

But how you present this information to John and his brother will determine how they will react. You need to explain that you're not able to punish Joe due to no evidence or non biased witnesses, explain why his brother is a biased witness, but apologise for them feeling the way they do and that Joe is on a one strike policy and if there were evidence of wrong doing by him he would be removed.

You would explain to Joe that this is another chance to show he will be a valuable member.

If John and history brother decide to leave even after this it isn't your fault, you're just doing the just and fair action.

Awards