Sign in to follow this  
KSI Tobias 7

Department suggestions

Question

The process is a little slow for applications, however I am unaware of what the processes are within the departments so forgive me for making these suggestions if they’re already in place. If these suggestions are already in place then why aren’t the members updated when they post a ‘join a department’ application? 

The wait time for the reply on the join a department is rather long, in the wait time period if there isn’t a spot available there should be a notice or a comment about that availability for the spot right away instead of posting for possible interviews. Sometimes during the meetings, there aren’t any updates about the essential information for join a department except the ‘read before you post’ guideline, which some are out of date and should be updated. 

An announcement should be made for updates on processes for the applications if there are any, so that people aren’t left with outdated information on how many people can be apart of the department per division. Sudden changes within the limit per division should be announced also and if there are any open join requests they should be told instead of not communicating with potential new hires. Let’s say if a member is busy or there’s an event is happening within the community, there should be a representative that can post on the applicants thread for any possible delays. 

Inactivity within the applications should be avoided, it discourages potential join applications and seeing the inactivity on other applications is very discouraging for the interested member for that department. Even if there’s a member who’s just there for the beginning of the processes, initial discussion on the opportunities within the department and then being passed down through a structured system like a screening time. There have been multiple people who’ve had concerns on the wait time and inactivity within the threads. Similarity to how the rejoin section is done, how there are multiple people checking in on the applications there should be more monitoring the ‘join a department’ section.  This is will also help create more jobs within each department to allow further growth within the community. 

Each department has a set amount of members or an undisclosed amount from the public member, there should be an updated list of who’s in each department in case if lack of communication happens. A go to person if you must, for questions involving the departments application process or ideas for the department. Kind of like the basic ranking structure within a squad, a person there for potential hires or for people curious about the department at question. Adding more roles encourages growth and options for people to gain further into their desired department, also allows learning and stability within the department. 

Being told to just read the forums is frustrating for potential members, especially if their questions aren’t listed on the forums and having a member to answer simple questions would improve the experience they have while joining the department. A positive experience while joining is good coverage and encourages more members to want to join. 

I am not saying that all the departments are a mess, I am saying that there’s always room for improvement and that there could be more options available for members to join. If a department head/co-head is too busy because life got in the way the suggestions I’ve got will help with the extra work. Members are always looking to help within the community and especially if they see their mentors needing a little assistance.  Not all departments need these suggestions or require them as they can function well without them. I’m posting these suggestions for the minority that end up having issues that could be solved easily if the access is available to them. 

Thank you for reading. 

Awards

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, KSI Tobias said:

Each department has a set amount of members or an undisclosed amount from the public member, there should be an updated list of who’s in each department in case if lack of communication happens. A go to person if you must, for questions involving the departments application process or ideas for the department. Kind of like the basic ranking structure within a squad, a person there for potential hires or for people curious about the department at question. Adding more roles encourages growth and options for people to gain further into their desired department, also allows learning and stability within the department. 

Each department has a "Staff list" on the forums, each member of the community can go to these sections and look at the Staff of said departments. Also, if you do not know whos in which departments, just Ask your division and they'll tell you

1 hour ago, KSI Tobias said:

An announcement should be made for updates on processes for the applications if there are any, so that people aren’t left with outdated information on how many people can be apart of the department per division. Sudden changes within the limit per division should be announced also and if there are any open join requests they should be told instead of not communicating with potential new hires. Let’s say if a member is busy or there’s an event is happening within the community, there should be a representative that can post on the applicants thread for any possible delays. 

There is a lot of Outdated Information on the Forums and on KSIGlobal, people are working on fixing these issues and updating them so issues do not occur.
If any applications are confused as to why its taking a while, or have any questions about delay, They may go to their Division representatives, or the People running the Department.
There is always going to be times when Members and Leaders are busy, if Applicants can't reach the Leaders of the Department on the Application, then you should try to reach out in other areas aswell. There isn't really any need for a Representative to post on Threads just for Delays, that's the Head/Co-heads Job.

2 hours ago, KSI Tobias said:

Being told to just read the forums is frustrating for potential members, especially if their questions aren’t listed on the forums and having a member to answer simple questions would improve the experience they have while joining the department. A positive experience while joining is good coverage and encourages more members to want to join. 

This is very true, but if any Potentials have any questions then they should go to a officer inside of their Squad, or ask the people recruiting them. If they do not know, then they can advance in the Rank Structure further until their questions are answered.

The wait time for the reply on the join a department is rather long, in the wait time period if there isn’t a spot available there should be a notice or a comment about that availability for the spot right away instead of posting for possible interviews. Sometimes during the meetings, there aren’t any updates about the essential information for join a department except the ‘read before you post’ guideline, which some are out of date and should be updated.

True, but mainly depends on the Staff and whats happening at that moment. "there aren’t any updates about the essential information for join a department except the ‘read before you post’ guideline, which some are out of date and should be updated." People were complaining about Departments not having any new notes, and a lot of it being the same, so usually if the staff don't have anything new to say, then it will be basic knowledge inside of the notes.

I am not saying that all the departments are a mess, I am saying that there’s always room for improvement and that there could be more options available for members to join. If a department head/co-head is too busy because life got in the way the suggestions I’ve got will help with the extra work. Members are always looking to help within the community and especially if they see their mentors needing a little assistance.  Not all departments need these suggestions or require them as they can function well without them. I’m posting these suggestions for the minority that end up having issues that could be solved easily if the access is available to them. 

Each Department is Different, they have different staff and different ideals. They have different ideas on how to best run the department and how to better the community while inside of the department.

That being said, most of the things you said were correct, like the information that's outdated, hopefully that gets finished soon and fully updated for the members all around the community.
Thank you for putting up these suggestions. I'm sure the Staff in Dept Operations will keep them in mind.

Awards

Hi Tobias,

Firstly thank you for this - I was going to leave your ranting and unpleasantries however we will have a discussion soon about it.

You mention that there is nowhere that states how many members a department is looking for.

Please see this thread: 

If you review the second post, made by myself It actually states, and I quote “ We are looking for 1-2 representatives per division, only one may be a 7, to spread the word of all KSI events and drive up awareness and participation.”

You may also not recall but you asked me if you can post an application, I told you “Yes you may, but FI has all its Marketing Reps”.

So while I appreciate your concerns, all the information is there. All the information was provided to you personally but you chose not to listen. 

Also, you mention a Go to person for questions about departments. Hi my name is Scotland, I help the Department heads run their departments, you already know me and what I do. Reach out, be proactive rather than expecting people to do it all for you. 

I will be adding to each departments applications that If someone feels their application is taking longer than usual to reach out via PM to both the department head and myself.

Awards