December 77

So You Think You Can Write - September 2018

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

33 posts in this topic

SYTYCW-817x320.png

September’s So You Think You Can Write topic is: 

“Top 3 pieces of advice you wish you’d gotten when you were recruited into KSI.”

• Original recruit date:

• 1st piece of advice:

• 2nd piece of advice:

• 3rd piece of advice:

Everyone is encouraged to participate! Only member submissions will be counted, however. 

This topic will be open until September 27th @ 11:59pm EST

Awards

Original recruit date: 11/26/13

• 1st piece of advice: Make sure when you move up/ if you do decide to, you can handle the responsibilities of that rank and be careful not to rush it, you can miss small details that will make you the best leader you can be.

• 2nd piece of advice: If you decide to become a leader, Be the change you want to see. Dont complain everyone else isnt doing something right. Step up, take initiative and take charge. 

• 3rd piece of advice: Be smart in the decisions you make in the community. You could 100 good things but if you do 1 bad thing thats what gets remembered. 

Awards

• Original recruit date: July 24th 2013

• 1st piece of advice: Always be careful with information it is key to a persons intentions and helps identify problems.

• 2nd piece of advice: Being emotional only makes problems worse because you can never think properly.

• 3rd piece of advice: Remember people have to be accountable for their actions even when everyone likes you.

Awards

Original recruit date: First Time ever :Oct 1,2017 rejoined 6/23/18

• 1st piece of advice: I wish someone told me that there was forums rewards, I still dont have any, but whatever , i see how it is. But the awards , gives members to trive for and makes us feel like we accomplish something and did something good

• 2nd piece of advice: I wish the advice i was given is that there was so many people. The massive ness of this community is amazing and at first i felt that i was a rock on a hill , then when i looked i was a ant in the universe, this community is crazy and i love it

• 3rd piece of advice: I wish i was told there was alot of adults. It wouldve been good to know because the way everything is organized , its professional, but im not so that got messed up real quick. T is fun to learn that young-old , we all love video gamea and that we all get along. 

Extra. I love this community and it is/has been an amazing ride so far. I hope it doesnt end and i want to meet more people. There are other adivicea i would of love to had like Departments and Events. I hope this community continue to expand and get bigger and better , Love you all , KSI Shadowz

P.S. Lets try and like this to get me a award for the most like comment of the day 3x (Need to win one more) Bye bye 

Awards

• 1st piece of advice: Don't rush promotion, just because its there doesn't mean you are ready for that task

• 2nd piece of advice: Its okay to take your time and ask questions, no one is here to judge make sure you fully understand

• 3rd piece of advice: Don't trust everyone you meet, some people are not as friendly as they might seem

Awards

“Top 3 pieces of advice you wish you’d gotten when you were recruited into KSI.”

• Original recruit date:  February 12, 2017

• 1st piece of advice:  Get out there and get involved.  Use the Discord app., join game nights, meet people from your squad, other squads within your division, and even other divisions.  Network!

• 2nd piece of advice:  Find a leader in the community you feel comfortable speaking with about ideas, concerns, or just life in general.  Use the open-door policy to your benefit.

• 3rd piece of advice:  Do not be afraid to ask questions about KSI and how this community functions.  Don't be left guessing how things works, just ask.  

Awards

•Original recruit date: 08/07/28

• 1st piece of advice: Don’t be afraid to stand up and make moves in the squad. 

• 2nd piece of advice: Never hesitate to ask any question that you need an outside source with

• 3rd piece of advice: Do not just stop at being a PVT. Keep grinding and move up because being a productive member of the community is greatly appreciated by all 

Awards

• Original recruit date: 8/14/17

• 1st piece of advice: Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with all the things you can do; take a step back and do things one at a time rather than trying to take on everything yourself.

• 2nd piece of advice: Rather than getting worked up about mistakes learn from them and move forward, they make you grow as a person and help you be better as a leader.

• 3rd piece of advice: Most importantly of all make sure to keep up with things IRL first, no need to get stressed out when two things happen at the same time, sometimes you just need to take time for yourself and that's okay.

Awards

Original recruit date: 05/03/18

• 1st piece of advice: Keep an open mind and an open heart; there are a lot of awesome people to game with who are friendlier than you think
  • 2nd piece of advice: Department OPs is a great thing to do, don't hesitate to join up and find something that fits your personality
  • 3rd piece of advice: Being an officer is a lot of work, but you have ranking officers you can turn to for advice

Awards

Original recruit date: 4/12/17

• 1st piece of advice: Get into Dept Ops as soon as possible. The knowledge and connections you make there will help you a lot when it comes to fully understanding what KSI has to offer and how to pass that information to others. 

• 2nd piece of advice: Being an officer/leader requires a lot of time and determination . But don't let that deter you , it may be tough for a little bit but once you instilled your hard work into your squad it gets easier quickly. 

• 3rd piece of advice: Your going to lose people, don't let that scare you from making the difficult decisions , even when you know they were the right ones.

Awards

Original recruit date - 11/22/15

1. Don't take KSI, or yourself too seriously. We all joined here originally to have fun and meet new people, sometimes it's easy as you're moving up the ranks to lose sight of that and even become jaded. At the end of the day no matter how much it stresses you out odds are a good portion of it is in your head and it's not that important.

2. Take your time moving up the ranks, now that I've made it as far as I have in KSI I've realized that I really miss a few ranks. General is probably the rank i miss the most, the chase for my 7 made me constantly try to do everything to impress my 7s and rank up. Now I realize that my favorite time in KSI was at general, and i regret not staying that rank longer.

3. Be confident. Odds are you're not as bad as you think you are.

Awards

Original Recruit Date 5/4/14

1.  Nobody can make or tell you the true KSI experience that is something up to you to do on your own. Whether your in for a month or years the KSI experience will be whatever you make it to be.

2. Curve balls will be thrown at you during your time in the community an you have three choices on how to handle them.

1. Duck or Move- meaning trying to avoid every situation that happens to you in the community.

2. Stand There an Get Hit- just sitting there taking every situation an not doing anything about it.

3. Knock It Out of The Park - facing that situation head on an dealing with it successfully.

3. That no matter whatever you achieve in the community you are no more or no less important than anybody here. Because at the end of the day we all started out on the bottom end of the KSI totem pole. We just get to where we’re at by the choices we make an how we perceive our experience to be.

Awards

Original recruit date: 11/13/16

• 1st piece of advice: Never give up! When times look tough, just stick it out and persevere! You won't believe what you can acheive.

• 2nd piece of advice: Don't be afraid to speak up and give your opinion where appropriate. Many members of the community may feel that they can't speak their mind to leaders afraid of repercussions. If you feel something needs to be said then don't be afraid to speak up! 

• 3rd piece of advice: Always speak with leaders for advice and guidance ! 7s reach that position due to their extensive knowledge of the community and ability to lead ! The combined 7 staff in this community have a plethora of knowledge they want to share! So seek them out!

Awards

Top 3 pieces of advice you wish you’d gotten when you were recruited into KSI.”

• Original recruit date: 2/16/16

• 1st piece of advice: Take things slow and enjoy your time with everyone. 

• 2nd piece of advice: Take advantage of the Education program, they help not just for KSI things.

• 3rd piece of advice: Don’t take advantage of the time you have with the people you meet here. We all know sometimes people just go dark. Is the unfortunate reality of the gaming world. 

Awards

Original recruit date: 7/5/17

Advice wish I would have gotten: if you don't feel like you are being trained correctly ask someone above who trained you.

2: how to work the forums and been told more about them sooner.

3: don't let it stress you out we are all here to have fun. Make new friends and have people to game with. My first few months in KSI was not like that but soon became amazing and I'm very glad that I stayed.

Awards

Original recruit date: 5/27/17

1:

When you find some people you enjoy playing with enjoy that time. At some point life will get in the way and you may not get to chill with your friends as much as you'd like.

2:

Take time for yourself. Meaning if you feel burnt out its perfectly fine to step back and participate where and when you like.

3:

Chasing a promotion wont mean anything if you don't understand that by doing so you will have to deal with situations in an objective manner. Especially where your friends are concerned. 

Awards

Original recruit date: 9.4.2016

• 1st piece of advice: 

Learn the forums. They hold the secrets to being successful when you go on to becoming an officer.

• 2nd piece of advice:

People come and go in the community - don't take it to heart.

• 3rd piece of advice:

Be active in the departments and events; it is a great way to meet people across divisions.

Awards

I joined KSI February 12th 2014, the three things I wished I knew before joining are; If you plan on going past SGT its not just attendance. You need to understand theres actual structure to the ranks.  im glad I learned though, I surprisingly use KSI knowledge IRL. Second, dont  let your emotions get the best of you. You can sometimes be faced with hard decions, and even thhough it's a gaming community, you gotta do whats right and think of not just your wants and needs but your squad/div as a whole. you cant be a leader if youre not aware. And lastly, not everyone is your friend. just like real life, a lot of people are looking out for themselves and once they hit that 7 position, they can sometimes become a whole other person looking out for themselves and not KSI as a family. 

Awards

• Original recruit date: 8/9/2014

• 1st piece of advice: LEARN HOW TO USE THE FORUMS! When I first joined, I new they were there. I made an account. I did my officer check in’s and I signed up for Weekend Warfare. But that’s about it - I never fully realized how much information the forums contain until WAYYY after I joined KSI. 

• 2nd piece of advice: FIND A MENTOR! Seek mature people in the community to learn from. Members who stay away from drama, who’ve accomplished much and who are open to socializing with anyone, regardless of rank. If you’re having troubling finding a mentor or someone to learn from, ask a 7 in your division! 

• 3rd piece of advice: JOIN DEPARTMENT OPS! No matter what your strengths or personal experience, there’s almost always a place for you in Department Operations. Visit the Join A Department section to see what Departments are hiring or talk with a current Department rep for more information! Clan Ops is the back bone of KSI but there are many other ways to get involved and make a difference in the community. 

Awards

Original recruit date: February 27th 2017

• 1st piece of advice:

Be Active with your Squad! Reach out to them if they aren't inviting you. Activity goes both ways. Do your to be involved with your Squad, Division, and the Community as a whole!

• 2nd piece of advice:

Do what makes you Happy, if you want to hang out with you're Friends in a different squad/Division, then do it! Play with who you want to play with! Don't let anyone Tell you different!

• 3rd piece of advice:

Participate in the Community, Clan ops is just 1/3 of the Community! There is so much more you can do within the Community. You never know how much impact you'll have until you give your 100%! Do your Best!

Awards

SYTYCW-817x320.png

September’s So You Think You Can Write topic is: 

• Original recruit date: 3-23-18 

• 1st piece of advice:Be talkative! Get to know your officers become a family!!

• 2nd piece of advice: be active as a new recruit its where your looked at the most!  

• 3rd piece of advice: fall in love with KSI. Real life comes first but make ksi a top on your list and it will be a beautiful experience! 

Everyone is encouraged to participate! Only member submissions will be counted, however. 

This topic will be open until September 27th @ 11:59pm EST

•  

Original recruit date: July 1st,2013

• 1st piece of advice: Always take pride and integrity in the mistakes that you make because h will grow from it

• 2nd piece of advice: Promotion comes with hard work and building tour knowledge base, it shouldn’t be five because of friendship or relationship

• 3rd piece of advice: Remember people have to be accountable for their actions even when everyone likes you.

Awards

Original recruit date: 04/03/18

• 1st piece of advice: not to rush in to climbing up the ranks without the relevant information you need to fulfill that rank 

• 2nd piece of advice:  to be taught how to navigate and use the forums in the correct manner so as to not post anything in the wrong area

• 3rd piece of advice: The last piece of advice I wish I had been given is to always be ready to adapt to any situation that faces you when becoming an officer in KSI 

Awards

Top 3 pieces of advice you wish you’d gotten when you were recruited into KSI.”

• Original recruit date: 08/07/18

• 1st piece of advice: Don't be scared to add everyone you meet they may enjoy your company

• 2nd piece of advice: Don't T-Bag its disrespectful

• 3rd piece of advice: Be respectful to all who talk to you 

Awards

• Original recruit date: 11/30/14

• 1st piece of advice:

The first piece of advice I wish I had gotten when I were recruited would be never be afraid to seek out a 2nd opinion on any decisions you make

• 2nd piece of advice:

The second piece of advice I wish I had gotten would be no matter what struggles you go through always look back at what you have done to accomplish your goals and get to where you are!

• 3rd piece of advice:

And lastly the third and final piece of advice I wish I had gotten would be Do NOT date within the community (especially if you’re moving up the ranks) to be able to remain objective and impartial to any and all decisions you make

Awards