KSI xKamikaze

Once KSI Always KSI.

34 posts in this topic

I would like to get some opinions on how the community feels about people who have left KSI. Would you still stay friends or would you stop talking to them just because there life’s got a little to busy?

Awards

For me I will always be friends with someone unless they cut ties or are just disrespectful about myself still being in KSI I will never tell someone who left it's wrong of them I have left myself before but I cut ties with who I felt either was too busy with life or ksi or I just didn't talk but I never stop talking to people it just really depends on the person. Also BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Awards

what King said, unless they completely deserve to be cut off, then it’s life as usual, just coz they’ve changed their name doesn’t mean they’ve changed themselves ☺️ 

Awards

I have no friends, sorry

19 hours ago, KSI xKamikaze said:

I would like to get some opinions on how the community feels about people who have left KSI. Would you still stay friends or would you stop talking to them just because there life’s got a little to busy?

However on a serious note, if they are still on xbox and have left the community fair play to them. If they have left because they are too busy, and yet still play xbox and hang around the people people - why did they really leave? Hanging out as a Sgt / Cpl is perfectly fine.

Awards

@Scotland The Pressure that is put on you is sometimes to much with my experience. That’s all that is talked about. Some members have to leave to get out of the situation. There is nothing wrong at all with being a CPL/SGT.

Awards

I’m replying to this because it’s super relevant to my situation at the moment (:

i just had to step down recently because I was in the process of moving houses and working full time. Before we moved there was a period where I was still able to play online but I wasn’t playing with a lot of the community. Why?

-  I felt I couldn’t handle all of my KSI duties at the time. Mentally and physically I was drained from real life.

-I knew that if I played with my Samurai Savages I’d stay up too late and not be able to make it to work on time. 

And those are just two main reasons, but I feel like people don’t hang around because of personal things maybe going on in their lives. 

Hope this helped! 

-LeedleLeedleLeeeeeee

p.s. Hey @KSI xKing 77, you know what’s even funnier than 24?

Awards

The way i see it no matter what if I see you as a friend and I like talking to you then im gonna keep you as a friend. That being said. I understand the stress of getting too busy. I feel like the way ksi works makes it hard on people who have more important things going on in their lives to move up and show leadership. Myself being included. This allows those who have more free time and posess little or no leadership quality to move up and thats how a squad or even a division get tainted and starts to die off. I feel that there should be less reqhirements of leadership so that a good leader could run a squad or division and make this comunity more involving. 

Awards

Do I cut ties? No. But, it does depend on what kind of a friend you were to me while you were in KSI. Where you an absent barely there member? Or one of the biggest influences and closest confidantes? 

I will use you Kamikaze as an example. You will always be my friend and KSI has nothing to do with it other than it helped us meet. I respect you and will always do my best to maintain a friendship with you. 

Speaking from the perspective of the person leaving the community, most people will not be your friends like you thought they were. Sadly, they can't prioritize you into their schedules. I always kept pride in KSI while I was gone. I still had respect for the effort and time people put into this community. 

Awards

Being someone that has left for personal reasons before. I never delete/stop talking my friends. It might be hard to constantly be talking to them because they aren’t hanging out with there former squad but I usually am able to check in on them a few times a month and see what’s up with them. KSI is about making friends and just having fun. Friends are supposed to be bonds that last and to throw it away for leaving something is dumb

Awards

Thank You Everyone for your responses so for. Let’s keep them coming. I totally agreed with the leaving friendships for no reason is dumb. Everyone with a legit reason will be respected.

Awards

You will always be my friend Kamikaze.

We've know each other for a while and even when you weren't in the community you supported me and were there. I cannot express how much I appreciate you and what you've done to help me in my career, You've always be there if I needed someone to talk to, or needed help with something

You are a wonderful person, and I Thank you for what you've done for myself, and the community.

Keep in contact with me My Friend

(Was going to be a Boat and a couple of waves, but it didn't work Kam. But you understand what it means.)

If anyone leaves without Drama, I would love to still talk with them. They're my friend, just because they are not in the Community doesn't mean they can't talk with us anymore :) I hope anyone who leaves can still talk to their friends!

Awards

As a 1CPT the time spent interacting with people is considerable, be it squad members, possible recruits, or higher ups. Making time fro people not in KSI is hard because so much of my time online  is spent dealing with  KSI stuff.

So philosophically, friends are friends whether they are in KSI or not and I would not cut them off because they left KSI, but realistically the amount of time I would spent with people outside KSI is very small so even if I did't mean to cut them off, it might have the same effect.

Awards

1 hour ago, barb130 said:

As a 1CPT the time spent interacting with people is considerable, be it squad members, possible recruits, or higher ups. Making time fro people not in KSI is hard because so much of my time online  is spent dealing with  KSI stuff.

So philosophically, friends are friends whether they are in KSI or not and I would not cut them off because they left KSI, but realistically the amount of time I would spent with people outside KSI is very small so even if I did't mean to cut them off, it might have the same effect.

Understand that completely for a officer or above. KSI has more CPL’s in the community then any other rank. Thank You for your feedback.

Awards

If me and the person were friends then them leaving KSI wouldn't effect that at all, but if I only see them because they were in KSI that might possibly be a different story, it all depends.

Awards

I say Once KSI Always KSI to those who have made a impact on the community. Not everyone can put in 110% forever. There are many members that have inspired me and showed me a different way to approach things that I’ve even used in Society. 

Awards

Was a part of clan ops back at the beginning of 2012. Made a lot of friends within the clan. Once I left back in 2015 I did notice a drop in communication between everyone. I was a pretty vocal guy myself. I didn't leave because of hassle with the community, I had just lost my drive to be in the clan. I was actually a sgt for nearly the whole 3 years (sometimes referred to as a super sergeant as a joke amongst friends) but leaving the clan seemed to have quite a large affect on my friends list. as of now I have 3 ksi tags on my friends list. they are all retired as well. But when it comes to the other 60 I used to have when I was in the group, theyre all gone.

Of course no one told them to delete me (I hope not at least :( ), but I myself used to delete people who weren't part of the clan to make room for more ksi tags. Its a lot harder keeping up with old ksi members when they change their name and interact less with the clan. If you think about it, every week theres a meeting. so youre guaranteed at least one night playing with a whole squad. Then factor in HH team nights, game nights, or any other activity the squad officers might hold. Take that time away and a lot of people never really hung out with each other.

Awards

On 9/12/2018 at 6:52 PM, KSI xKamikaze said:

@Scotland The Pressure that is put on you is sometimes to much with my experience. That’s all that is talked about. Some members have to leave to get out of the situation. There is nothing wrong at all with being a CPL/SGT.

I would disagree 100%.

KSI doesn’t “pressure” anyone. And that’s DEFINITELY not all that’s talked about. You get out of the community what you want to get out of the community. If you accept an officer promotion, that’s you agreeing to uphold the responsibilities. That’s you saying “Yes, I will do these things and yes, hold me accountable.” No one is forcing you. That’s literally all on you. If you can’t handle that time or commitment level for whatever reason, stepping down is an easy conversation to have. Simple. Being an active Corporal or Sergeant is an awesome thing. 

What doesn’t make sense is when members choose to leave the community completely but STILL maintain a high activity level with its members and on the forums. That is completely contradictive to the idea that “KSI is pressuring me too much”. That’s not what KSI is about. ;) 

The friendship thing is all personal choice. You wanna stay friends with someone, totally up to you. For me, because I’m so invested in this amazing community and its members, it’s extremely difficult to maintain relationship with gamers outside KSI. My KSI family is why I’m here. And they’ll always come first. 

Awards

I think the word is "expectations". Kamikaze was a really big staple in DW. He put in a lot of time and a whole lot of effort. There are really few people who dedicate themselves as he did.

Not every member is exemplary, not every person becomes a leader. Some exude leadership and pass it on and create a circle to tight that when they step down, everyone still sees them as a figurehead even though they no longer hold the rank. 

Awards

2 hours ago, KSI xKamikaze said:

@December 77 Well bro to this day I feel the Pressure and I’m not even in the community. I’m not talking about the officer spot.

I get what you’re trying to say man, however illogical it may be. As a member of Clan Ops, Department Ops and Web Ops, I can definitely tell you that KSI doesn’t “pressure” members. All positions are voluntary, whether officer or department or whatever. 

Now when a member gets involved then steps back or goes MIA WITHOUT stepping down...yeah. There will be conversations. That’s not pressuring. That’s asking the member to simply do what they agreed to do lol. If it’s not a fit, all they have to say is “Hey, this isn’t a fit. I’m gonna have to step down.” Easy. Simple. Uncomplicated. 

Side note. There’s no way you can be feeling pressure, ESPECIALLY if you’re outside the community. Clan Ops, Department Ops and Web Ops are comprised of members. Besides the fact that it would be impossible to be involved as a non-member, none of these would even pursue someone who didn’t have the dedication or desire to at least stay in the community. 

Awards

You just don’t understand and it’s ok. You will have your Opinion and I will have mine.   One day you might just look back at this conversation. I’m still impacting the community in a very positive way. You don’t have to be apart of the community to have a influence on it. DW has respect and dedication for all one has done. Look where DW is now! Like my bio says Sir, One day I might return. Have a great night man. Man I feel like I just had a talk with my Son.

Awards

1 hour ago, KSI xKamikaze said:

You just don’t understand and it’s ok. You will have your Opinion and I will have mine.   One day you might just look back at this conversation. I’m still impacting the community in a very positive way. You don’t have to be apart of the community to have a influence on it. DW has respect and dedication for all one has done. Look where DW is now! Like my bio says Sir, One day I might return. Have a great night man. Man I feel like I just had a talk with my Son.

Awww. The condescension is cute. Love it. ;) All I gotta say is your son sounds like a wise man, lol. 

As far as not understanding goes, yeah. That’s the thing with misconceptions. They’re often difficult to understand. The assumption that you still have an influence on the community as a non-member is rather interesting, I gotta say. We in KSI tend to BE the influencers ourselves. Aren’t really swayed from the outside, ya know? 

But you’re definitely right about one thing. DW has become a powerhouse. The contributions of its recent and current leadership, plus its active and dedicated members. I’m sure DW’s members will continues to make it one of the best divisions to date. 

I definitely hope you end up rejoining one day so you can be a part of it. 

Awards