KSI xKamikaze

Once KSI Always KSI.

34 posts in this topic

I was gonna originally post that there is pressure when accepting an officer role. But when I think about it I received pressure from the day I recruited. I was told to get my name changed to ksi as soon as I could. Sounds nice at first,  as if its your choice when youre gonna change your name. But for a lot of people it turns into the thought that you HAVE to change your name. So its no longer an option whether to change it or not. Its now WHEN are you gonna do it. Not only that, but if you join into the clan to experience a type of structured gaming, then you want to go through the ranks. But in order to do that you are required to spend money and change your name. After you do youre then wanted to rct people. Which when I did change my name I was told its my job to recruit  people. So now, from wanting to just join a community for fun, I felt pressured to use 10 dollars to change my name and then made to recruit people. Now this isn't the case for every squad or even every division. But to say there isn't any pressure is just childish. Because if no one was even slightly pushed to change their name and recruit, what would happen to the numbers in KSI? 

 

They'd become stagnant. No more squad splits, no more division splits. Ranking up wouldn't be a thing since no one would rct others and become an officer, then there wouldn't be anyone to promote after training rct's. 

 

Yes you accept the responsibilities of an officer. But in my experience in the squads I was a part of there was a lot of pressuring to rct rct rct. Train train train. Which pissed me off because I thought our motto was "Quality over quantity". I had heard the phrase enough to think it was actually what we aimed for. But when I became a Lt I was told to train anyone on the rct tag. No matter if they just got recruited or not. Don't know how it is now but we used to have to let them sit on the tag for a period of time before training. But cpt's and our gen would tell us to just train em right away. They were pushing for numbers and that's all they cared about. I understand accepting the responsibilities, but when you are in a squad that's very intense and doesn't exactly abide by the rules. Leaving is the easier thing to do than getting a transfer. 

 

Again guys, this was just my experience. 

So just to sum up my opinion. "once ksi always ksi" never seemed to be a thing for me. Its completely up to the people you were surrounded with in your squad. Everyones different, every squad is, every div is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

12 minutes ago, Mr Bear said:

I was gonna originally post that there is pressure when accepting an officer role. But when I think about it I received pressure from the day I recruited. I was told to get my name changed to ksi as soon as I could. Sounds nice at first,  as if its your choice when youre gonna change your name. But for a lot of people it turns into the thought that you HAVE to change your name. So its no longer an option whether to change it or not. Its now WHEN are you gonna do it. Not only that, but if you join into the clan to experience a type of structured gaming, then you want to go through the ranks. But in order to do that you are required to spend money and change your name. After you do youre then wanted to rct people. Which when I did change my name I was told its my job to recruit  people. So now, from wanting to just join a community for fun, I felt pressured to use 10 dollars to change my name and then made to recruit people. Now this isn't the case for every squad or even every division. But to say there isn't any pressure is just childish. Because if no one was even slightly pushed to change their name and recruit, what would happen to the numbers in KSI? 

 

They'd become stagnant. No more squad splits, no more division splits. Ranking up wouldn't be a thing since no one would rct others and become an officer, then there wouldn't be anyone to promote after training rct's. 

 

Yes you accept the responsibilities of an officer. But in my experience in the squads I was a part of there was a lot of pressuring to rct rct rct. Train train train. Which pissed me off because I thought our motto was "Quality over quantity". I had heard the phrase enough to think it was actually what we aimed for. But when I became a Lt I was told to train anyone on the rct tag. No matter if they just got recruited or not. Don't know how it is now but we used to have to let them sit on the tag for a period of time before training. But cpt's and our gen would tell us to just train em right away. They were pushing for numbers and that's all they cared about. I understand accepting the responsibilities, but when you are in a squad that's very intense and doesn't exactly abide by the rules. Leaving is the easier thing to do than getting a transfer. 

 

Again guys, this was just my experience. 

So just to sum up my opinion. "once ksi always ksi" never seemed to be a thing for me. Its completely up to the people you were surrounded with in your squad. Everyones different, every squad is, every div is. 

Sounds like your squad was very unique to say the least. 

There’s a vast difference between “pressuring someone to recruit” and “encouraging someone to recruit”. KSI is made up of TONS of Corporals who have no intention of adding the prefix. And that’s fine. It sounds like you may just be uncomfortable dealing with not fitting in, in that regard? And I get it. People want to feel they belong. People wanna be part of the group. But here’s the thing. Corporals can still participate in any gamenight. In any competition. In any community event. You just have to decide if you’re ok not having the prefix. 

You talk about the $10 like it’s some big fee you HAVE to pay for something that should be free in the first place. That makes absolutely no sense. $60 a year minimum on Gold. $60 on average per game. The cost of an Xbox. The cost of a headset. The cost of dlc’s. $10 is a drop in the bucket when compared to the amount of money gamers tend to spend. The cost of a name change is a non-issue. 

Being an officer means accepting the responsibilities of assisting your squad in its growth. And yes, a big part of that is recruiting. That’s what you sign up for. It’s a marvelous opportunity. If it’s not a fit for you, hey. Be an active sergeant! Or a corporal! Do whatever the heck you want. Participate in gamenights. Compete in Weekend Warfare. No one has the right to “make” you do anything. That’s not what KSI is about. And if that’s what your squad/division was about, then I’m sorry. That’s not ok. I hope your current and future experiences are better in that regard.

It should always be quality over quantity. Any leader will tell you that. From a logistics standpoint - it’s pointless to recruit fluff. Why do it. And also from a morale standpoint - why would you want to build a squad with inactive members? Immature and irresponsible. As an officer and sometimes even as a sergeant or corporal, you have the awesome opportunity to shape your squad by being picky on who you recruit. YOU make the dynamic. YOU as members choose who to bring into the fold. 

At the end of the day, just stand up for yourself. If you don’t wanna change your gamertag, don’t do it. If you wanna rank up as an officer, go for it. If you wanna learn a ton about KSI and get involved in every way possible, freaking come talk to me and I’ll tell you EXACTLY how. If you want to leave the community and still spend hours haunting the forums and talking about how you’re still “influencing” KSI, be my guest. Just understand that this community IS its members. We are the influence. We are the lifeblood. The people that are making a difference and forming the lasting relationships are the corporals and sergeants and officers and leadership. You get what you want to get out of KSI. If you’re unhappy where you are, or you think something is unfair or needs to change, the open door policy is always there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

As I stated at the end there, I said that was my experience. As in the division I was a part of, FI. We were in fact pressured into recruiting. And as I explained, the training process was half assed to say the least. I joined Fi  a few months after it had split from a different division. Of course there was a need to recruit since it was  fresh and no one wanted to see a merge happen just as soon as a split did. And its ignorant to say the fee for a name change is something to scoff at. There was a minimum age requirement of 15 to join. idk how many 15 year olds you knew that paid for their console, their headset, their games, and anything else they may of needed to play at all. 90 percent of the time it was the parents buying all those things. Now, add on the convo with your parents asking them to take you to the store to purchase Microsoft points. "well why do you need that? you already have the game" well I want to buy something on the game "well what do you wanna buy" now add in either a complete lie or tell them the truth that you want to change your name. The latter option opens the question "why do you need to do that" idk I feel like it. In the end they don't see the point to it and just say no. or they ask more questions. 

 

I didn't want to write a lot again but youre pov is very narrow minded imo. Assuming people can just pay for a name change really pisses me off. Pretending its not a big fee just means youre not taking into account people who barely can keep up their month to month gold. Because they cant afford that 60 dollar card. Unless they go silver for a while and then buy a 60 after a while. im just gonna stop lol. This shouldn't even be an argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

22 minutes ago, Mr Bear said:

As I stated at the end there, I said that was my experience. As in the division I was a part of, FI. We were in fact pressured into recruiting. And as I explained, the training process was half assed to say the least. I joined Fi  a few months after it had split from a different division. Of course there was a need to recruit since it was  fresh and no one wanted to see a merge happen just as soon as a split did. And its ignorant to say the fee for a name change is something to scoff at. There was a minimum age requirement of 15 to join. idk how many 15 year olds you knew that paid for their console, their headset, their games, and anything else they may of needed to play at all. 90 percent of the time it was the parents buying all those things. Now, add on the convo with your parents asking them to take you to the store to purchase Microsoft points. "well why do you need that? you already have the game" well I want to buy something on the game "well what do you wanna buy" now add in either a complete lie or tell them the truth that you want to change your name. The latter option opens the question "why do you need to do that" idk I feel like it. In the end they don't see the point to it and just say no. or they ask more questions. 

 

I didn't want to write a lot again but youre pov is very narrow minded imo. Assuming people can just pay for a name change really pisses me off. Pretending its not a big fee just means youre not taking into account people who barely can keep up their month to month gold. Because they cant afford that 60 dollar card. Unless they go silver for a while and then buy a 60 after a while. im just gonna stop lol. This shouldn't even be an argument.

So you’re saying there was a need to recruit but that it wasn’t something you were willing to do? I’m confused. Are you saying your div’s stance on recruiting wasn’t something you agreed with?

I doubt many 15 year olds pay for much of that at all! If anything, wouldn’t that mean they should be more able to afford $10 themselves? If they’re not the one paying for everything else? Unless we’re talking about the 15 year old’s who just don’t want to get a job. That’s a completely separate matter lol. But honestly, KSI’s average member age is definitelyyyyyy above 15.

Far as I knew there wasn’t an argument going on haha. No need to bristle, my dude. Debate is good for the soul. So are differences of opinion. I appreciate your willingness to share your opinion. Wish more people took the time to do that. 

18 minutes ago, KSI xKamikaze said:

Just know that there are people that understand what you are saying. Some people don’t think about the whole picture. 

 

Assuming someone isn’t thinking about the whole picture is in fact a pretty narrow minded statement. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

narrow-minded. adjective. If you describe someone as narrow-minded, you are criticizing them because they are unwilling to consider new ideas or other people's opinions. Hmmm.

 

This was not the point of this topic so I will let this rest. Thank You Everyone for your responses. Stay awesome KSI. I will just do me and enjoy my day. Deuces.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

8 minutes ago, KSI xKamikaze said:

narrow-minded. adjective. If you describe someone as narrow-minded, you are criticizing them because they are unwilling to consider new ideas or other people's opinions. Hmmm.

 

This was not the point of this topic so I will let this rest. Thank You Everyone for your responses. Stay awesome KSI. I will just do me and enjoy my day. Deuces.

Criticizing someone for “not considering the whole picture” is practically synonymous for criticizing them for “being unwilling to consider new ideas”. So thanks for proving that point, good sir. 

KSI will definitely being staying awesome, my dude. Awesome members = an awesome gaming community. <3

Rejoin Section is always open! @KSI xKamikaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Yah man idk. Sometimes people just aren't able to see the full picture. We all use our own past experiences as a fuel for our opinions. So if someone had it easier in a squad that didn't have cpt's breathing down their necks to rct when you shouldn't feel pressured, then it would be easy for them to have the mindset of accepting responsibilities as just accepting responsibilities. I accepted the responsibility to try and recruit, what I didn't accept was to receive backlash if I didn't get a recruit every other day while my officers did nothing. Of course theres a need to recruit, but there shouldn't be a situation where you feel that if you didn't youre considered a useless member. I hope no one has to go through that in this time of KSI, but I did. I was friends with a lot of people, I was known as a sgt for a long time. What I wasn't know for was being pulled into parties and gave a *****ing to from certain people. 

 

Once ksi always ksi? Doesn't happen very often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

While the content of this was productive and great, the tone has been lowered far too far.

Im closing it up now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.