December 77

DISCUSSION OF THE MONTH: Squad Types

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

9 posts in this topic

DISCUSSION OF THE MONTH:

Types of Squads

Every month Performance Operations would like to hear from members of the community, as well as leaders, about their opinions surrounding a certain aspect of KSI. The hope is that we can have some meaningful discussions as well as some enlightenment, and possibly some reflections on how we operate as a community. As always Code of Conduct applies, be respectful of the opinions of others, and be open to new ways of thinking. We all come from different backgrounds in life as well as have developed different levels of experience within KSI. Some of us have been here for years, others only weeks, but all voices are valid. This topic will remain open for 1 months’ time before it is closed and a new discussion is started, however these topics will not be archived, but instead used as a reference point in the future.

This month we will be discussing different types of squads. Currently, our divisions are comprised of either three, four or five squads each. Every one of these squads has a specific "type". This means they are either a Single-game squad, a Split-game squad or an Open-game squad. 

• Single-game squads are built around one main game. Gamenights are hosted on this game the majority of the time. Recruiting new members who play this game more than others is highly encouraged, or in some cases, even mandatory.
  • Split-game squads have a member base that is centered around one or more games. Often there is a "primary game" that most members play and a "secondary game" that a smaller amount of members play. Gamenights will alternate between both games and recruiting is usually encouraged off of either game.
  • Open-game squads are not focused around any single game or games. They frequently host gamenights on different games throughout the week. These types of squads recruit new members regardless of what games those new members predominately play. 

So we would like to hear about where you stand. What is your opinion about KSI's types of squads? What kind of squads are in your division? Is there a certain type of squad you think is best or usually more successful than another? Is there a new type of squad that hasn't been included but that could be an alternative to the three listed above?

You may answer this topic anyway you like, however I do request that everyone please include your current rank and amount of time in KSI, to be used a reference point!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gamertag:
Time in KSI:
Opinion:

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Majesty 
Time in KSI: 3 months
Opinion: I believe all squads should be open to all games, that why everyone feels welcome in every squad. I do understand the reasons for having one or two games but I prefer all games!

Awards

Gamertag:KSI FadeZ 7
Time in KSI:about 3 years on and off since 2012.
Opinion: personally when I had left the last time one of the things that had convinced me to rejoin was that we changed to open squad types. I liked that I was not forced to play or recruit on a single game and had the option to pull in everyone everywhere. However now o strongly perfer the 2 game type option that at least my division does where each squad has a primary game type and a secondary. The reason for that is from my point of view with the open game types it creates scenarios where KSI billybob got recruited on a specific game that only 1 person plays and then they feel left out because they don't have the games that majority of the squad is playing. I feel with the set game types it avoids that mostly as the members are gonna have one of the two game types. I feel it keeps everyone more united and included to be that way. So overall while I like the freedom of open game type, I perfer the 2 type approach because it's more organized and keeps everyone together more.

Awards

SGamertag: KSIDntAskImAwfl 
Time in KSI:8 months 
Opinion:

I found this to be a informative read and very much appreciate this topic as I learned a lot from it.  My oppinion would be "if it's not broke don't fix it". I can see how the system that is set up is extremely useful because of recruiting purposes and fitting new members into the squad that fits them the most. 

I do have one recommendation. I believe that if there was a workshop within each division that broke down and explained each squad type in that division and there primary and secondary games to new members the divisions would not seem so disjointed. Included in this workshop could also be the officer staff of each division. So basically an intro to your division's squads 101 workshop. This might encourage members to seek out other squad gamenights  when they are just not in the mood for their squads type. Which,  if we cut down on members lagtime from KSI interaction we might cut down on fluff within our squads.  It also could build unity within weaker divisions and open the floor to addressing the subject of loyalty to your own squad and not taking from others. 

Awards

KSI VENUM 7

CoFounder

14 Months

I believe that squads should be open type just for the fact of KSI is so diverse when it comes to playing games. The big 4 COD, Siege, Halo, Destiny but there are so many others that the members play. So to tie members down to one or two specific squad games is crazy in my opinion.

Awards

KSI xKamikaze

SGT

Almost 2 years

Opinion: All squads should be open Game type. Sending to recruit that you’re getting along with and relating to is just a bad option in my opinion. It’s happened many times in my experience.

Awards

Ksi bubbakat

Gen

On and off 2 years

I think open sqauds are a great thing cause recuiting for one game is hard and more people join having open sqauds cause then they dont have to play just one game for game nights.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Grifful
Time in KSI: 3 months
Opinion: I is my personal opinion that a squad can be most successful at a split squad type. For starters, games come out all the time and member bases change per game. Its important to keep up with the times to give the squad the best chance at retaining and growing its member base. With a split squad type, no member is forced to play a certain game and have the liberty to switch in between. CoD is obviously the most easiest game to recruit and host events on, but other games can be more fun and bring a higher satisfaction the member base of the squad.

Awards

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead