December 77

So You Think You Can Write - November 2018

Topic will be automatically locked at 04:59 AM

16 posts in this topic

SYTYCW-817x320.png

So You Think You Can Write - November 2018

Topic:

KSI Reflections - 2018

Think over the past year you've spent in KSI - or less, depending - and answer November's three SYTYCW questions. Be as detailed as possible! Everyone is encouraged to participate, but only member submissions will be counted. :)

This topic will close November 27th @ 11:59pm EST. Remember! Submissions earn points for your division in the 2018 Divisional Cup!

-   -   -

1. What has been the most impactful moment in your KSI career in 2018? 

2. What is something you've learned from this community (this past year) that you use or apply in real life?

3. Who is the one KSI peer or mentor who has influenced you most in 2018 and why?

-   -   -

Awards

• When I was told by KSI VALI in Rapture Divine Reign and by the DIvision Leader KSI EXODUS 7 that they really believed in me as a leader and a valuable member in KSI back in 2013.

2. What is something you've learned from this community (this past year) that you use or apply in real life?

• Its better to observe first than just jumping to conclusions there is always 2 sides to every story.

3. Who is the one KSI peer or mentor who has influenced you most in 2018 and why?

• KSI Ch4tyK4thy she has been a huge encouragement to me as a member because I had felt very alone since I rejoined no one I could turn to or ask for comfort when things are hard she understands me and my perspective, she also helps me see things in a different light so i can learn and grow. I very much appreciate her and everything she has done for me.

Awards

I would say the most impactful moment of the year would have to of been from last month, where I was made founder of a brand new division called Sovereign Legacy. It's special to me because I was trusted by those in charge to be able to run things and have confidence in me to do it right and be successful. Its something I will never likely forget and is definitely the most impactful. The only other thing coming close is either winning Productions OTY or making Department Head of Productions.

The one important thing I have learned in this community especially in the last year is both Conflict Resolution and Identifying Issues while making the Tough but necessary Choices. These coincide with my real life job as a manager so using the experiences I earn in one helps me out a lot for the other and vice versa. 

Anyone that knows me , knows that I have very few mentors. One that fits the bill for this question would undoubtedbly be KSI Ronin 77. Ronin has been there for me since I got recruited into KSI and is probably the best example for me as a Leader within this community. Every idea, thought or hint of something different and productive I would want to try or utilize I know he will give me an honest response and either support it with additional ideas or let me know its a bad idea and examples of why it would be. Albeit he has never really outright told me no don't do that he instead will find a way to revamp it to make it work properly. Appreciate the Assist Moe @Mr. North Forward

Awards

1. What has been the most impactful moment in your KSI career in 2018? 

Probably when I was made General over Imperial. It really solidified all of the hard work and time I put into my squad to make it what it is today.  

It would definitely have to be professionalism, keeping that calm cool edge that makes a Leader respectable. I recently just left the US Army. In my time in the Army it was expected to get mad and show it when disciplining someone, but KSI has showed me to keep that cool calm edge when things get tough. That is something I have used in every day real life. 

KSI Skarxz 77 has probably been my most trusted mentor during this year. Even though we have not known each other long. He has shown me to keep my cool and not cuss people out when things get extreme. I would say Skarxz because when we merged divisions recently, he took it serious and establish clear goals that my squad must fulfill. 

Awards

Watching DL div grow into the power house I knew they could be and taking home the Div of the Month, as well as splitting a squad.

Conflict Resolution and Identifying Issues while making tough but necessary decisions for the Division and with the individuals I work with at my job.

KSI TexAngel 7 is a great Mentor. Tex has helped me to become a Better Div Leader then I thought was possible. Tex has showed me to look at things differently and make better decisions for my self and the Division that I help to run. Tex has been a great support for myself and Division.

Awards

1. What has been the most impactful moment in your KSI career in 2018?  Probably when I was made General over Vanquish. I came over to WD to help out and make vanquish a great squad so far its a power house squad with alot of great people in it..

2. What is something you've learned from this community (this past year) that you use or apply in real life? Its better to observe first than just jumping to conclusions there is always 2 sides to every story.

3. Who is the one KSI peer or mentor who has influenced you most in 2018 and why? KSI Ronin 77 He came over to DR around oct or nov of 2017 He trained me into the leader and gen i am today he worked super hard daily to make sure i was getting mentor the right way and made sure i was ready for my spot as a general Jan 2018 LW and DR Merged and made DW. He help out eveyone but he made sure i was still going on the right track in KSI i am proud i had KSI Ronin 77 as a mentor.

Awards

1. What has been the most impactful moment in your KSI career in 2018? When I made captain in Vanquish WD

2. What is something you've learned from this community (this past year) that you use or apply in real life?how to try to solve altercations 

KSI Skychild has been the best mentor I've had since I joined in January 

When I first was promoted to a ssgt 

I was rough around the edges 

He molded me into a good officer

Awards

Ok, I know this may seem like nothing but it truly has helped me through many tough moments in KSI. In May of this year I was barely finding my footing and getting to know clan ops and forums. I happened upon someone over and over in forums that seemed to be helping and doing all the right stuff. I decided to send them a thank you message for all the hard work they were doing and let them know it didn't go unnoticed. He shot me a message back with what would turn out to be the most profound statement. Just every once in awhile when someone or something gets me down his words come back to impact me in a very positive and strength giving way. 

"I truly appreciate it and I am glad you found a home here, during your time rememer that there may be a few ugly ducklings along the way bit this is a 2000 plus person community, don't ever be discouraged by a hand full of people."

Ok, this is going to sound harsh at first but stick with me. Number one thing I learned was that absolutely no one has all there life together. I am a very shy type person with very little confidence. I was incredibly afraid to step out and do anything because I felt I would never have all my junk together like others did. Gradually I learned that all these members that seemed to have it all together so well, they have their problems too. Absolutely non of us is perfect or have the perfect life. Realizing this really helped me to start participating more and doing some of the things I really enjoy, instead of sitting back in fear of messing up. I didn't have to wait till I got all my junk together, wow, who knew. Sometimes in KSI, because we do get to see the great side of people we forget that they have problems also. They struggle with insecurities just like we do. This has helped me a lot in RL because it really makes me stop concentrating on all the stuff people manage to keep together so that they look good and I see them as real people with real needs too. 

KSIxROMEO 7 by a long shot. From the moment he sent me a recruit message in the tower of D1 to my becoming a 3CPT he has been there every step of the way this year. He trains me and has taught me incredible things, but he also cares so much more. For example: when I was overseas in the Marines I went through a really horrific incident that lasted for 2 weeks. It ended with a 6 month hospitalization and having to say goodbye to my Marine Corp career.  The anniversary date of this is right at Thanksgiving. When I told Romeo about it, warning him that this time of year has a major affect on me and maybe I should step away from KSI so that I didn't bring anyone down,  his reply was, havent we always been there for you in the past what makes you think we wouldn't be here for you  now. I couldn't believe he said that. It touched me so much. And I do need to give a shout out to Venom for always being there for me. Absolute amazing officer, KSIxROMEO 7, and an amazing squad, Venom.

Thank you for such a great opportunity to look back on 2018.

Awards

I would have to say being apart of a department on the forums. So being apart of aap. And growing with my squad getting to know each and everyone of them.

People skills. 

I would have to say KSI Badkitty. Why because she like super woman she makes sure everything is running smoothly. Swoops down when needed taking care of things. Nice and caring until she needs too put her foot down. 

Awards

The most impactful moment in my KSI career is when I made the decision to transfer divisions. I had been dealing with some issues within the division, how it was being run, and my voice wasn't being heard. After being torn between staying in the division and trying to change it for the good or transferring divisions and starting all over, I decided that it was best to just move on. Deciding when it was time to finally move on and to transfer divisions has greatly influenced my KSI career and where I stand today.

I've learned to improve my people skills as well as handle difficult situations. I used to be very shy when I first joined this community (people that know me would think I'm joking), and I wouldn't speak up unless in smaller parties. I was the same way in real life; shy, quiet, and more of a listener than a talker. I feel that being part of this community, and taking on a larger roll within KSI (department and clan -ops), has helped break me out of my shell.

Honestly, he probably doesn't know it but KSI Gambit 7 has influenced me most this year. He knew me very well, and was the first one to know when I was unhappy about something. He was there when I was having issues in my previous division, and suggested that I transfer because he wanted me to be happy. Don't stay somewhere where you're going to work hard only to make someone else happy. Stay in a division, or do something, that is going to make yourself happy. Your happiness is most important.

Awards

1. What has been the most impactful moment in your KSI career in 2018? When i became gen of NEMESIS i was given the chance to meet the goal i set for myself when i joined in February of doing a sqaud spilt n having the opportunity to bring back my home sqaud.

2. What is something you've learned from this community (this past year) that you use or apply in real life? How to handle situations better even better then before

3. Who is the one KSI peer or mentor who has influenced you most in 2018 and why? KSIfiremomma7 is the one who mentored me the most over the last few months to make sure i was trained correctly n ready to complete my goal i set for myself

Awards

Having to step down as an officer and working my way back up. It was amazing to see how much more information you recieve as an officer and how much more of an impact you can have in your squad. Its amazing to see how much information you are responsible for passing along as an officer. After being an officer for such a long time, you dont realize how important your role is until you drop down the ranks and spend some time as a SGT again.

Time management is a HUGE thing you can take away and use in real life. You have to have very good time management skills in order to keep up with your duties as an officer and keep up with real life responsibilities. Time management is very useful in real life, whether for work or for school. It is a very important skill that everyone needs and that I know has helped me in real life as well.

The person who has been the most influential is firemomma. She always is there to help when you need her and can always answer any questions you may have whether they are KSI related or personal life related. She is always fun to talk to and shows you what a real leader should be.

Awards

1. What has been the most impactful moment in your KSI career in 2018? I would have to say my most impactful moment in 2018 was the journey of moving back up the ranks into the 7s path. Each time ive moved up its been a battle but with the leaders and members we have here now it seemed more rewarding. 

2. What is something you've learned from this community (this past year) that you use or apply in real life? I would have to say organization. This year ive tried to have a better set schedule for everything from gamenights to members bdays. Trying to get a little more personal so the family aspect comes to light more. In real life its setting that money schedule lol. Gotta make sure your bills and rent is paid on time

3. Who is the one KSI peer or mentor who has influenced you most in 2018 and why? That would have to be my brother KSI Akame 7, me and this man have known eachother for a few years now and when i let him know i was ready to move up again he didnt hesitate to lend me his hand and say well lets get this and make LS the titans we once were. Now me and him are the Div and Co-Div.

Awards

My most impactful moments in KSI in 2018 would have to be helping squads grow within the community. Always finding a way to get more members involved in events going on and when that failed finding a new approach.

I have learned that it is better to help others then help yourself to a whole different level and to always have a open ear and not just to pretend like your listening.

I would have to say without a doubt that it was @KSI Havoc 7 that influenced me the most in 2018. He always put new challenges on the table that made me try even harder.

Awards

1) What has been the most impactful moment in your KSI career in 2018?

I guess i'd have to say being promoted to 3LT just here recently. I honestly never thought I'd move up this far because there are so many great people in our squad. I worked really hard for it and it paid off. Im just grateful that KSI Grifful had enough faith in me to think that I could do the job.

2) What is something you've learned from this community (this past year), that you use or apply in real life?

PATIENCE. Before KSI, and before KSI Grifful and KSI SINIKON, I had very little patience. These guys taught me that everyone doesn"t have to march to the beat of my drum. All I can do is lead and be a good leader. If I do that, others will follow in time. I have to be an example instead of an instigator.

3)Who is the one KSI peer or mentor who has influenced you most in 2018 and why?

This is a close one but I'd have to say KSI Grifful. He must have seen something in me that I didnt. He helped me overcome a lot of my own personal obstacles such as patience and compromise. It used to have to be just my way. Now I understand that people may not see things as I do so I must compromise for the best of everyone involved. He's helped even though you could tell he was beat. He would help whenever regardlees of what was going on with him

Awards

This year has been a banner year for me in KSI. I finally gave in and changed my gamertag and am now Gen over a squad of 65 and growing members.

I joined KSI in March of 2017. I attended Squad meetings and the occasional Sergeants workshop but I really didn't know anyone in my squad and I don't think I could have told you who my Gen was. When KSI Lady Jenny 7 became our gen I started to learn more about KSI, mainly because I would play ESO with her . Just being around the gen ...you pick stuff up. Two gens later KSI Squeek 7 got me even more involved. I started to see some of the inner working of the squad and realized how much work it took to run and maintain a squad. I wanted to help, but I was also reluctant to change my gamertag. I had had that gamertag for about 13 years and wasn't ready  to change it.

During Spirit Week, I got involved in the Minecraft build-off and got to meet a bunch of people from the squad and the division.  I was so stoked to be able to  contribute. During that time we had a lot of time to talk and a few people said they would pay for my name change, however it wasn't about the money, it was about my identity online.

One day I was thinking about the situation and I realized that I didn't play with the people I knew from 13 years ago. I  hadn't had any contact with them in years. I realized that KSI was where I played and hung out. None of reasons I had really made any sense.  I decided that if KSI Barb130 was available I would change the gamertag. Well it was, and I did.

It turns out KSI Squeek, who was my gen, was on LOA at the time, and my Division leader, KSI GOT EM 7, pulled me into a party and immediately promoted me to SSGT, I was like "Wait, don't you mean SGT", he said, "No, you have been in KSI long enough and itching to help out. So, you are now an officer in training!"

When Squeek came back, she trained me and I was promoted to LT. Over the next few months, KSI Squeek 7 and KSI Sumb1ch (now KSI SumBody 7)  became  my mentors and really built me up and help me grow to eventually become Gen of Succubus.  Both of them have helped me to grow, see my potential, and stretch what I think I can do and encourage me to do more.

I have learned a lot in the past six months or so, but the thing that has impacted my "real life" is that I realized that organizing is one of the things I am good at. When I became an officer I recorded all the members of the squad and started to keep records about squad activities and security checks so we could see at a glance who was active and who wasn't.  I always felt I was disorganized and had to put in structure so I didn't miss anything, but this structure was actually organizing things in my squad and my life. My fellow officers taught me to embrace that and use it.

One place I use it is at a  Dog shelter I volunteer at. My job there is to greet people as they walk in and show them the dogs. My days are Friday and we don't get a lot of people coming in, so I starting cleaning out their donation closet. Most of the donations they receive are made available to other rescues. I started organizing it to make it easier for the other rescues to come in and take what they needed. Since I have started doing this we  have seen a marked increase of what the rescues take. Last year I would have considered this grunt work but I look at it differently because it is my strength

2018 will be the year that changed everything for me in KSI and I couldn't be happier.

Awards