December 77

So You Think You Can Write - December 2018

Topic will be automatically locked at 04:59 AM

4 posts in this topic

44713-christmas-music-artisteer-facebook

So You Think You Can Write - December 2018

Topic:

Christmas Song Lineup

Alright people - time to turn on the radio. Or Spotify. Or iTunes Music. Or Pandora (if you're really ancient). Whatever you needa do to get your tunes. We wanna know your favorite Christmas songs! Not just ones you like or songs you think are swell. We want the songs you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT. And we wanna know why they're so important to you. So include the name, a youtube link to the song and a detailed reason why it's in your top 5. We'll be judging submissions based on originality, creativity and whether or not you include Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas". (Don't. It's an instant disqualification.) Good luck!! Get your jingle on. :) 

This topic will close December 24th @ 11:59pm EST. Remember! Submissions earn points for your division in the 2018 Divisional Cup!

-   -   -

#1:

• Youtube link:
  • Reason:

#2:

• Youtube link:
  • Reason:

#3:

• Youtube link:
  • Reason:

#4:

• Youtube link:
  • Reason:

#5:

• Youtube link:
  • Reason:

-   -   -

Awards

#1: I Sawa Momma Kissing Santa Claus

• Youtube link: 
  • Reason: Because it reminds we of when I was younger and at my Grandparents, having fun and building snow forts.

#2: Santa Claus is Comin' To Town

• Youtube link:
  • Reason: use to help out at the local fire dept. where I lived most of my life and watching all the kids come to see Santa Claus. They would set on his lap and tell him what they wanted and det candy from him when they were done.

#3: Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

• Youtube link:
  • Reason: Favorite song to go out Christmas Shopping with my Family and enjoy some Chestnuts. Just an all around relaxing song.

#4: White Christmas

• Youtube link: 
  • Reason: Mother played this every night for 12 days to Christmas! Would put my brother and sister to sleep every time. But no one could sing this better then Bing Crosby!

#5: Silver Bells

• Youtube link: 
  • Reason: because I love this song and listen to it everyday for 24 days is the way I use to do. My grandmother had speakers outside her windows and we played records all day long in the center of town!

Awards

#1:

• Youtube link: 
  • Reason: Just all around one of my favorite just the lyrics it self makes me all warm!

#2:

• Youtube link: 
  • Reason: One of the funniest songs I can relate to because I actually ran over my grandmother when I was learning to drive :0

#3:

• Youtube link: 
  • Reason: This song just gets me turnt up plus I can play it on my electric violin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4:

• Youtube link:
  • Reason: I know this song from back to front I had to sing it every year from 6th-12th grade for our Christmas Choir and the kids in it are just adorable.

#5:

• Youtube link: 
  • Reason: And last but not least Your a Mean one Mr.Grinch! every single grinch movie that has came out I have watched even the new one that has came out this year which was horrible btw! But at the end it makes me cry because I know his heart grew 3x bigger!

Awards

#1 Where are you Christmas 

Reason: I know this isn't the most festive Christmas song but it's my fav by far. Every since the death of my son 4 years ago, every Christmas I have to go through the whole progression of this song to be able to get in the spirit and pull off Christmas for the rest of my kids. After listening to it over and over and lots of tears, it works for me. "Fill your heart with Love".

#2. I'm Gettin Nuttin For Christmas 

Reason: This is definitely a fav around my house. It's fun and we all  know each of us have possibly ended up on the nauty list with Santa because of the pranks throughout the year.

#3. Santa Baby

Reason:  Lets just say "Christmas role play". Lol

#4  Christmas Dont be Late

Reason:  one of my favs because of course, I love the chipmunks and I may be an adult but I never want Christmas to be late.

#5  I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus 

Reason: A favorite because Santa deserves a lot of kisses. Some people dont get that its daddy in a Santa suite. That's what makes the song so hilarious.  Teehee

Awards