Bookclub's Are Cool

December

Recently decided to start reading for pleasure again. Lately, between work, my other work, school and KSI, I haven't had any time to do ANYTHING non-essential. I've decided to change that this month. #readingchallenge! I'm gonna get through "Into Thin Air" by the end of April. Hardcover edition is roughly 400 pages, shouldn't be too difficult.

If you're at all interested in mountains, climbing, Alpine expeditions, or Mount Everest - JOIN ME! Reply to this topic if you're down to read it too and we can talk about it at the end of the month. 

Where to get it:

• I got my hardcover copy at 2nd & Charles for $7 (They had paperbacks for $2 as well)
  • It's $3 on AbeBook(THIS WEBSITE IS AWESOME! cheap used books)
  • It's $10 on Amazon

9780739343791.jpg

Can I make some suggestions?

1) Science fiction

2) Pick something from Project Gutenberg (free and classic!)

3) How about reading time. We could have a short story read in a party

On 3/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, Darth Airborne said:

I'm not in for this one, but will try to stay posted if you continue with this every so often. I love to read as well, just will have to see what types of books you plan on reading in the following months.

I'm honestly up for anything man! I just picked up something I'd been meaning to grab for a while. You have any suggestions?

6 hours ago, KSI Barb130 said:

Can I make some suggestions?

1) Science fiction

2) Pick something from Project Gutenberg (free and classic!)

3) How about reading time. We could have a short story read in a party

I've actually used Gutenberg in school before! Is an awesome resource for sure. I'm trying to get back to reading actual books though haha. Trying. We'll see how it goes.

I read science fiction a crap ton when I was younger. Kinda burned out on it, to be honest. But depends.

Have you ever read the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" books?

5 hours ago, December 77 said:

I'm honestly up for anything man! I just picked up something I'd been meaning to grab for a while. You have any suggestions?

I've actually used Gutenberg in school before! Is an awesome resource for sure. I'm trying to get back to reading actual books though haha. Trying. We'll see how it goes.

I read science fiction a crap ton when I was younger. Kinda burned out on it, to be honest. But depends.

Have you ever read the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" books?

I own all of the wheel of time. Love it. Been a couple years since I reread them, but they are awesome.

• December unpinned and unfeatured this topic