• Announcements

• KSI worstplayer

Division, Area Section, and Shoutbox Rules   09/11/2017

Division and Area Section Rules.
    • impyyy

2019 KSI Donor/VIP Revamp   01/28/2019

After much thought and re-work, the KSI Board is happy to announce the revamped and improved KSI VIP Donor System for 2019. Unlike the past where one donation netted someone the VIP group, now the group will reset on the 1st day of each year. Requirements In order to get re-added as a KSI VIP Donor, you will have to contribute in one of the following ways: Donate $10 to KSI's PayPal Donate at least 1000 bits to KSILive Sub to KSI for at least 2 months Once the new year begins, just donate in any of the 3 above ways and you will receive the 2019 Donor Award as well as the 2019 Donor Group. Just provide proof in the AAP area when you apply. Your donation can be made by someone else, so just have them provide you with the receipt. This only applies for PayPal donations and Subscribing. Bits must be your own. Donations can also add up, so you can contribute $5 for two months and receive it. Just keep the receipts as proof for your request and you will be given Donor access. With this revamp, we have improved the perks of donating to KSI. Because of your financial commitment, we want to reward you for believing in KSI and contributing in that way. Benefits Access to VIP Area on the forums to talk with other donors. 2019 Donor Forums award Special sneak previews of KSI News stories and community announcements Recognized on the KSI Front Page's Donor list Ability to give input on upcoming events, such as Divisional Cup, Spring Break, Spirit Week, Fall Classic, Turkey Bowl, and Award Show. Special Donor-only giveaways during the yearly KSI events A special Donors-Only Weekend Event full of FFAs and Giveaways in August. Overall We want to provide the best KSI experience for all of our members, and those who fund the websites, events, and so much more should be rewarded for contributing and believing in the community. So please enjoy this revamped system and allow us to work with you to forge a better, more inclusive KSI. Thank you, KSI Board of Directors
    • December 77

KSI Gaming   03/26/2019

KSI Gaming The 2019 Forums Update is here! And along with it came a brand new KSI Gaming area. Check it out! Everything from Anthem and Apex to Siege and SMITE. Each game subforum has General Chat Thread, an Official Update Thread and an Information Thread. Game Journalists will be keeping track of and updating these threads on a weekly basis. Whether you're looking for details on the latest patch or just wanting to share tips and tricks, there's never been an faster way to connect with other gamers in our community.  Our Gaming area is currently broken down into categories: Adventure First Person Shooters MMORPG For more information about the KSI Gaming area or to learn about becoming a Game Journalist, message any of our Web Ops staff!   Explore the full 2019 Forums Update layout here: 2019 Forums Update
    • KSI BadKitty 7

2019 Divisional Cup Kickoff!   04/01/2019

Hello, Friends!  As most of you know from last year, Divisional Cup will keep track of divisional participation throughout the year. Starting at Spring Break and ending with January's Award Show, we will be ranking divisions each month by their participation in activities, growth, and officer staff ratio to develop a competition for Division of the Year! The division with the most points at the end of each month will be named Division of the Month. As you can see on the chart above, a list of monthly events will be posted with the meeting notes and in the Div Cup area on the forums, so everyone can be aware of what will count toward points! Divisions can expect to see points counted for Weekend Warfare, Montage and Clip submissions, News Team contests, Twitch Subscriptions, Social Media activity,  and OTM/DOTM award periods in the AAP..  plus a couple of other categories weaving in and out throughout the months! Additional events will be added depending on what is happening in and around KSI for that particular month. Same as last year: KSI's large events -- Spring Break, Spirit Week, Fall Classic, and Turkey Bowl -- will count independently and figure into the overall scores, but not the monthly tallies. Different from last year: (Change is good, promise) This year Div Cup will be split into two halves. This means even if your Division doesn't start off too hot in the first half, you can always give them a good kick in the rear at the start of the second half, and finish off strong! Here is an example of how it will look, along with the standings so far. I'm sure you all remember that Divine Warrior's took home the win last year.. so as of right now, they are the Division to beat! I'm looking forward to seeing the activity and participation from all of you!    Side note: I took down the names of all the people who supported #billdabear. I'm coming for you.        
December 77

So You Think You Can Write - April 2019

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

21 posts in this topic

Forums_SYTYCW.jpg

So You Think You Can Write - April 2019

Topic: Houses of Westeros

Our first SYTYCW of the 2019 Divisional Cup has been picked to pay homage to the final season of Game of Thrones. (Premieres 4/14)

We want to know which House of Westeros is yours. Which one represents who you are and what you'd be like if you lived in the land of ice and fire. Take a moment to read about the Houses if you're unfamiliar with Game of Thrones!

Are you a descendant of one of the Great Houses (these are links!):

Or, are you descended from one of the many smaller houses spread out across Westeros. Submissions earn your division points toward the 2019 Div Cup!

This topic will close April 27th @ 11:59pm EST. Copy and paste the template below. Good luck writers! 

-   -   -

My House:

Reasons why:

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne:

Awards

My House: Stark

Reasons why: I'm not going to spoil anything for the people who are trying to catch up(my self included,finishing up season 6) but I've been rooting for them since season 1. There have obviously been so many deaths in the show,but I think I got the most emotional (like had to stop watching for a couple of days because I was so angry)due to the bloody wedding episode. Broke my heart man.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: Probably House Targaryen. Freaking dragons dude. 

Awards

My House:House Targaryen

Reasons why:    One heir known and the other a secret, they both follow a path of good and kindness throughout their plights. Both Heirs being an outcast probably is what set them up to be so empathetic to those that come across their paths.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne:

Both as they seem to care not about the blood they share as well as it being common in royalty to marry into a bloodline to not dilute it.

Awards

My House: House Targaryen

Reasons why: I've never watched Game of Thrones before. BUT, I do love Buzzfeed quizzes... and Buzzfeed quizzes are always right, ya know? My Buzzfeed results for House Targaryen say that I am a leader and know what it takes to make it. It also says I handle responsibility well and I'm the best at what I do. It got the leader and responsibility part right, lol. 

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: I'm going to guess Targaryen? I have no clue. 

Awards

My House- House Stark

Reason- Out Of all the choices here it fits me best (if I was in Westeros I’d actually probably be closer to a Bolton. I always play through the evil side of games first like in KOTOR). I do have a loyalty streak though and I like wolves so house Stark works. 

Who will win the Game of Thrones? Hot Pie. That is all.

Awards

My House: House Stark

Reasons why: I'm in the same boat, I haven't watch Game of Thrones besides from one of the season finales and a couple of clips on YouTube. Out of my time watching it, its just going to be between the House Stark and the House Targaryen. But I rather have wolves over dragons, so yeah.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: House Stark

Awards

House Greyjoy: I can think of the similarities, between us. We don't want stuff just given to us. We take what is owed to us. We are built through hardship, this improving our character. I have a bloody past.

Who I think will win the Iron throne:

Greyjoy they are the hardasses of the whole series!

Awards

Reasons why:  I'm not really into Game of Thrones... but tbh i just guessed a bit but i would say Targaryen manly bc i dont give up like ever i hope i would become a great leader!

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: tbh i dont really know beacuse im not really into game of thorones 

Awards

My House: House of Targaryen

Reasons why: Being someone who doesn’t watch Game of Thrones yet..I chose them after reading through all the houses. Dragons win! Always been a huge fan of dragons. Well these people rode dragons and got closer to them then any other men ever did. They overcome a lot of disputes regardless of the fact they were the ruling kingdom for centuries.  Their sigil of the three headed red dragon is pretty stunning as well. I just admire a house that supports themselves and uses dragons to waste the land. I think I’d be someone along the lines of a dragon rider and tamer, be a huge part in the war and lead the house to the throne.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: Daenerys Targaryen. Can you really stop her dragons? Will she be betrayed? I believe in the dragons!

Awards

Reasons why: I really admire Ned Starks standing up for the right thing even though it cost  him everything.  I want to be kind of person who doesn't back down because something in inconvienent.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: I think  Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow (I won't put his real last name to avoid spoilers)

Awards

House: Stark

Reasons: Well firstly, it's pretty close to my own last name! (Call it lazy if you want, I call it poetic). The values of the House Stark mirror the values of myself and my own family. Standing up for what's right, no matter the cost! I liken myself to Ayra Stark in her tynasity and intelligence, Ned Stark for his deep moral standing in the face of terrible odds, and Sansa Stark for her loyalty to her family. I'm also pretty good with a bow and arrow! 

Who will sit on the Iron Throne: John Snow!!! I don't think I could cope with him dying a second time round!! 

Awards

Reasons why: Im known to be very spiritual. im outdoorsy and my friends all know how good I am at sense of direction and me having the home advantage when it comes to forestry combat.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: due to the fact that mother nature and its "wild beasts" (hence wolf blood) always seem to triumph. its the way the world works. I personally do not watch the show, never had the time to. but im just trying to speak statistically.

Awards

My House: House Lannister

thumb.php?f=House_Lannister.svg&width=25

Reasons why: 

• "Fair-haired, tall, and handsome"
  • "There is no limit to Lannister pride or Lannister ambition." -Catelyn Stark

• I identify so much with the Lannisters. Their drive, their ambition, their dedication to their heritage. Tywin and Cersei are my favorites. A completely brutal father and daughter. Never wavering from their goals. Never concerned with who they had to trample on the way to achieving what they set out for.

• I think they four main Lannisters are the MOST well developed characters in the entire series. You have pure evil (Cersei and Joffrey), mostly evil but kind of cool (Tywin), a man who takes years to find his soul and realize he's not the same type of Lannister his ancestors were (Jaime), and a guy who is a complete loser in the beginning but then somehow manages to claw his way in and out of every major battle, plot line and GoT fan's heart as he secures his place as Hand to the most powerful ruler Westeros has seen in years (Tyrion).

• [I don't condone incest in any form. That **** is gross af.]

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: My girl Cersei. How would that be for an ending? The bad beech kills off everyone - Jon Snow, Daenerys, Tyrion, everyone. Clap your hands for Mr Martin. I'd cry my eyes out and throw something at me TV in sheer, raging joy.

tumblr_mqksqmFr8M1qckb0uo1_500.gif

Awards

Reasons why: Well I took the buzzed quiz and it said i was, also Daenerys is such an amazing character. She shows a great example of leadership. Plus Dragons are awesome lol

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: Daenerys hands down... Araya i wish but probably not.. i aint caught up with the show

Awards

Reasons why: because dragons are bada**

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: House Targaryen. Because dragons are bada** and will stomp out the competition. 

Edited by KSI Torch096

Awards

My House: The Lannisters

Reasons why: For, "A Lannister always pays his debts.". I am by no means the richest and far from it. But I am the most powerful... Marvel vs Capcom player... Plus as an old school Destiny player, I have an affinity for Tyrion Lannister(Peter Dinklage).

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: Khaleesi Targaryen. I mean come on... she is THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS.

Awards

Reasons why: because they use the same breed as my dog for dire wolves and they are stunning animals 

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: the dragon lady, common guys she’s just got pet dragons 

Edited by KSI WOOLY

Awards

Reasons why: So first things first I've never watched a episode of GoT but I will do this. But honestly through YouTube clips I'd honestly say I'm down with the wolves.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: Stark

Awards

My House: House Targaryen

Hatter_Sigil.jpg

Reasons why: 

• "Of Fire and Blood" This motto of the Targaryen's rings true to my inner being, especially since that is occasionally the only way to take back what is yours.
  • “Do you understand? I’m no ordinary woman. My dreams come true” – Daenerys Targaryen
  • “We both want to help people. We can only help them from a position of strength. Sometimes strength is terrible” 
  • “But when enough people make false promises words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies” – Jon Snow

The Targaryen's stand for everything I believe in. Honesty, truth, a need to free the damned. They believe in knowledge, strength, and integrity too (see what I did there lol). Yeah, some were crazy, but we're all a little mad in our own aspects. At the end of the day, being breakers of chains sounds WAY more enticing than blowing up a whole city with Greek Fire. 

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: I'm not 100% sure. I would love to believe that in the perfect world of Westeros that Jon and Daenerys could rule side by side. That will never happen though. Especially with the way they are portraying Daenerys atm. Would be our luck, Bran turns out to be the Night King, kills everyone, and rules alone.

Awards

My House: House Stark

Reasons why: 

• For any who watch Game of Thrones, you know that House Stark is, or tries to be, honorable and honest even when it has cost members of this great house. Integrity and honor may not mean much to many people anymore, but I do try to live my life with these traits holding the utmost importance in my day to day personal character.
  • Another reason I would claim House Stark is due to their motto "Winter is Coming" Although in Game of Thrones it is usually taken literally, their motto could also be taken figuratively meaning more along the lines of being prepared for the hardships in life. If you carry yourself through life recognizing that hardships will come, it is much easier to overcome them when they arrive. My time in the military and as a law enforcement officer have definitely reinforced that same value in myself. To respect that any situation, no matter how seemingly peaceful, can come to a swift end and that "winter" will eventually arrive. Hopefully without all the snow and ice zombies. You never know.
  • I have an all white German Shepherd who is my own personal Direwolf, the animal that graces the sigil of House Stark. I have been on some adventures with my trusty companion, but as of yet he has not saved my life or mauled/intimidated my enemies.

Who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne:

I hope that the Iron Throne will be taken by Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen. I think this due to the fact that it is actually his birthright, but also due to the fact that he doesn't want the power and to lead. Everyone else, including the Dragon Queen, all WANT the Iron Throne but Jon is one of the only characters that would actually rule honorably and with the intentions of doing what is best for his people.

Awards

My House: House of Stark

Reasons why: I am honest to the point of being very Blunt about things and that is sometimes the reason I get into trouble with others! Perseverance is what I do best. I have been kicked and knocked down so many times, but yet I have never given up. I will stand behind and fight for anyone that I believe as my family and it doesn't matter what it will cost me or how far away they are from me. If anyone knows me very well at all, they will say YES this is definitely KSIfiremomma7. 

who I think will finally claim the Iron Throne: It will be a fight to the end and from what I understand only one will win and I haven't figured it out for 100% but no matter what only one will hold the throne. But if I have to choose now I would say Jon is the choice person for the throne. Only time will tell!

Awards