KSI March Madness (discussion)

Prophet

While i know it is too late to do this now, i'm thinking KSI should have its own form of March Madness. Set up HeadHunters single elimination (bracket) tournament for the month of March, KSI wide. I haven't seen a Head Hunter tournament in KSI while i've been in it and something this high profile would help give HeadHunter teams something to aim for. Winners would get the title "KSI March Madness 201- Champions (game type)" (assuming we are going to add other tournaments) and maybe something else (tbd). Discuss?

If we decide to do this, we have a year to figure out the details.

Going to be epic I'm sure. Great idea NP! To make things interesting you should have a few more things going on than just shoot/win/advance.

Awards:

1) Tournament MVP (Criteria TBD by match judges)

2) "Conference" MVP (Criteria TBD by match judges)

3) Game MVP (Criteria TBD by match judges)

4) A game highlight reel for the rest of the community to feast their eyes on

5) Post tournament "Top 10 kill cams" (up to players to submit entries)

6) Best Field General (1st,2nd,3rd place | Criteria TBD by match judges)

7) Highest average K/D ratio (1st,2nd,3rd place)

8) If you want to go further in depth, aside from judges have "scribes" or "stat keepers" to total up who had the MOST .... (headshots / knife or throwing knife kills / etc... )

Vision:

The idea is to have these other accolades within the tournament to really get these guys playing hard so at the end of the tournament win or lose, even individual players could have something to come away with. Bragging rights! Whether you want it to be like that or not, when it comes to any kind of tournament, esp in cod, there's no such thing as JUST a "friendly" tourney or whatever. There's always going to be bragging rights involved. So embrace it. It gives everyone added motivation to play hard for and earn. ALSO, when it comes to "match judges" or "scribes/stat keepers" this will get MORE members involved with this event and winner will be better appreciated by the community as they're more involved.

- Maybe even allow the rest of us to spectate games per request? Spectators can use a private chat to comment on game while opposing teams use game chat (which gives match judges the chance to figure who the leaders of the field or "field generals" are and compare them). OR there can be someone sitting in on each team's private chat to observe and rate.

Scope:

I mean, if you're thinking as B I G as I'm thinking... the New's Team, Production's Crew, (if they're not too busy w/ other projects) and a few others will be involved with this. I envision this is a showcase for headhunters to show off their skills and teamwork just as college basketball players do the same during March Madness. Right now they're just a group of players who practice hard together and kick butt. But with this event in place, they'll be the pride and joy of squads as they're representing them by participating with in the tournament.

If staffing for this event is a question then simply create a topic for recruitment to fill necessary positions to make it happen. Who WOULDN'T want to be a part of this? All that would really remain are resources and ironing out scheduling conflicts (i.e. how many matches/day, use same staff per match?, breaks?, etc)

Too much? I dunno... just some things I'd personally like to see. And we really should have more tournaments and some that include "regular" members as well. This will really give ppl things to put in their sig :wink:

Thank you. I just think that since this is going to be our March Madness then it should be a BIG deal. An annual tournament to end all tournaments. Other tournaments held for regular members or HH squads should be ran as it has been (just more frequently), but this tournament should be a showcase of skills and teamwork. Something members can really boast about and be proud of. It'll raise more awareness of HH squads and surely get more members to try out for them and thereby allowing leaders to create a more prestigious and tactical squad that will be a force to be reckoned with. This will make HH squads a BIG deal to be a part of and respect given will reflect that.

Thats great! See, this is what i'm talking about when i say discuss! People have ideas that they just want people to listen to. Just gotta let them field it.

My thing would be for the awards, are you just talking titles like "mvp" or were you thinking something more tangible. I was alluding to tangible toward the end but a money investment like that may be tricky because of how many people are involved with head hunters (ie subs, captain, team)

Nothing I mentioned was about a tangible reward, although with as much effort that it would take to make this happen it would certainly be the icing on the cake so to speak. What I had in mind was having 1 or 2 topics dedicated to covering this event. In one of the threads, the bracket will be posted and underneath will be a couple more dedicated posts that will be continuously updated to reflect who was considered MVP for game 1, after "conference" game ends who was MVP for that conference, so on and so forth.

It's basically additional titles/accolades earned through playing in the tournament they can take back with them to their respective squads. Perhaps if there were to be something tangible, maybe the Graphics Team could conjure up some tags for those who earn the awards so they can wear them proudly in their sig just like the forum award system we already have in place.

• 7 months later...

Um... so wassup fellas? 4 months to go.

A few things to iron out =

- Match Judges

- Dates of battles

- Brackets

- Productions involvement?

- News Team involvement?

- GFX Team involvment?

- What game type? (MW3 / Halo Reach , BO2 / HALO4)

For this to pan out effectively getting a jump on this early would have to happen. January/Feb time frame would be the bulk of the work and assignments & dates ironed out.

We going to make this happen?

Thank you worst for moving it to the T and E area or i never would of saw this epic idea. Now my question for you guys is this thingy a real idea you guys want to roll with. I am willing to do whatever is needed, but i dnt want to be left doing it COMPLETELY so plz lemme know!

:smile:

Again great idea!

If there's going to be a March Madness, then there should be a season. I know the HHL was never implemented successfully, but i think with the HHL and the March Madness idea it would increase activity and give a chance for members to compete and get get to know each other and just game. I still have like a zillion pages on HHL rules, regs, and ideas.

Yes gazer i am gonna have the staff help with this kind of thing. Dank if ud like to help thats kool. Kered i would like to see the rules. Idk if these rules will be implemented to the fullest but id still like to see it.

If in fact something like this goes down, I don't think it should be headhunters. It should be who you want to play with, albeit KSI members, but like in my case, I'd like to play with my old friends. Especially since I'm in a HALO squad atm. We can call our teams like 'Impulse Alumni team' or if you have division members 'LB alumni team' it will let people, if they want, to create teams with upper leadership, old retired members or even people that have left but still talk to their KSI friends. Overall great idea though.

• 2 weeks later...

If in fact something like this goes down, I don't think it should be headhunters. It should be who you want to play with, albeit KSI members, but like in my case, I'd like to play with my old friends. Especially since I'm in a HALO squad atm. We can call our teams like 'Impulse Alumni team' or if you have division members 'LB alumni team' it will let people, if they want, to create teams with upper leadership, old retired members or even people that have left but still talk to their KSI friends. Overall great idea though.

I'd like to see similar tournaments ran for reg members as well, but for now since this hasn't been done yet, we should really focus on knocking this one out the park with head hunters. Using HH's to break the ice on tournaments of this nature may breed more similar tourneys later on, but that likely won't happen if this project goes belly up. If everyone is on board, we should concentrate our efforts on making this a successful tournament before jumping ahead and tackling on more than we can manage at once.

If there's going to be a March Madness, then there should be a season. I know the HHL was never implemented successfully, but i think with the HHL and the March Madness idea it would increase activity and give a chance for members to compete and get get to know each other and just game. I still have like a zillion pages on HHL rules, regs, and ideas.

I completely agree that there should be an HHL. Otherwise...what are HH's really for? I think with the March Madness idea, and possibly HHL (great idea btw) we'll breed more activity, camaraderie, leave the petty issues behind and get back to gaming. If you don't mind, I'd like to take a gander at those HHL rules & your ideas sounds like something that was overlooked or didn't receive enough support to take off.

• 2 months later...

March is just days away.  Any movement on this?  

- Possible Productions involvement?

- Possible GFX team involvement (mvp, field gen, 1st annual ___ tournament participant, other accolades etc)

- News Team notified?

- Judges lined up?

- Stat keepers locked on if going to be used?

- Teams assembled, roster made?

- Brackets made?

- Scheduling for all invovled?