I bring to you, "KSI Champions" [MUST READ]

KSI SkyArrow

So I've brainstormed an activity that I think would get members to be more forum active as well as play with eachother, other divisions, and hopefully spark up the competitive side of KSI as well.

For now, I have only been able to think of having Halo oriented squads involved in this. So, say we take a survey for people who would like to participate in the KSI Champions program. We compile our list of names (Remember, only people who are in a halo squad (Halo 4 preferably)) of the people who would like to be part of this. We mark down their division and their BPR (Battle Proficiency Rating). The BPR for Halo 4 will have to be manually calculated for now, since Waypoint does not provide Halo 4 BPR's. Don't worry though, this is a simple task that takes about 30 seconds. We should set a bar for about a BPR of 70 as a minimum to join into this. We calculate this list of BPR's, whoever is under 70 is weeded out. With our finalized list of player names along with their calculated BPR and Division, we compile a division wide team of 8 players for each division (Note that each division will need atleast 8 players for their team or they cannot participate). The team of 8 is compiled from the highest BPR to the last highest BPR.

For example:

Division one:

Player 1

BPR : 95.24

Player 2

BPR : 92.78

Player 3

BPR : 87.45

Player 4

BPR : 84.65

Player 5

BPR : 80.23

Player 6

BPR : 76.98

Player 7

BPR : 74.25

Player 8

BPR : 70.67

This is how the team would be set up. BPR's will be chosen by exact value.

For example, if there were a couple players on the finalized list of qualified player's with the same whole number BPR (For example, 75) then the player with the highest decimal would be chosen (For example, 75.89 would be chosen over the lower BPR's of 75.)

BPR is calculated in this fashion:

( [W/L] + [K/D] ) divided by 2 = R

Take R and divide that by .01934426229

This should give an almost exact measurement of BPR.

Now, the event would be set up this way. It would be done on a bi-monthly basis, or monthly... if we can afford it (We will get to that part). The first event would be assembled and completed within 2 months. After 2 months, the process is repeated. This gives people who didn't qualify for the last event a chance to try again. 2 months gives people enough time to raise their BPR. Now, the prize for the winning division team would be 800 microsoft points per player, which is why it would be done on a Bi-monthly schedule due to the costs.

The winning team with the winning players names would be displayed on the forum for all to see and perhaps a forum award could be given to the winning players.

Now, I know this sounds like a lot. However, with a well organized staff for this KSI wide event, it should be no problem to pull off. Not only would this raise forum activity (Hopefully), but it would also raise game playing with others and competitive play, which I feel is important to show the mettle of KSI.

This is just the skeleton of the idea and it will need much more C&C to be perfected, but all in due time! Please give your constructive criticism and what not. Thanks for reading! :)

Awards

I'd love to see this idea get thrown around and added upon, as well as actually implemented. If it does get launched, I'll help fund some of the prizes. :)

Awards

Send me a message on the forum at any time, or perhaps we could add each other on xbox. I'm on there a lot when I'm not at work! :)

Awards

• 3 weeks later...

What would be really cool if instead of giving them prizes the team that has the best record at the end of a few months could go to a major lan event or atleast a paid online event. It would give teams a reason to stay together and keep playing. 

Almost playing for a sponsorship 

Using BPR will cause some upset. I play by myself a lot with randoms sometimes going against full teams. While my individual effort can make an effect Halo 4 is no longer a backpack game. My stats have soured in comparison to previous Halos. However I still know I can take out many people with a higher 'BPR.' You should do more that just a limitation of BPR. Back in old KSI, Ego Killers was compromised of some of the best players from each division. Make an effort at contacting each division to form their own tournaments and teams. They can move up to competing against other divisions. Through 'open' tournaments you have more options for recruitment.

Omg...nvr another ego killers...i dnt know who began that but i dnt think thats a great idea...EGO is the reason why. I cud just see sum turmoil coming from it..ill look into this event more extensively..i wud like to do more halo 4 things. 

Right i understand that..but i cud still see some issues..ive always wanted to create a KSI team of the best of the best but im just not confident that it will work now. 

K/D and W/L will balance eachother out in the equation. For example, someone with a higher K/D and only a decent W/L (Like myself) will still be much able to get a 70+ BPR. Someone with a decent K/D and high W/L will be able to get the same. It still shows who's good and what not. However, the whole randoms issue is negligible. Just go HAM in a randoms game to get a high K/D that match... or just play with a team religiously.

The reason I believe BPR to be the best judgement in this case is because it will keep the same players from playing every time. BPR is malleable, and therefore gives the chance for others to reflect upon their BPR and change it for the better, should they not make the cut the first time. :)

Remember, we want the teams to change up somewhat every time. Everybody deserves a chance to be considered, instead of just one team all the time.

The true competitive nature in this event is to get people to try to make their BPR better, either by getting better themselves OR actually playing with eachother, the latter being more important. It will spark more competition and kinship.

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
Right i understand that..but i cud still see some issues..ive always wanted to create a KSI team of the best of the best but im just not confident that it will work now. 

i believe it could work if a honest guy ran it and kept the team in tip top shape :)

It has worked before. Back in halo 2 days, my division had a whole squad dedicated to a pro team. It was KSI MAGIC H2. The other squads knew they were good and they generally trained our Headhunters. They accepted only people who could beat them in a best 2/3 and they stayed on top of keeping the good in and the bad out. It is definitely worth a try I think. It proved it was worth trying back then.

• 2 weeks later...

It has worked before. Back in halo 2 days, my division had a whole squad dedicated to a pro team. It was KSI MAGIC H2. The other squads knew they were good and they generally trained our Headhunters. They accepted only people who could beat them in a best 2/3 and they stayed on top of keeping the good in and the bad out. It is definitely worth a try I think. It proved it was worth trying back then.

I think an 8 man (2 teams of 4) team, compiled of the KSI Top #8 sounds like a terrific idea! I would certainly help get this idea to become a reality. We could use the team as our main team when challenged by other clans and such, but without taking away that fun for other members in KSI who would want to do things like that. I'm all for an idea like this, so keep me posted :D

I've also been on some Top #200 GB teams and can help with this. Wouldn't mind playing on the team either XD (Top #100 1v1 GB, and placed #36 and #41 at 2 MLG Events!)