Our Hearts Go Out to Newtown, CT.

KSI Aztec 7

Not only has this story already been written and published, this article is almost fully plagiarized.

As you can see by this article by CNN, http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html parts of your article are actually excerpts from the real CNN article. Besides a few lines of your own and removing and replacing some words with your own, this is almost an EXACT copy.

You have no source, no credit to CNN and no prior background of the subject of the article it seems.

Please correct me if my accusations are wrong, but this is plagiarism, and that is extremely wrong.

KSI xRasta, <tidbit removed by request>

Badfur requested for you to edit your previous article that had been collecting dust by Friday once you got to feeling better.

Why did you quite literally copy and paste thie from CNN?

You didn't cite it; you didn't try to rewrite it; you just copied and pasted.

Here's what I mean:

You:

"With the death toll sitting at twenty six, the Newtown shooting has become the second deadliest school shooting in U.S. History, following the 2007 shooting at Virginia Tech that had left thirty two people dead."

CNN:

"With the death toll at 26, the Newtown shooting is the second-deadliest school shooting in U.S. history, behind only the 2007 shooting at Virginia Tech that left 32 people dead."

You:

"One parent who was in the school at the time of the shooting said she heard a "pop, pop, pop," sound around 9:30 a.m. in the room with the Vice Principal. Both of them had left the room and went into the hall to see what was happening. The parent ducked under the table and called 911."

CNN:
"One parent who was at the school in a meeting with Hochsprung, Sherlach and the vice principal said she heard a "pop, pop, pop." All three left the room and went into the hall to see what was happening. The parent ducked under the table and called 911."

You:
Students described as being cramped into bathrooms and closets by teachers as the shots rang throughout the building. One Kindergarten Teacher was even described as, locking her classroom doors and reading a story to her nineteen students to keep them calm.

CNN:
Young students described being ushered into bathrooms and closets by teachers as the first shots rang out. Janet Vollmer, a kindergarten teacher, locked her classroom doors, covered the windows and read a story to her 19 students to keep them calm.

Now, from what I have been told by twahlios, you have changed your article post while I have been working on pointing out what's wrong (I haven't refreshed the page one time) which I screenshot prior as well as took the article, saved it as a document, and sent it into TurnItIn prior to the reply of this and I'm sure admins can see post revisions, so if need be I'll ask worstplayer since he takes plaigarism extremely seriously.

I also can understand that they would sound very similar since we're not there with cameras shoved up people's faces on the ground writing about what had happened. We're safe in our homes, and we heard it on the news. It's kinda like a book report, if you get what I mean.

The questions are:

Why didn't you check www.ksiglobal.org before trying to post the same article again?
Why did you plaigarize instead of cite?
Why didn't you just fix up the article already posted and sitting around in the news room?
(Which would have been pretty easy.)

Note to mods/admins: Twahlios did NOT say anything out of line. He probably would have told me immediately when this happened, but I had a really bad migrain (told twahl prior to this occuring) and it felt as if it would have been better to just saw my face off with how painful it was at the time lol. So, he didn't violate his probation. He was just upset somebody would do this.