STAFF-ROOM CHAT

Prophet

Is it just me or are majority of the OS lvl 1 witness statements for Bumper a little weak for an award for outstanding service? Pantsir's statement was great, but some of the others were like 2 sentences. I noticed that some other people have already voted yes for him, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable voting yes off of one legitimate statement. I'll think on it today and will vote before I leave work this afternoon

51 minutes ago, KSI Collector 7 said:

Is it just me or are majority of the OS lvl 1 witness statements for Bumper a little weak for an award for outstanding service? Pantsir's statement was great, but some of the others were like 2 sentences. I noticed that some other people have already voted yes for him, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable voting yes off of one legitimate statement. I'll think on it today and will vote before I leave work this afternoon

It was tough for me to determine but in the end I felt there was enough evidence to pull out of the statements to where if I had to I could explain why he deserves it even if I didn't know him. I do see what you mean though.

1 hour ago, KSI Collector 7 said:

You have to remember for OS, not only do the statements carry the heaviest weight but the people who are doing the witnesses themselves. You had 2 BoD members and a senior witness. On top of the others, for an OS 1 nomination that is amazing.

The statements themselves are rather vague, and as you say weak. I agree with that, however when weighing it up in its entirety I feel its fine.

I stated yes due to Pantsir for the main part there. Statements were mostly weak I agree. What did factor in as well, was not my entire reasoning, but he did have several senior leadership members also coming to bat, however poorly they did. If this was beyond lvl 1, it would be a definite no. I can also see if we go with a no as well I would say I was very close between yes and no.

Edit: Scottie beat me to the punch while I was typing lol

10 minutes ago, 7 ENROBRIA ISK said:

You have to remember for OS, not only do the statements carry the heaviest weight but the people who are doing the witnesses themselves. You had 2 BoD members and a senior witness. On top of the others, for an OS 1 nomination that is amazing.

That's fair I guess. I guess I look at it the other way kinda, since they are on the Board and have been in for many years, and have seen/witnessed multiple of these awards, I would expect them to have more than two vague sentences. I understand where you are coming from though. If it wasn't two Board members and two random members in a division, I wouldn't have even brought it up and would've just voted no. 

I think that the question has gotten a lot of good input here, and once again shows that this is a complex award. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to how you personally weigh in (and how someone else votes shouldn't sway you if you feel that is the wrong choice), there is a good reason why we do a majority vote :) 

Ultimately for me , It was a no until Pantsir. Typically can't expect 7-10 people to put that much effort in a witness statement and while quantity is good that 1 quality input from someone as high up as pantsir followed by 2 other high level personel speaks volumes for someone as a OS lvl 1. Obviously for LVL 2 there will need to be more than one like pantsir to even be in conversation . Obviously just my opinion on the subject. 

So, can you believe it's already friday and weekend again? And last night before I have to leave Portugal (and summer) and go back to autumny chilly rainy Sweden :Cry:  But it also means I'll soon be back to checking everything in here and getting things done quicker again :)

So, I realised that we're a little low on nominations coming in again. And since I've already challenged you all to post up nominations yourselves, I guess this next one will have to be a little different. This time I think it would be wonderful if we could get more and newer members involved in here! So let's aim at getting someone new introduced to the program. Whether you do this by discussing the AAP and the wonderful awards you can get (and how to nominate/get awarded) in a squad/gens meeting or by chatting up that new SGT you hopefully have on your friends list is up to you, but it would be great to see some new faces utilising our services. :) And please, I would love to hear you guys share stories of how you encourage members about the program!

Since we won't have any OTMs for the rest of the year, and since it's still some time until the OTYs are opening up, we should make sure to not get lazy and compliant during this low season :) 

12 minutes ago, Emmy The Boss said:

So, can you believe it's already friday and weekend again? And last night before I have to leave Portugal (and summer) and go back to autumny chilly rainy Sweden :Cry:  But it also means I'll soon be back to checking everything in here and getting things done quicker again :)

So, I realised that we're a little low on nominations coming in again. And since I've already challenged you all to post up nominations yourselves, I guess this next one will have to be a little different. This time I think it would be wonderful if we could get more and newer members involved in here! So let's aim at getting someone new introduced to the program. Whether you do this by discussing the AAP and the wonderful awards you can get (and how to nominate/get awarded) in a squad/gens meeting or by chatting up that new SGT you hopefully have on your friends list is up to you, but it would be great to see some new faces utilising our services. :) And please, I would love to hear you guys share stories of how you encourage members about the program!

Since we won't have any OTMs for the rest of the year, and since it's still some time until the OTYs are opening up, we should make sure to not get lazy and compliant during this low season :) 

I shall try my best but WD likes to be hermit crabs sometimes lol :)

18 hours ago, Emmy The Boss said:

Got every squad on alert for OTY but I'll definitely get the word out to get some nominations in for awards from my newer division members [and the old lazy ones] :rolleyes:

Yes, glad to see some of you coming in here excited about it! We need to spread the word together with this positive energy, so that people see this as the great opportunity it is rather than a dull must-do :) So let's start right in here, if we can't share a positive energy about it, how will we be able to spread it to the rest of the community? So like Scottie said, we need a little hype! ;):P 

I really am hoping OTYs pop off this year. Also, excited to have DOTMs again hopefully, feel like more people are going to have positive activity with the AAP due to allowing for more monthly awards than regular OTMs. And bouncing back and forth should be a nice change in getting nominations since anyone under Cofo will only witness once every other month instead of every month. Good stuff coming up hopefully.

16 minutes ago, Airborne 7 said:

I really am hoping OTYs pop off this year. Also, excited to have DOTMs again hopefully, feel like more people are going to have positive activity with the AAP due to allowing for more monthly awards than regular OTMs. And bouncing back and forth should be a nice change in getting nominations since anyone under Cofo will only witness once every other month instead of every month. Good stuff coming up hopefully.

Yes, I hope we'll have a good run this year too! :) Hopefully it'll be smooth with easy rules this year around (past few years we've had people having opinions on how it should be done and it's always turned out too complicated even if the intentions were good), but we still have to make sure to do our best to make it a success :) 

And I am so excited for the DOTMs to start back up, even if we'll have to see if we bounce back and forth or run them in parallel. Obviously there'll be pros and cons to either approach. But as long as we can avoid the pitfalls that we have faced with the DOTMs in the past, I think that it'll be good for the community and for the reputation of the AAP :)