KSI Global
KSI QueenJess 7

GREAT READ! How promotions work...

Besides the minor grammatical errors...lol... I love this Jess! I am definitely going to read this to my general's in the next meeting and have them apply this knowledge In their squads. Thanks for making this resource available. :)

Awards

this is great , now i just wish i had a laptop or pc to print this off and read it in the next meeting,maybe i will take the time and wright it down,thanks for the great info :)

Awards

I love this and will definitely use it when deciding who next to promote in my squade. Thanks Jess like always youre the best!

Awards

I think this was much needed. Thank you Jess for putting this out there.  Carries even more weight coming from the top like this.  I will certainly use this as a reference and incorporate this in my training prog :)

Well put!

Awards

someone should also put like what they need to do to get to that position cause I know theres certain things you have to do to to be in that position

Awards

Its a great article, but I do have some disagreements with some points in it. A lot of the time, for many leaders I currently work with, and those I've worked with in the past, The point about continuing your duties from before, never happens. I hear it time & time again, "Oh well that's the 1st Captains Job" or "That's the General's Job" or "That's the Co-Founder's Job", etc... I don't think its a truly intentional habit, but many just aren't willing to take on additional duties without pushing their previous job's duties on the back burner. That's not a major deal in my eyes, but its not something that I would do to my squad/division. I will do the work of a captain if I need to as a division leader or director or whatever. If it needs to be done, I can do it regardless of rank or position. The same should apply to others.

Also, the last point about quitting. I wasn't too fond of that. I know a handful of members in the community that say KSI is dysfunctional, and doesn't work right, and is a terrible concept. But at the same time, they stay for the exact reason that the community was built for: Community.... They game with others, they network with other KSI members and become friends. They may hate the organization of the community, but they do exactly as it was designed to do, bring people together to PLAY GAMES. So while they may disagree the functions of it, in reality, it works.... So I wouldn't tell them to Quit.

Awards

Koda, I appreciate your point of view!  

It's always nice to see people thinking outside of the box.  However to play devils advocate, wouldn't those people still be believing in the organization and its purpose?  The article isn't directed at the "general membership" of KSI.  It was directed towards people seeking more responsibility, and striving for a promotion within the organization.  

I agree with 100% on duties carrying over.  I still maintain the SAME duties as a SGT in KSI, which is the basis underneath my duties as a Senior Director. I hope that we can get more people into that frame of mind. 

Awards

The article isn't directed at the "general membership" of KSI.  It was directed towards people seeking more responsibility, and striving for a promotion within the organization.  

I agree with 100% on duties carrying over.  I still maintain the SAME duties as a SGT in KSI, which is the basis underneath my duties as a Senior Director. I hope that we can get more people into that frame of mind. 

Ah, see.. Reading it I thought that it was pulling more towards that perspective as well but I am sure some would think that it means overall members. Glad that was cleared up. And Yes indeed. We need more with that same mindset!

Awards

I think a lot of times, in the situations Koda is talking about, it isn't so much that people are saying "Well that falls under a Captains responsibility so I won't do it at all.". I think what they tend to mean is "I may have a lot on my plate right now, isn't there a Captain who should be doing that?". Now that may just be my experience, but it seems to me that the higher ranked people will do what is asked of them, if they are the only person able to do it. To be fair, if there are Lt's, Captains and Generals on, would it make sense to ask a Co-Fo to do something a Sgt normally does? Maybe other people have had different situations, but the leaders always seem to be available when needed. All in all though, a very interesting article. I'll make sure my squad hears all these points at our next meeting!

This is great and I hope all of the leaders and future leaders of KSI read this. A couple of things that I strive to teach the people I come in contact with is also know how to follow as well as lead. I also encourage all of the members that if they want to do great things and be a great leader surround yourself with great leaders and follow them and learn from them they can teach you how to become great if you are willing to listen. I want to thank all of the leadership in KSI for their dedication and commitment to us all for if it wasn't for them none of us would be where we are today within KSI.

Awards

Very nice article you found queenjess its definitely an eye opener on stuff everyone especially officers should resd this you can learn alot from it.

Awards