July 15th Incident With Productions EVERYONE READ!!!!!

KSI Rookie

Last night we found out everyone was removed from productions including myself with no reason given at all. not even an explanation or meeting to discuss what was going on it just happend. Alot of people were upset including me due to all the hard work we put in for the productions team. I have put in countless hours into our Twitch stream and loved every second of it. Not even Tohdoh the head of productions has yet to been given an answer why on how he lost his status as head of productions. Things were done very unprofessional with no communication what so ever. If everyone is going to be dropped from the team at least have the curiosity to talk to each and everyone of us and explain why same thing applys to real life jobs they tell you straight up your fired not let you find out about it on your on by talking to each and every employee out there. I'm typing this out because it needs to be known and fixed so this does not occur again. Especially kicking the ones out who put in work it isn't fair to them and they deserve some sort of public apology or explanation why this has happen.

It wasn't kicking people out. The productions team needed more activity, so to lead out the fluff they requested everyone to reapply. This was to revamp the productions team. If your active you be brought right back in. But there was alot of fluff within the system. I was still productions and i was gone for a long while.

It wasn't kicking people out. The productions team needed more activity, so to lead out the fluff they requested everyone to reapply. This was to revamp the productions team. If your active you be brought right back in. But there was alot of fluff within the system. I was still productions and i was gone for a long while.

Obviously it didn't go according to plan if half of Productions knew nothing about it especially Tohdoh not receiving any sort of contact of him losing his Position.   

I agree, it was very unprofessional to just say it just like that out of nowhere. Instead we should of been given a warning regardless if it was to defluff or not. It was a reckless move. We should of had an official meeting about this regardless on who was fluff or active.

While I apologize, for the lack of explanation I was under the impression tohdoh had gone completely inactive; according to the co head Predator. I was also under the impression he would fill you all in, sorry about that and I completely apologize for that. I do agree I should have researched it more, but the only people who have been fired are the ones who aren't willing to reapply. All this is is a test to check who all is still here. I'm getting very tired of people just sitting in groups for the title, me and alot of people were very displeased with the quality of videos for the most important event of the year. There was absolutely no planning months in advance for a system to get videos ready for this week. Also, after a year the team still has zero structure and weekly requirements. Tohdoh hasn't been fired either, He was just demoted to a regular member till I hear from him. I do repeat again no one has been fired, unless you don't want to fill out the activity check.

While I apologize, for the lack of explanation I was under the impression tohdoh had gone completely inactive; according to the co head Predator. I was also under the impression he would fill you all in, sorry about that and I completely apologize for that. I do agree I should have researched it more, but the only people who have been fired are the ones who aren't willing to reapply. All this is is a test to check who all is still here. I'm getting very tired of people just sitting in groups for the title, me and alot of people were very displeased with the quality of videos for the most important event of the year. There was absolutely no planning months in advance for a system to get videos ready for this week. Also, after a year the team still has zero structure and weekly requirements. Tohdoh hasn't been fired either, He was just demoted to a regular member till I hear from him. I do repeat again no one has been fired, unless you don't want to fill out the activity check.

Tohdoh is one of the best editors out there hes never slacked off what so ever. What Tyler told you was Complete BS and Tohdoh told him he was going to be gone for awhile and left a list of things to keep up with / do while he was away. Heres your proof http://oi62.tinypic.com/29f56s5.jpg

Edited by KSI Rookie

...I do repeat again no one has been fired, unless you don't want to fill out the activity check.

Quoted for emphasis. While I agree, an official meeting to discuss this would've been more appropriate, this was an easy move to make to shake up productions. Consider this a wake up call for anyone who desires to stay or join - no hard feelings. Everyone on this team will be actively contributing via streams, uploading videos, commentaries, edits etc.

Apoc, as for the "quality" of videos... not everyone in productions is a pro at editing. In fact, we only had 2 good editors I would say - that being Todoh and Chaos. I'd like to redirect the focus of productions to be among the teams that highlights KSI members and brings something tangible to the table for our members to be a part of or show others (in short). Not to take away from the quality at all, but that skill comes with experience, mentorship, trial and error. We'll get there.

Lets keep it professional. Pick up the pieces and move on to bigger and better things. A single obstacle in the road shouldn't be the death of an entire team. The TEAM should be able to communicate, understand, decide, and overcome the obstacle together. I know that the momentum we once had has suffered a bit of a loss, but lets build that back up and really get things moving again. #1team1fight

:wub: you all. The fact that you all are so passionate about other members, justice, professionalism, etc... is fantastic. It means you give a Poop. That's a big factor in commitment. Lets keep it together, stay committed. <3

I think the point has been made. And I really don't feel it's necessary to continue to go back and forth at this time via forums. This post is visible to all to read and will remain so as record (as usual). As I said before, lets pick it back up and keep it going fellas <3

Quoted for emphasis. While I agree, an official meeting to discuss this would've been more appropriate, this was an easy move to make to shake up productions. Consider this a wake up call for anyone who desires to stay or join - no hard feelings. Everyone on this team will be actively contributing via streams, uploading videos, commentaries, edits etc.

Apoc, as for the "quality" of videos... not everyone in productions is a pro at editing. In fact, we only had 2 good editors I would say - that being Todoh and Chaos. I'd like to redirect the focus of productions to be among the teams that highlights KSI members and brings something tangible to the table for our members to be a part of or show others (in short). Not to take away from the quality at all, but that skill comes with experience, mentorship, trial and error. We'll get there.

Lets keep it professional. Pick up the pieces and move on to bigger and better things. A single obstacle in the road shouldn't be the death of an entire team. The TEAM should be able to communicate, understand, decide, and overcome the obstacle together. I know that the momentum we once had has suffered a bit of a loss, but lets build that back up and really get things moving again. #1team1fight

:wub: you all. The fact that you all are so passionate about other members, justice, professionalism, etc... is fantastic. It means you give a Poop. That's a big factor in commitment. Lets keep it together, stay committed. <3

I think the point has been made. And I really don't feel it's necessary to continue to go back and forth at this time via forums. This post is visible to all to read and will remain so as record (as usual). As I said before, lets pick it back up and keep it going fellas <3

Chicken got pretty good too.

I'm sorry but you can't take a leave of absence for a month and expect me not to replace you. Things have to keep rolling, If he had done the same in clan ops this would have been handled the same. Also, as I've said tohdoh has had control of productions for 6 months to a year now there is no structure to the team. Things need to be shaken up from how they have been for the past year.

I'm sorry but you can't take a leave of absence for a month and expect me not to replace you. Things have to keep rolling, If he had done the same in clan ops this would have been handled the same. Also, as I've said tohdoh has had control of productions for 6 months to a year now there is no structure to the team. Things need to be shaken up from how they have been for the past year.

Well we literally lost all of our best editors on the team due to this mishap so in the end it has made things worse than you claim they already are, Tohdohs Edits were the best around along side with Chicken its a shame you guys had to do this.

And no one has been fired, all they're being required to do is reapply for an inactivity check if you can't do that you don't need the group. What is stopping tohdoh and chicken from editing? Also, you seem to be doing the majority of the talking for people, I believe they can speak for themselves.

I fully understand your statement Apoc, but If someone is going to be head of a department. They need to at least know how to handle a situation such as this properly and professionally. The way this situation has been handled was very unprofessional and reckless. Now People are upset, I know not everyone can be happy but this takes the award for making people unhappy. We should of had a sit down and have a meeting about this, or at least give a fair warning ahead time. Now like, Oh yea! I am the new head of productions, everyone has been removed so reapply if you want to come back! The first reaction I got was like, What the hell is this all about? First thing people assume is that we all got kicked out. Without even telling us why, what are we suppose to think? Again is was out of nowhere, reckless and unprofessional. I hope this doesnt happen again. We are a Mature, professional gaming community and organization. Lets act like it? Okay? 

And i'm entirely sorry for that, atm predator isn't a defacto head of this group anyways he's helping set it up.  If people that have been put in place can't show their leadership I will replace them with other members here, or find others to run the department.

And no one has been fired, all they're being required to do is reapply for an inactivity check if you can't do that you don't need the group. What is stopping tohdoh and chicken from editing? Also, you seem to be doing the majority of the talking for people, I believe they can speak for themselves.

I'll just throw in my two cents real quick.

I am surprised and saddened by the way the situation was handled. I feel a hasty decision was made without many people being informed. I think that at the very least someone should've talked to Tohdoh when he came back. Anyone who was in the Productions chat KNEW Tohdoh was going to be on leave. And Tohdoh had stated it several times, including dates he was leaving and coming back. I'm disappointed in the board most of all, without insulting anyone I would've put the board up to an expectation to have handled it much better than it was handled.

That being said, I do understand why the fluff removal was necessary. Productions was not actively outputting videos, getting a constant streaming schedule was proving somewhat difficult. I am not one to talk and say that I even was active. I wasn't. I'll admit it. Even before I stepped down as co-head from being too busy, there were times where I could've put effort into making videos and doing what I could to make the channel active. I decided to go play video games instead. I wasn't what one would call a good leader, as I did not show an example.

Tohdoh though, he did try. He tried much harder than I did. And because of this incident he has made a clear decision that he will not be returning, which saddens me as he was one of our best editors, if not our best editor. I hope in the future the decision can be made a little less hastily and handled at a caliber I would expect of the KSI board.

Honestly, the fact that tohdoh did not directly talk to his BoD people, shows a failure in and of itself. To be honest, I dont see much of the production team, any of you. I dont see videos being posted to the forums and i dont see videos on global.org nor did i see a video submitted during the 2 month period i kept asking dept head tohdoh to make a video ad for productions.

Honestly, the fact that tohdoh did not directly talk to his BoD people, shows a failure in and of itself. To be honest, I dont see much of the production team, any of you. I dont see videos being posted to the forums and i dont see videos on global.org nor did i see a video submitted during the 2 month period i kept asking dept head tohdoh to make a video ad for productions.

If you mean an recruitment ad he did post a Recruitment ad about 6 months ago. I apologize that the Productions team does not post any videos as of late. I personally only do streaming as my computer processor does not allow me to properly record any videos because its not powerful enough to record. I only have 1.40GHZ and the minimum is 2.00GHZ. I can only livestream and thats all I can do till I get a better computer. We will try and meet the BoD's expectations to the best of our abilities. I will surely fulfill my part of the expectations provided. 

Again we apologize that we could not meet your expectations. I will try to the best of my ability for this not to happen again.

Hey guys,

Just wanna chime in here on the recent events regarding the Productions Team, as I have finally gotten back to my PC since I was away.

So I've read all the comments prior to this so I won't needlessly repeat everything too much. I've been away for about 27 days like I am during the summer once a year. I returned Monday evening talking to the guys from productions, and in our Kik chat we had a msg from Predator stating he was the new head of the team and for everyone else to re apply. Quite obviously we were all confused about what happened, especially since this was the day I had gotten back. I looked at all possibly social networking to see if I had a msg regarding why I had been removed as Head of the team. I had none. Not on Kik, The forums, Facebook, Skype, Twitter, etc. This being the case I was very confused on what had happened and if I'd done something wrong. No explanations whatsoever. I am just finding out all the reasons right now.

I'd like to offer some explanation on inactivity and some things y'all have stated about me or the team. Firstly regarding uploads. Since the time Illusion had resigned as Dep head and I took over I have been unable to login to the channel. I had spoken with Ace about this numerous times but we just couldn't figure out why I was unable to sign in. Therefore I appointed predator (who was able to access the channel) to be our designated uploaded, as I could not. All the guys had plenty of video to be uploaded whether it be gameplay or edits. Unfortunately wed never seen any of them uploaded.

Now with me being "inactive" that can quite easily be explained. As you know I don't post in the Dep Head Skype chat often. As it is periodically active then stops. Then starts and then again stops. So that was a primary form of communication between be and any BoD member. I was however far from inactive. I very frequently use the Kik chat and have slowed down on use of the Skype chat due to PC switching and whatnot. You may ask for reference, but I was helping the members of the team very much. I was teaching any and all aspiring editors the basic ropes of Sony Vegas. Some who you see now I helped whenever I could to checkout and review all their work. I sat down and skyped with some teaching them how to edit or help them improve. I did that quite often. When I wasn't helping the team I was working on edits myself which sadly have not been uploaded to the channel as I didn't want to overcrowd the KSI channel with all my stuff. Even though it has been forever since there was an uoload. So I have (except the last 27days) been actively in touch with any and all of the productions team.

So I've covered some issues you've seen with the channel and reasons I was thought to be inactive.

I'd just like to say my thoughts on the situation and anything else. I thought the lack of contact between me and whomever decided to demote me, or even my former co head to not even explain to me why I was removed and needed to re apply. I heard nothing, and that was really confusing for me. I'm disappointed that all the proclaimed problems with the way I ran productions and the lack of communication was presented to me after I had been removed, when there is nothing I can do about them now.

Finally the last thing I want to relay to all of you guys.

I've been an active member of the KSI community for 2 years now, helping members get better at editing, playing in squad battles back when SH was around, and overall just having a great time and meeting new people. I can't say I regret it but it is hurtful when you're apart of the community as long as I was and then told nothing about why you were removed. It truly sucks. But have read the reasons why and I am coming to terms with that. KSI has been great to me most of the time and I'm ever so Happy I had the opportunity to meet all of you! Now before you all head to your private chats and talk crap about me or make fun of me for being whatever and forget the actually fun times we had I wanted to say I had a lot of fun and I don't regret all of it.

I know DoCNeSS will be a stunning Dep Head when he assumes the role and I can't wait to see what he does for the team. Sadly I won't be returning to the team or KSI after all this passes. I don't need to explain why but I want to leave on a positive note and not leave with half the Board or anyone I knew thinking less of me. I'm not leaving angry, or spiteful to KSI, but wish for the utmost best that KSI can do for the members and my former productions staff. Its been fun, truly, and I hope you all have a great time! Thanks a lot :)

Best,

Tohdoh