AAP QUESTIONS

Awoken Lucifer

do you guys not see how flooding the market with pointless awards devalues and undermines the awards for actual achievements? one guy gets an award for being an outstanding member of his clan and helping people and recruiting people. and then someone else gets an award for being friends with someone... and another award for posting in a topic about touching a weenis...

on top of that, you're wasting the graphic team's time to make so many dumb awards that the awards topic is backed up. if you just had the awards that were necessary they'd all probably be done. tbh I and a few others refuse to even make awards because your program is a joke right now.

this has been discussed a few times, and i dont know if chicken ever mentioned any of this to the other AAP so i thought id post here so you're all aware that you've been talked about :P

• Admin Guy
do you guys not see how flooding the market with pointless awards devalues and undermines the awards for actual achievements? one guy gets an award for being an outstanding member of his clan and helping people and recruiting people. and then someone else gets an award for being friends with someone... and another award for posting in a topic about touching a weenis...

The current shop awards are in support for not only the mod team members, but also for other things as well. They are in the global economy that we have, and are available for purchase. They have NOTHING to do with the Achievements and Awards Program, and are only for fun. We've told you all already that you don't have to mess with the shop awards, and no one said that you have to make them. Honestly, if you have an issue with the shop awards, take it up with the admin team.

on top of that, you're wasting the graphic team's time to make so many dumb awards that the awards topic is backed up. if you just had the awards that were necessary they'd all probably be done. tbh I and a few others refuse to even make awards because your program is a joke right now.

Dumb awards? Besides the shop awards, there really isn't anything that can be considered a "dumb" award, and no one asked you all to redo all of the awards for our department. If I recall, Robyn was the one who suggested that we do so, and Manny/Dan came to me with it. If you don't want to make them, then be my guest. I really don't care all too much. Also, I'm pretty sure that the AAP is one of the most successful departments on this website, so calling it a joke really isn't the intelligent thing to say. 

this has been discussed a few times, and i dont know if chicken ever mentioned any of this to the other AAP so i thought id post here so you're all aware that you've been talked about  :tongue:

Okay, cool.

Next time, think before you come running in and trying to say we're doing things wrong, because the last time I checked, I haven't come in and said that the GFX department was doing everything substandard and needed to change what they were doing. 

I'm pretty sure the gfx team offered to remake them in the first place. So how are we wasting your time? If you don't want to make them, don't.... Your opinion on how the aap operates is irrelevant(I don't mean any harm, but it is).

The current shop awards are in support for not only the mod team members, but also for other things as well. They are in the global economy that we have, and are available for purchase. They have NOTHING to do with the Achievements and Awards Program, and are only for fun. We've told you all already that you don't have to mess with the shop awards, and no one said that you have to make them. Honestly, if you have an issue with the shop awards, take it up with the admin team.

you say "They have NOTHING to do with AAP", but just FYI, dont know if u know this, but they go in the same spot below peoples signatures, in the same box that says "awards" over it. so you could understand why people would be confused :wink:

Dumb awards? Besides the shop awards, there really isn't anything that can be considered a "dumb" award, and no one asked you all to redo all of the awards for our department. If I recall, Robyn was the one who suggested that we do so, and Manny/Dan came to me with it. If you don't want to make them, then be my guest. I really don't care all too much. Also, I'm pretty sure that the AAP is one of the most successful departments on this website, so calling it a joke really isn't the intelligent thing to say. 

im sorry but having *awards* for just being friends with someone is "dumb" in my personal opinion(*sorry i know u said they arent awards but i dont know what to call the non-awards that are in the awards area). and well you just said some of them "are only for fun" so its hard for me to agree with you that it isn't a joke right now... 

Next time, think before you come running in and trying to say we're doing things wrong, because the last time I checked, I haven't come in and said that the GFX department was doing everything substandard and needed to change what they were doing. 

I did think, thanks. i didnt say you're doing things wrong, i asked a question and had some follow up comments. and you indeed have not come in and said that the GFX department was doing everything substandard and needed to change, correct! and if you're saying that is what i did to the AAP section i'd have to say you're mistaken. but the fact of the matter is the GFX section doesnt have a "Questions" topic either! I had a question, which was along the lines of "are you aware that some of the (non-award?) awards are devaluing and undermining the actual awards?" and I apologize that asking a question in the questions topic rustled your jimmies so much. my bad. :)

I'm pretty sure the gfx team offered to remake them in the first place. So how are we wasting your time? If you don't want to make them, don't.... Your opinion on how the aap operates is irrelevant(I don't mean any harm, but it is).

my opinion on how the AAP operates is indeed irrelevant! good job in recognizing that, sir! but also this topic is for asking questions and i thought that meant i could ask a question in here... i didnt demand anything to be changed, now did i? :tongue:

Your passive aggressive smilies aside, i don't believe rhetorical questions count. The only question i see in your post was

do you guys not see how flooding the market with pointless awards devalues and undermines the awards for actual achievements?

Did you honestly expect an answer to that question? It's a yes or no question which leaves no option other than to agree with your opinion. This is not an "opinions" topic. Ask a real question and you'll get a real answer. If you feel your precious time is being wasted by making these awards, then don't make them. I can see from your section you are an extremely busy department. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the training award is that one where you have to have trained 30 different people or does it count where you have trained up a person more then one time.  Most of my trainings are with the same person getting trained up by me.

30+ Members, so different people, and you must be nominated for it by someone else, not yourself

30+ Members, so different people, and you must be nominated for it by someone else, not yourself

Thats what I thought and why I asked to make sure and I knew I needed someone else to do it. Thanks.

Ummm you can look thru the Archive if you want http://www.ksiforums.org/forum/158-aap-archive/

*But if you must know.....youve made 3 Successful Nominations....but i only went 10 pages deep.

im having a hard time finding the template for OTM i would really like to nomanate someone,could someone please help me :)

• Admin Guy

Templates for the OTMs and OTYs can be found in the AAP archive. Also, you must wait until the OTMs/OTYs come up again to nominate someone, and it would have to be in the thread that was posted.

• 2 months later...

wasn't sure if this would go in questions or suggestions but seeing as its a new year i figured its  a good time to suggest it. For the of the year awards, what if you took the nominations primarily from the Of The Month winners. Everyone who won an of the month would automatically be nominated and the members would come in and witness on their behalf why they should win. I was thinking this because if you didn't win for any month of the year, why would you be considered the best that year?

• Admin Guy

wasn't sure if this would go in questions or suggestions but seeing as its a new year i figured its  a good time to suggest it. For the of the year awards, what if you took the nominations primarily from the Of The Month winners. Everyone who won an of the month would automatically be nominated and the members would come in and witness on their behalf why they should win. I was thinking this because if you didn't win for any month of the year, why would you be considered the best that year?

We've thought about doing this, but it would honestly be based upon more-so a popularity selection contest than anything. We have something in the works to further streamline the AAP and even refine the program to the point where we know everyone is getting the recognition that they deserve. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorta new on here and I'm interested in getting more involved on the forums. Can someone please explain the AAP and give me more information about it. Thank you!

Edited by KSI redgamer15

Awards

I'm sorta new on here and I'm interested in getting more involved on the forums. Can someone please explain the AAP and give me more information about it. Thank you!

The Acheivment and Awards Program is there to reward...well acheivements within KSI, lol

Heres a list of all the awards!

http://www.ksiforums.org/index.php?app=awards&module=view&section=view

In short, the AAP is the Awards Department in KSI, where members nominate other members for their service  in KSI. Awards vary from basic service awards, to clan ops recognition awards, rank recognition awards, and even awarding people for going crazy while in KSI. Someone nominates a member for the award, and then other members come in and serve as witnesses for said award. If enough members witness and provide accurate and convincing testimony, the AAP staff vote and then chose whether to award the user or not based on the given evidence. The entire program is just another way that we recognize deserving members for their hard work and dedication to the community :)

ok thank you,when is the next OTM comming up?

The OTM's are usually opened up the last week of the month. For example, July's OTM's nomination thread should be opened up around the last week of July. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin Guy

Will there be an award for have 5000 post?

There is already an award for 4000 posts, called spammer. For 5000 posts, if you are not already in a preset team group, you'll be moved to the "No Life" group.

what would it be to get the economy system to interact with specific awards? per award awarded and per recipient's post. for instance a forum award would add an additional 10 points to the member awarded and one additional point per post but something thing like O.S. Level three would add something like +1000 to the recipients total points and additional+50 per post? sounds like a lot of work so it's just an idea, but I think it could be a motivator for newer members trying to get to know www.ksiforums.org.

Furthermore outside of AAP I believe this would also be a great idea for forums user's groups and departments but the award system would be one where this would be mostly used.

Edited by PANTSIR