Questions/Comments/Complaints/Suggestions

KSI Sungazer 7

• 1 month later...

Would News team be intrested in handling interviews for of the month winners??

its okay if you dont want to i was just Curious

• 1 year later...

I would actually like to know if I could try-out to be a news team editor....I have been editing some papers of people in my class, and I realized I am not half bad at it.....So how does one become an editor? 

I would actually like to know if I could try-out to be a news team editor....I have been editing some papers of people in my class, and I realized I am not half bad at it.....So how does one become an editor? 

There's no need at this time.

Me and Badfur handle edits.

That's even if we have anything to edit..

:sad:

The reason why I am going to have to deny this request at this time, is lets take a survey of what's on the team, and how much work is being produced.

www.ksiglobal.org

There has only been three (going on four to five) recent articles within the month of December. Twahl's, I's, and yours within the last month, and they all have been spaced out quite some time in between.

That work load, really should only have one editor. The reason why I have two is that Badfur prefers to edit, but he also does all the coleadership work that must be done, while I like to write and lead the team (as well as bridge the Academic Support Center and News Team together lately.) Whenever Badfur isn't around or is busy, Twahl picks up the slack eagerly like a beaver with a stack of wood.

We have three (maybe four) writers currently. We should be able to publish four to five articles a week easily (sadly, we are not), and with two editors, it's enough at this time.

If news team would grow to I don't know... 14 writers (example; that'd be so awesome, though) who wrote weekly, then having a third editor would help tremendously because Twahl and Badfur would be going crosseyed and crazy with fourteen articles and fourteen people who need help on their articles understanding what's wrong and why from Friday night to Sunday night (large workload when you think about it).

However! If you want to edit, there is the Academic Support Center that you are a part of, and they can always use all the help they can get when students need help.

If you still want to become an editor here, all I can say is recruit more dedicated and quality writers! Fourteen isn't a real goal number, like I said it was an example, but if there gets to being too many writers per editor, than I will need another editor! 

:sad:

The reason why I am going to have to deny this request at this time, is lets take a survey of what's on the team, and how much work is being produced.

www.ksiglobal.org

There has only been three (going on four to five) recent articles within the month of December. Twahl's, I's, and yours within the last month, and they all have been spaced out quite some time in between.

That work load, really should only have one editor. The reason why I have two is that Badfur prefers to edit, but he also does all the coleadership work that must be done, while I like to write and lead the team (as well as bridge the Academic Support Center and News Team together lately.) Whenever Badfur isn't around or is busy, Twahl picks up the slack eagerly like a beaver with a stack of wood.

We have three (maybe four) writers currently. We should be able to publish four to five articles a week easily (sadly, we are not), and with two editors, it's enough at this time.

If news team would grow to I don't know... 14 writers (example; that'd be so awesome, though) who wrote weekly, then having a third editor would help tremendously because Twahl and Badfur would be going crosseyed and crazy with fourteen articles and fourteen people who need help on their articles understanding what's wrong and why from Friday night to Sunday night (large workload when you think about it).

However! If you want to edit, there is the Academic Support Center that you are a part of, and they can always use all the help they can get when students need help.

If you still want to become an editor here, all I can say is recruit more dedicated and quality writers! Fourteen isn't a real goal number, like I said it was an example, but if there gets to being too many writers per editor, than I will need another editor! 

I understand in this 100% I will try to push for some quality writers to join up :D.....Thanks for your time and yeah 

~KSI Anatomy 7

• 8 months later...

I have a couple questions to bring up here.

1: Are the news team writers allowed to post their opinions in the applications to join the news team?

2: Can we get an updated list of the news team staff in the staff list topic of the main news section?

3: I am only aware of one current Editor and that is Badfur, our staff is getting larger and our submissions are becoming more frequent. Badfur is being kept thoroughly busy in my opinion. Will there be a point in time in the near future in which there may be applications, submissions, or even try outs for a new Editor? If so, I would definitely like to put my name in the hat as I excel much more at edits then I do at writing. :)

Badfur is fine with opinions, as long as they do not violate the Code of Conduct.

I'll update the list today.

I'm sorry that I have missed your article for editing, Badfur had asked me to take over for a while, and I thought from that day forward. I'll take care of your article today. I'm sorry.

Lots of stuff has been happening in Badfur's and I's life. I finally got settled on medications for my schizoaffective. I kept switching and having to deal with really bad side effects. However, we finally found one that doesn't give me any side effects after I got through the ridiculous hibernation this one put me through in the . (I finally don't have to see my doctor for three months! Yay!). Now my school put me on hold without telling me because a fund did not pay them like they were supposed to, I just had two midterms, I'm writing two seven-paged research papers, stuff like that, and I don't know what Badfur has been busy with, but he's been equally busy too.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I know first hand how much those side affects for that type of medication is. I don't really have a problem, just thought maybe the extra help would be appreciated. :) thank you for the prompt answers though. ^.^

Just to clarify though there is not quite a need for a new editor yet?

In an ideal world, with an ideal number of folks, the News Team would be set up in a manner reminiscent of the divisions. 'tasha and I up at the top for Div/Co-Div, a Head Editor basically being the Founder equivalent, then Editors as co-fo's, each covering 3-4 writers.

That is more Badfur's domain. We should be able to be self sufficient with only three writers, but he may find your skill as a must-have on the team. I deal more with leadership, coordinaing projects together, helping people who are new to news team navigate it through the sometimes treturous first weeks, recruit, whats right and wrong, write, letters to the editor, managing the team's email, etc. .