KSI Global

2ece7153ebc8da077b935e904ec8aaf7.jpg

As the photo above says, when making goals whether in life or in KSI make sure that they are SMART!

Specific - Ensure that your goal is clearly explained and that the objective is communicated to anyone involved!

Measurable - Establish a way to track the progress of the goal so everyone can evaluate what is working and what is not in order to reach the end result.

Achievable - Never set a goal where you don't have control over the process and the outcome. Your goal should be a direct result of success by yourself and your team.

Realistic - Goals are there to have something to strive towards and if they aren't realistic your team won't take them seriously! Start small and as you reach your goals expand on them within reason.

Timely - Never set a goal that is open ended. Always have a finish line. Set up a deadline in order to eliminate procrastination, and to drive your team to work with a sense of urgency.

Feel free to discuss or comment!

Awards

Any rank in KSI being Clans Ops or Web Ops will benefit from the terms above made in this L.E.A.D post. I think this information is very valuable and can apply in a multitude of ways. A task is meant to be accomplished, and therefore the plan must be realistic. The terms above can apply to any rank in KSI. Some examples of Clans Ops situations may include whether a PVT dealing with time management, if he/she can attend the upcoming meetings and events or SGTs and Staff Sergeants making sure the recruiting quota is made as well as being active on the forums or the Lieutenants doing their part in problem solving or training new recruits. There are many tasks each week and remembering these will help set a achievable plan. As long as each goal is achievable, but also challenging then success will follow. When a squad or Division individually and cooperatively set goals, progress will be evaluated by said goals achievements. This is great to add into my SGT and Officer Workshops. I'm very happy L.E.A.D is on the forums.

Awards

This one is tough, since life at it's core, chaotic and full of elements and choices that you cannot control. I think the most challenging part of discernment is figuring out what you can and cannot control. 

Achievable - Never set a goal where you don't have control over the process and the outcome. Your goal should be a direct result of success by yourself and your team.

Awards

This one is tough, since life at it's core, chaotic and full of elements and choices that you cannot control. I think the most challenging part of discernment is figuring out what you can and cannot control. 

Achievable - Never set a goal where you don't have control over the process and the outcome. Your goal should be a direct result of success by yourself and your team.

I don't agree with achievable. Goals are something we want, when setting a goal its not like we take the extra time to say hey can i even really do this or not. Just like xAchilliesx said, there are a lot of elements that we do not have control over at all no matter how we plan out our goals. There are always going to be elements that work against us.

Maybe I am over thinking it but ive seen goals be achieve when everyone knew they were not "achievable". Any goal can be "achievable", it will just take a lot more time and work than other goals. 

I don't agree with achievable. Goals are something we want, when setting a goal its not like we take the extra time to say hey can i even really do this or not. Just like xAchilliesx said, there are a lot of elements that we do not have control over at all no matter how we plan out our goals. There are always going to be elements that work against us.

Maybe I am over thinking it but ive seen goals be achieve when everyone knew they were not "achievable". Any goal can be "achievable", it will just take a lot more time and work than other goals.

I disagree with your argument because when making SMART goals we do "take the extra time to say hey can I even really do this," because we want to make sure we can achieve that particular goal or goals. That's why we make goals to begin with, to achieve something. Sure there are elements :Ying Yang: that work against us, but you must have a plan to counteract them and push forward to your goal no matter what obstacle is in your way. Even if you cannot counteract them, just realize they are there and that they will always be there to push forward. In doing this your good will overcome your obstacles evil.

RoYALMoNKEY, if you believe you cannot achieve a goal then start small. Create a set of small goals that will eventually lead up to your success or achievement of your major or primary goal, in my opinion. 

Measurable - Establish a way to track the progress of the goal so everyone can evaluate what is working and what is not in order to reach the end result.

Awards

All of you bring up very valid points of view!  I would hope that you look at goal setting in it's most simplistic form and not over think it too much.  I will take from what Achilles said about "figuring out what you can and cannot control", and elaborate. 

At any given time there will always be factors, both in life and KSI, that you cannot control.  Don't set yourself up for failure by relying on the things out of your control to be a key factor in achieving your goal. For example, an achievable goal would be to have 5 Corporals change their name in two weeks. This is a limiting goal, but is still within your control because you can do things to ensure that at least 5 Corporals have an opportunity to change their name.  A goal that would not be achievable would be that you would want your ENTIRE squad to have a KSI tag.  This is not achievable because of all of the factors that are NOT within your control. 

So the moral of the story here is that some goals may be limiting, but still achievable as long as you factor in what you can control and what you cannot.  It all starts with REALIZING what is within your control and what isn't. But hey, that's part of being a leader isn't it? 

Awards

one thing I feel that should be mention is willing to achive this goal a lot of people can easily set a goal but don't mean there trying to achive it

Awards

On 2/7/2016 at 2:13 AM, KSI Taiga 7 said:

one thing I feel that should be mention is willing to achive this goal a lot of people can easily set a goal but don't mean there trying to achive it

I agree completely. Anyone can set a goal, it doesnt mean that they will achieve or even stick to that goal. They need motivation. That's where KSI come in. You can host seminars, lobbies, meetings, etc. to get people motivated to make a difference and they stick to it because they relate. I use this tactic to my advantage often. 

Talk to the person with said goal, and tell them that you were that person before too. 

(e.g. if they set a goal to recruit lets say 10 members, let them know, "Hey I used to be the same rank, and pretty much the same person that you are right now. I have recruited 10 people and it is because I set that goal and stuck to it. You can too. I believe you can do it.") 

This type of talk with said people usually sticks and it works! Its awesome to see them actually get close or achieve their goals. It feels great!

Awards