News Team Spirit Week Prep

Impy

First, we will be having a meeting for sure before Spirit Week, probably June 21 or 22.

But before then, EVERY member of the News Team must write some sort of preview piece. This will be about past spirit weeks or the future of the event.

Ideas include:

- What makes the Pep Rally so much fun?

- Halo or Call of Duty: Which is a better event, why?

- There's no Minecraft event this year (takes too long, it's hard to organize/judge). Talk about Minecraft in past years.

- Spirit Week Prizes are fun. What are the best prizes that have been offered? What would people like?

- Tiebreaker will be fun this year, it's TBA. What do people want the tiebreaker to be?

- How does Spirit Week make KSI better and stronger?

- How has the event evolved in the three years we've had it?

- Favorite Spirit Week memories.

- Where's Spirit Week going in the future?

Now, all these stories involved getting quotes from people AROUND KSI, not just your close friends. If you want to be news-y, you have to be diverse.

All of these stories MUST be done by June 15. (Yes, you only get a week. We need to schedule them in advance of the event, and it's a lot of planning and editing.

Also, E3 is happening later this week. If you're interested in helping with a liveblog, or writing short summaries on different announcements on those days, let me know so we can set up a system. (Yes, you still have to do a Spirit Week Prep story.)

Any questions? Just post them underneath and myself or Jessi will address them.

This is an important time for the News Team to show KSI we're for real and can cover the hell out of the community, so let's put forth our best effort these next 3 weeks.

- How has the event evolved in the three years we've had it?

I'll take that one. I don't know how long members of the news team have been around in KSI, but I'd guess that I'm one of the contenders. Of course, I'd be asking around for more input than just mine, but that's not an issue. 

Also, E3 is happening later this week. If you're interested in helping with a liveblog, or writing short summaries on different announcements on those days, let me know so we can set up a system. (Yes, you still have to do a Spirit Week Prep story.)

And I'd like to be apart of the E3 coverage in some way. I don't know exactly how, but I'd want to lean more towards the summary announcements than the live blogging. I'm way too reserved on game announcements because I like to play the actual game before I make my judgments.