KSI Global
December

So You Think You Can Write - July 2019

Topic will be automatically locked at 04:00 AM

July_SYTYCW_-_Copy.jpg

So You Think You Can Write - July 2019

Topic: "Write Your Beginning"

In a book about you, what would the first page say? Would it be intriguing or mysterious? Or would it be reminiscent and melancholy? It's up to you! Tell us how your story begins. Entice your readers, be creative and above all - write something Harry Potter himself would WANT to read. 

Maximum word length = 200

giphy.gif

***DON'T FORGET! Submissions earn your division points toward the 2019 Div Cup!*** Encourage your squad mates to post!

This topic will close July 26th @ 11:59pm EST. Copy and paste the template below. Good luck!

-   -   -

• Gamertag:
  • Division:
  • My Beginning:

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Skarzx 77

Division: Director

My Beginning:

It was but a simple game of Joust on a game called Smite. Not unlike the many instances before , it was a slow and steady game with neither team getting too much of a lead on their opposition. However, a few costly mistakes by my enemies combined with the help of my new teammates the game tipped the scales severely in our favor. After the following 10 minutes of what can only be described as a complete victory on our part we went our separate ways as we loaded back to the main menu to queue into another match. It was during this time that I received an interesting party invite from one of the teammates from the recently won match , so i decided to join it. Little did I know looking back on that day 2 years, 2 months and 22 days later that I would not only join a community for gamers, but grow through the ranks. Every good story needs an ending, except this story is just beginning!

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Memonator

Division: Eternal Souls

My Beginning:
Have you ever just lay in bed and wondered to yourself… what is it that makes me so different from everyone else? I know I have for sure. Sometimes I thought Is it my optimism, my reach for perfection, my childhood,the love I have for my friends? I can never figure this out. Am I really so different from the rest of the world to always feel like it’s raining on me? You know the expression, “when it rains, it pours”? Well sometimes, I believe someone wrote that just for me. To couteract that, my motto in life has always been, everything happens for a reason”. So where does that leave me? 125
But it's not all that bad,there's a positive to being sad and that's when you've had a good day everything seems almost worth it and all the bad things dont seem that bad anymore.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI YeetQueen 

Division: SL

My beginning: 

Darkness, what surrounds me is darkness. No light. No way out! Look left, nothing. Look right nothing, one way forward, one way out. Squeeze my way forward at the end I can see light. Closer and closer the light becomes more brighter, it is brighter than the sun itself. It is all over within a flash. Brightness brightness all around me. Being surround by unfamiliar shapes. I don’t know where I am. Can I call for help? That didn’t seem to work. All I can hear is sounds; ear piercing I am unsure what it is. Everything seems so fuzzy I am unsure where I am exactly. At first I was in a warm dark place and now cold and bright.

Awards

Gamertag:KSI Nezu

Division:ES

My Beginning: Sea turtles mate sea turtles!

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Folkstyle

Division: WD

My Beginning: ya know one time, there was this guy, and he was totally a guy... I think. Anyway he was the coolest guy, and his name was Folkstyle... I think. But he was definitely a guy, now I'm sure of that. This guy, was totally dudular, if you know what I mean. Sometimes he would just sit there like guys do, and he played all of the videogames, all of them, it was actually kinda scary. This one time he played a game 16 hours a day for two whole years, we were kinda worried about his well being, but then we though, he's the dude, he'll be okay. And yeah, that's the guy... Folkstyle... I think.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Kalakoi 77
Division: Wicked Destruction

My Beginning:

In the beginning there was nothing. Until that nothing realized it was something because what is nothing without something to compare it to and then became everything. But everything, all the energy in the known universe, existed in a space too small to even begin to describe. More energy than one could even imagine packed into an area smaller than a single pixel on whatever device you’re reading this on. Nothing, or rather, everything could not exist in this singularity forever. Thus began the great expansion, the Big Bang, which promptly finished faster than you could read this sentence. This, in turn, released all this energy as photons throughout the newly created universe. But how does mass come from the mass-less, pure energy of photons? Someone much smarter than I once posited that Energy is equal to Mass times the Speed of Light squared. Energy and Mass are directly related but making mass from energy is hard so the only things being formed in the beginning were Electrons and Quarks, the fundamental particles that comprise all known objects in the universe.
To be continued...

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Barb130

Division: ES

My Beginning:

In the beginning...oh I have had so many beginnings. Which one should I write about. Well there was the first time I moved out on my own, or my first real video game, my first job and my first "real" job. Those are the good, but what about the first time I lost a job, or the first time my heart was broken or the first time my feelings were taken advantage of. Then there are the beginnings where I learn not to turn bitter at the bad but move on and be happy that I  had an opportunity to learn something new and to not to be afraid of beginnings.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Siggy

Division: ES

My Beginning: Alpha. Omega. Beginning and the end. Most people wonder where the heck I got Siggy from. Most people think I smoke cigarettes and just made a shortened version of it. The truth is that it stems from a nickname I had with my original KSI name, KSI Sigma. A person I was really close to thought it was cute to give literally everyone a nickname,and me being the 16 year old weirdo I was,I accepted it. I felt belonging with a nickname,I found a community worth coming back to because of a silly nickname. And of course,Sigma was kind of taken when I wanted to re-join.....

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Trixie 

Divison: Demonic Mayhem

My Beginning:

The Girl Who Overcame The Odds

It whizzes by her head so close to her ear she can hear it zing. Then, once again, the same thing on the other side. A look of fear crosses her face as the realization hits: someone is shooting at her. “This must be a dream,” she thinks. She pinches herself, but much to her chagrin, she does not wake. 

Thinking quickly, they both hit the ground. She is scared, yet somehow thinking clearly. It is as if time is standing still. They wait and listen for sounds. The tree behind them takes the impact with a loud thud.

It is true, someone is shooting at them. It isn’t just a misplaced bullet, but purposeful shots fired in their direction. Her eyes scan the ground below them, searching for their attacker. 

“I see him,” Patrick says, as he moves his eyes in the direction of the shooter. 

They are still both too afraid to move a limb. She sees him standing down below. The gun pointed upwards towards his prey. The midday sun does little to camouflage his face. She recognizes him immediately. She knows her attacker.

“What do we do?” she says. 

“Let’s wait it out and see what he does,” Patrick replies. 

They both lay very still, the sounds of their breath the only noise they hear. She closes her eyes and prays, looking for a way out of what seems a hopeless situation. They were hiking and have no way to protect themselves besides their bare hands. Not even a knife, but who brings a knife to a gun fight anyway? After an eternity has passed, she looks down to see their attacker is gone. They crawl into the safety of the tree line.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Jamcam

My Beginning: "I was not always angry at the world after everything that had happened. Even after getting to the point I have pushed myself to finally obtain my wish and it is growing ever so closer to the point I can almost taste it.  I like to think I am going to be content away from home at the time living at far away place with new friends I could call my own family. I met some on the train in fact. James, your son who had my back on the train (long story) and Lily your daughter who seems quiet but absolutely brilliant.  I do miss my mom, and my sister though...I remember the days at home...my mom would call me from the downstairs.. "Josh it is breakfast! Get down here and join us. You are always sleeping too late, come enjoy the daylight with us."

"See, she would make these incredible pancakes. They were so fluffy, buttery with maple syrup sweet enough to make you drool down your chin but it was just not the same since Dad died. Mom was so upset but always put on a brave face for me and Claire. Claire was my sister who was just turning 10 years old. I had just turned 11 when my dad passed away the week before. I felt different from a lot of the other kids, and other people in fact. Things would just happen to me when I was younger that I wouldn't be able to explain or think it was a dream cause it seemed so ridiculous. My emotions would almost affect objects like...they could just move, disappear... or once in a while I could even teleport but not very far at least. Scares mum and Claire every time." 

"It was strange because I can not always control it. Many kids made fun of me because I was quiet, and they knew about my dad being a dead beat drunk. See our family wasn't made of money like the other kids. Most times I would get sent home from school because of being bullied into fights. It all changed when I got a letter in the mail one summer...asking me to attend the magical and mystical school of Hogwarts."

"Arriving from Diagon Alley to get my supplies for attending the school, taking the train which was outright weird finding the platform to begin with, we were brought to our rooms. People were talking about you, telling the stories, and I had an idea of who you are, and what had happened. I am here at Hogwarts in the dormitory, almost 12 years after you were here. It is just like I imagined. I am wondering if I will end  up in Gryffindor lately...I was told by mom, as well as have read all the books out now (you are so bloody famous after all), about the day Cedric Digory was murdered. I remember they said you fought and protected the school after Lord Voldemort himself tried to kill you. Even though there was bad times, there was a lot of great times I am sure you all had despite the mess." 

"I am excited to see if I make the team for Quidditch by the way. It sounds bloody fun and catching a golden snitch might be for me after all. To continue on though, Its off and on where sometimes you think about how life could of been different or how this has happened to all of us. I know there is so much to learn, skills I could try to use to help the better forces of good. I am always reading books on magic (mainly dark arts) or mystical creatures cause somehow as ugly as some are they fascinate me, I mean dark arts are the most intriguing after all  but I almost can but can not wait to finish my schooling. I want to become an Auror just like you one day so I can help stop evil in the world. I am excited to start my first year at Hogwarts and I am thrilled to meet all the professors. I want to join the ministry just like you in the years to come. Before the grand feast and introduction tonight we are all here unpacking all our stuff and have been given a little time to adjust. Crazy Castle for sure mate."

"There has been rumors going around though and maybe that is why I resorted to writing you this letter in our time of need. They are saying that Death eaters are meeting in private and that someone is out there to get revenge against Hogwarts, some professors, and maybe even yourself as well but it is just what the other students are saying. Either way it has been a crazy start for me adjusting to all of this but surely not as much as you had to deal with. I am hoping you obtain this letter from my owl, her name is Corrinne. I look forward to meeting you after leaving Hogwarts or maybe one day you will visit to spread your wisdom or possibly your skills."

The year slowly continued on as Josh was finishing his last year at Hogwarts until one night, students started disappearing. There was no explanation and teachers were profound that it could be happening. Many thought rumors of the dark forces returning were becoming true but Professor Minerva McGonagall was always making sure students were preparing themselves but one night felt dark....eerie...really cold...and like everything was being taken away... that Is when the terror struck...it was the start and end of a time to come.

To be continued...

Edited by KSI JAM

Awards

Gamertag:KSI CryBay

My Beginning:

My story isnt like any other..It all started in the dead of winter i could feel all the mositure in my nose freeze as i hiked  down the snowy moutain side. My whole body was so cold i felt like i wouldnt be able to take another step, the only thing that gave me hope was the light at the bottom of the moutain. I knew if i didnt make it down to the town for help everyone in  my village would die. As i kept on walking it felt like i have been walking weeks my knees weak and my body feeling like it was going to shut down at any minute, I could barley see a foot in front of  me the snow made my visibility slim to none. I started to give up any hope that i would make it there to save the others, i was sure i was going to be a pack of wolfs dinner. All of a sudden i hear a childs voice in the distance i thought it was just my imagination playing tricks on me, as i walked closer i could see a little boy and a little girl playing in the snow, i couldnt believe that i had made it,  i staggered closer to them and all of a sudden everything went dark.. the next thing i remeber is waking up in a warm bed with a woman taking care of me and the same children i seen playing helping the woman. All i could do was smile i thanked the children, if they werent playing outside i would of died i owed my life to them.. 

Awards

Gamertag: KSI DCRUNK

Division: KNIGHTS SL

My Beginning: Lonely? I think not! Well maybe..... Who am I kidding? I only had twenty friends, and ten were always offline. I know I just got back on Xbox after playing PlayStation for about a year (the whole Kingdom Hearts, God of War, and Uncharted series takes a while to complete), but I expected to find friends quicker than this. No one responds to my posts because I'm not the greatest COD player of all time, and hardly anyone actually uses game chat. Just.... Great.... I guess. KSI is recruiting! I probably won't even be allowed to join. I'll probably have to do a tryout and wont be good enough. I'm good enough? Well now I have something to prove. I've got a few friends that I could get to join and I have changed my name. A challenge to recruit four people in a week. That is easy. I can do in two days! Wow! Seven people in 48 hours thats a great start, but I am not done yet! I can do more; I can do better. I will do whatever I can for the community who gave me this chance. Now I have friends. Now I have family!

Edited by KSI DCRUNK

Awards

KSI JAGER97

SL

Never has anyone known my story or from my start. I started just like everyone else but had a nac for for groups and to help lead. Leading friends and strangers alike to war in paintball and now in KSI gaming community. Loving everyone here as family and waiting to become more.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Codyo

Division: Knights SL

My Beginning:

Started as just a lonely Co4 player. Joined royalty looking for loyalty and friendship. I became a newly promoted officer, in a damaged squad. Witnessed progressing toxicity, but still completed my officer duties. It sometimes made communities a bit depressing. Fortunately there were, still some amazing leaders in the ranks above me. Even leaders, not in my squad. I kept training with and observing these leaders, while we tried to hold onto the squad. Eventually our squad fell apart and closed. I transferred into Knights, where I have been welcomed with open arms! Especially by the leaders. This has truly, helped me flourish as an officer. I’ve been able to turn all of this positivity, into productivity and happiness. I believe this, is where my story in KSI is truly beginning.

Awards