KSI Global
December

So You Think You Can Write - August 2019

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

August_SYTYCW_-_Copy.jpg

So You Think You Can Write - August 2019

Topic: The Best You Can Be

If you could choose something to excel in, what would it be? Big or small, crazy or practical, boring or awesome - the choice is yours. Describe the one thing you'd want to be the best at and tell us why. Submissions will be graded based on quality, creativity and originality. 

• Don't forget - Submissions earn your division points toward the 2019 Div Cup! Encourage your squad mates to post!
  • This topic will close August 27th @ 11:59pm EST. Copy and paste the template below. Good luck!

Gamertag:

Division:

The one thing I want to be the best at:

Why:

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Kratos18 

Division: LS

The one thing I want to be the best at: My job

Why: I always want to excel more at what I do. I have patients lives in my hands and each time I walk in the door I want to do the best that I can for them. Working in dialysis is tough and something new is always coming out, if I keep excelling then I'm improving on how I take care of my patients.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI MeShell 7

Division: DM

The one thing I want to be the best at: Public Speaking

Why: If you know me on Xbox you would think I'm this loud and outgoing individual. However, I'm actually very shy and sometimes outspoken. Ever since I was young I've hated public speaking and was always afraid to give school presentations or speak up in class, and it went all through college. Even to this day I get nervous giving presentations - I was so nervous to give my Master's Defense about 9 months ago and practiced maybe 50 times! 

I want to be the best at public speaking because it would make me feel like a more confident person. I wouldn't be afraid to speak up and ask questions at work. Even in Xbox parties I get nervous during times and am afraid to say something. Not being scared to speak up would change my life. 

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Jamcam

Division: WD

The one thing I want to be the best at: I detail cars, have been learning more but I’d love to do simonizing. At a body shop we don’t have time to do full details on cars. I’m hoping to open my own business in the couple of years to come. 

Why: It will benefit my career and enable more opportunities to make money, and establish the life I want. Buy a house and stack that money. 

Awards

Gamertag:  KSIDntAskImAwfl 

The one thing I want to be the best at: Loving Others

Why: This world is so full of hurting people.  Whether its due to loneliness or due to life being brutal, people are hurting.  I'm awkward and very unsure of myself so I don't fit in a lot of places socially. When I go out I people watch a lot. I look for that person who just seems to need a smile and a kind word. Whether it's the cashier at McDonalds or the homeless man sitting on the boardwalk. I want to be that person that stays up all night for someone who just needs a human body in this world that wants to listen to them. One of the worst feelings in life is to be in a very crowded world and still feel all alone.

Sometimes though, I am so caught up in my own life situations that I miss opportunities to help someone and I miss the chance to let them know I care. Everyone deserves to be held when they are hurting and I want to be a lot better at doing this.

On Discord I sign off with the cookie and the hug emoji a lot because I don't ever want anyone to go hungry or to not have a hug when its needed. I simply want to do what I can to help this world heal, one person at a time. To do that I need to love others better,  I want my life to;

1. "Speak Hope"

2."Speak Love"

3. "Speak life"

"In every encounter we either give life or we drain it; There is no nuetral exchange"  Brennan Manning 

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Jynxie 7

Division:Eternal Souls

The one thing I want to be the best at: Being a Mom

Why:Growing up having a mother who I was a burden to I got got experience plenty of negativity. Now that I have a wonderful daughter of my own, I want to soak in all her hugs, steal more morning cartoons and snuggles on the couch than ever, and sneak those silly sweet snacks we shouldn't be eating before dinner. More that that I want her to know that any moment she can ask me anything or express her feelings and that there isn't any judgement of what she says to me but rather someone who honestly cares about what she has to say. To be the mother that inspires her to do great things rather than to dread to be like me. To be that mother that encourages rather than belittles, who always reminds her to be her true self, and to hold herself at a high value. Afterall she is one of a kind and I made her from scratch.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI VENUM 7

Division: All of DW

The one thing I want to be the best at: Letting Go of Toxic People in my life 

Why: We all have that person or people we can’t say no to mine happens to be an ex of mine. For the longest time she could do wrong in my eyes even when it was staring me directly in the face I never seen her do wrong even though she truly was. Everyday was a new struggle or a new fight or argument an I’d find myself apologizing for things that I never did. Until it all culminated about 8 to 9 months ago when she just utterly left me no choice but to say enough was enough. Because you can only shed tears so much, you can only wish that’d be over so much, an you can only hope that you won’t be here for much more time. All because of one person who puts you down constantly an just out right damages you emotionally an mentally an those things over time definitely makes you feel lower than dirt in between the grooves of shoes. So I had to end it because I knew what I was feeling wasn’t right because those things that I felt weren’t me. Now along these 8 or 9 months I’ve talked to her an even though she said she’s changed I see otherwise I used to see someone who I thought was my happily ever after but now I see her for she truly is an that’s a person who’s only out for herself. But I know I must cut her out of my life permanently because I know it’s the right thing to do.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Meliodas (KSI SN1P3RB0552)

Division: ES

The one thing I want to be the best at: Becoming a better Leader, Mentor, and Member.

Why:

The reason I choose more than one and the words the topics that I chose is because of the fact that I have been in KSI for a good amount of time. 4 year track record not including fluffing and re-recruitment. I personally have seen many come and go, vanish, poached, betrayed, and some that are still strong and well here. I have worked my way up as far as GEN and continued to see growth, compromise, and failures. It is sincerely heart breaking to watch but that brings me to my first word as "Leader".

I started my Leadership interest since I chanced my gamer tag to reflect KSI like everyone else but didn't get the sheer pressure of leadership until I hit Lieutenant (LT). we had lost our Gen and I was losing my closely loved officers in arms to choices that differed to the benefit of not only the squad but the DIV putting the squad into disarray causing me to step up my game on multiple fronts and taking well over what my LT roll required. I had finally made it to gen with little training, practically no 7's for guidance or mentoring, and a dead squad I was determined to get back up and running. I did manage to jump start the squad back to its feet but I was not trained and mentored the right information needed to keep me in the position I was in and I felt like I could have done better if I knew what needed to be known and how exactly to go about things. I mentored people who will be brought up in the next word as "Mentor"..

While I was getting the squad of ANGELS back to its working functionality it wasn't easy doing every job as the only officer in the squad for a solid 1-2 years but along that raw time I have got to meet many people who were both former officers, new officer, as well as current officers who who are no longer within ANGELS staff but along those times I mentored any and all that I could with what little information I had and could obtain to help not only me but the squad. 2 officers stood out the most to me KSI Nagisa (who is now current Gen of the now prospering squad of ANGELS) and KSI DIRTYMAX90 (an officer who is no longer within KSI but was a very dedicated officer at his time) these two had taken a lot into consideration and helped me get the squad going when I thought all hope was lost. I game them all the information that I could and they shot up the ranks like no tomorrow. I mentored as best as I could even until I had to step down and pass the torch. I look at what is happening now and it has become a domino affect with not only the squad but the DIV. I keep eyes on what happens and yes there are things I wish I taught them. I feel I could have done better as a mentor but failed to do so. I want to continue motivating current, new, and future members to take the reins and step up to the plate as members to officer bringing me to my next and final word of "Member".

Being a Member you see lots of things that the officers and up actually don't get to see since most of the time they are busy. I've don't my research and seen all sides don't worry. but for me I believe I could have been a better member all round. I have never been the best member nor will I ever be. I wish I participated more, I wish I was their for other members more, I wish I wasn't such a hot headed rebel who did nothing but cause problems because he didn't like how things were going, and I wish I included more members in many activities and conversations. I personally have failed as a member and I believe I could have done better. I am one of the causes on why ES has not been or have been the bESt. one day I hope to get better but its not going to be easy.

throughout my KSI career I look back and see nothing but few accomplishments and more disappointments and one member can make all the difference if he/she/or they just try. I obviously didn't try hard enough. I just… could have done better. That’s why I want to excel as a returning officer and a current member with in KSI.

Sincerely: KSI Meliodas (AKA: KSI SN1P3RB0552) career 12-12-15 to current date.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI WHISKEY82

The one thing I want to be the best at: Conflict Resolution

Conflict, the word alone has such a negative connotation to it. It simply means two or more passionate opposing points of view clashing to see which is accepted. Conflict, although often necessary, can be uncomfortable on a human level and downright destructive on a global one. From friends lost to wars waged, when involved in a conflict neither side comes out unscathed in some way. If I could be the best at anything in the world, I'd want to be the best at conflict resolution. Id like to wield my intellect as a superpower and convince governments and friends alike to stand down and have rational conversations enveloping qualities such as compassion, honesty, transparency, forgiveness and perhaps most importantly compromise. Conflict often brings to mind negative things such as violence, war, anger, selfishness and a slew of other words that are just plain hurtful. I love people and cultures both ancient and new, what an honor it would be to help preserve the integrity of both with just a simple conversation. To find that common ground and promote peace and equality. To see bitter rivals choose to help one another rather than to hurt one another. It'd be a never ending adventure discovering commonalities and cultivating love and trust between two conflicting parties. Perhaps the world would even be a better place.

Awards

KSI GodLevel

SL

I want to be the best driver in the world 

I love to drive and always race and if I ever had the chance I would become the world's best all around driver. Win some competitions and retire and build my own garage.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Skarzx 77

Division: Director

The one thing I want to be the best at: Besides being the Best Father, I would like to have the best basketball shooter in the world

Why: As you can tell from the way basketball in the NBA is played today, 3 point shooters are the premium assets. I would love to be able to shoot from anywhere and be a threat. This mainly derives because in real life i shoot poorly :(. But Ray Allen, Steph Curry , etc are amazing at it and i would love to be in that caliber if possible. 

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Trixie 

Div: DM

The one thing I want to be the best at: PVP

Why:

To be the best 

If I could choose to be the best at anything,  then I would choose pvp in first person shooter games. I am constantly plagued with hate mail due to my lack in being able to land a bullet. I can easily outline a body with my less than stellar weapon, but can I hit a person within 1 foot of me? The answer is sadly, no. I get responses like, "Do you even have your eyes open," or "why do you even bother with this game?" Sadly, my eyes were wide open when I got that .27 kdr. I am staring at the screen while shooting the wall behind my enemy. I'd like to blame it on problems with my internet or controller, but it comes down to lack of skill.

I am the person picked last for teams. The girl sitting on the sideline hoping to one day shine like a superstar. Unfortunately,  Destiny 2 has made it vital that I play crucible in order to have the best guns or the best armor, so I press on through the negativity to reach my goal.

I do appreciate my fellow gamers pointing it out so kindly,  though. In an alternate reality, I am the one at the top of the list. I am the one with a 4.0 kdr shining in the light for all to see. I walk with my head held high, and my team looks in awe at the greatness that I am. One day, maybe with practice....who am I kidding? I don't have a shot in hell of being good! Will I ever play on head hunters? No, not unless it is minecraft. 

Awards

KSI Daddy1246

DM

Making her smile.

it seems small and insignificant. And may not be KSI related. But I feel that making your SO smile is one of the best things in life. Seeing her smile makes my day brighter and my heart feel lighter. I look forward to seeing her smile as many times as I can.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI FadeZ 7

Division: Divine Warriors

The one thing I want to be the best at:Self Care

Why: honestly i have a habit of putting everything and everyone before myself. i rarely take breaks from anything and i try to take on as much as i can. i always have a mindset that ill have time to rest later so why bother now. thing is when you do that you never get too the later. id just like to be a little better at taking care of myself so im not as fatigued effected sometimes.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Nagisa

The one thing I want to be the best at: being a better person..

i could answer this in alot of ways of what i want the to be the best at i could have put down being a good leader.. or gen or even working on my ksi stuff but in all honestly  i want to become a better person..

ive always tried to be the best i ever could be in my life from treating others how i want to be treated i put others before of myself ive given so much towards others but in the end i usely get back stabed betrayed..

idk i could go on for a while on my topic but in all honestly i just want to become a better person than i am today.. 

- Nagi

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Barb130

The thing I want to be the best at is showing/expressing the compassion I feel. If something horrible is happening in someone's life it always seems I don't have the right words to say.  "that sucks" or "I'm so sorry" just seem so cliche and robotic. I feel for the person and I want to make it all better but I can't.  Maybe that is what I really should be the best at: Accepting that I can't always make things better and sometimes the best you can do is be there.  I still feel I should be able to say something... 

Awards

Gamertag: KSI DCRUNK

Division: SL

The one thing I want to be the best at: Relaxing

Why: 

It seems like I never get to relax with the events takimg in my place (not talking about KSI). Its hard to relax as a teacher knowing there is something that always needs to be done. Whether it's lesson planning, teaching, figuring out how to engage an apathetic student, grading papers, or coaching/getting ready for an athleticnevent, there is always something that needs to get done. Playing Xbox and gaming with other KSI members is relaxing but with a two year old who likes to scream it is kind of hard to relax. He is always getting into something for sure. It is also gard to relax because I'm havimg issues with my lower back muscles spasming. It would be nice to be the best at relaxing and not have to stress as much.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Hatter 77

Division: Eternal Souls

The one thing I want to be the best at: Being a Leader within the community

Why: Right now, this is not a strong suit of mine, in my eyes at least. I feel that I could better myself in this aspect to make our Division stronger. My downfall is that I expect greatness from my members, but I don't go about saying it in the means that grants greatness. I come off as harsh and brash when it comes to expecting excellence, instead of understanding. I don't always catch this either. I've been told that the "mom side" comes out when talking to members about the community or situations that happen in our Div. This needs to be reined in and fixed so to speak. Making our Division better starts at the top, and that would be me. If I fail at bettering myself, then I fail them, and failure is not an acceptable choice. So, bettering myself as a Leader, becoming more understanding, less rough around the edges, not taking on so much, and just continuing to be "one of the guys" is how I plan to do this.

There is no exception to the rule of being a "Great and Strong" Leader. I want my members to look up to me, go "Yeah she's our Leader and she's awesome". At this point of the game, I can bet a million dollars that that's not the story at hand. I want our Div to be proud to have me in a Leadership position, and not grimace everytime my name is mentioned. I know that you can't make everyone happy, but the majority is what I strive for. BE LOUD AND PROUD!  

Awards

Gamertag: KSI YeetQueen 

The one thing I want to be the best at: Curing cancer 

Why: Thousands of people a year die from cancer. There is treatment to help cure or suppress the cancer but majority of the time people still die from this. I lost my dad when I was 5 to cancer so this is something very close to me. If I was the best at curing cancer then there would be less upset in the word. Young children wouldn’t be left without a family member due to cancer. Cancer is something that many people don’t like to talk about, however it’s a world wide problem and if I was the best a curing cancer, it would be no more!

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Torch096 

The one thing I want to be the best at: Boyfriend 

Why:My girlfriend goes above and beyond for me every chance she can, always looking out for me and my family. She pushes me to be a better person every day and supports me in everything I do as well as all my choices. She means the absolute world to me and each day I strive to be the best man for her and give her the friendship and love back tenfold she gives to me.

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Nezu

The one thing I want to be the best at: Drawing

Why: its a hand hobby/talent to have

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Codyo

The one thing I want to be the best at: inventor 

I would like to be the person, who invents the next world changing program. I’m not jealous of Bill Gates, because of his money. It would be his mind.

Edited by KSI Codyo

Awards

Gamertag: KSI Azrael5509

The one thing I want to be the best at: Leadership

Why: I have worked different jobs in the past, and the leaders or managers are the first thing new hires see.  When someone is new they want to know how their leader is in order to gauge what the feeling in the room is; so to speak. When the people that have been there for awhile warn the new people about the leaders in a negative manner it puts a bad taste in their mouth, and they might automatically start looking for a new place to work or go. The ones in leadership roles are the face of the organization. They are the ones that can make you enjoy the time you spend with them or make you dread every minute. Thats why i want to excel at leadership so that everyone feels like family. I personally believe no leader should ask someone to do something if they themselves aren't willing to do it. "Teamwork makes the dreamwork"

Awards

Gamertag:KSI M3NTALIST 7

The one thing I want to be the best at: being a father

Why: Now this is an interesting one, I have two wonderful children who may I add are my life and world. I wasn't there for either birth (i know scum bag right lol but there is more). I met my daughter when she was 4 months old and from then on I knew I had to step up and be a dad, now meeting my son was a little more complicated but when I did get involved in his life he was 4 and i instantly had a bond and my children had a father figure. For the time I missed with my children I apologise to them them daily but I strive to be the best dad I can be and it all makes it worth while when I hear my children say those immortal words of I LOVE YOU DAD 

Awards