KSI Global
KSI DntAsk 7

Please Tell Me WHY

That's right, I'm getting nosy. I want to know WHY.  I mean, WHY should you keep it a secret? WHY should you be the only one that knows? WHY wouldn't you want to tell me? Are you picking up on what I might be asking from you? 

THATS IT!!

I want to know your WHY in KSI

What's a WHY

Your KSI WHY statement is something that clearly expresses your unique contribution and impact to KSI. The impact reflects the difference you want to make in KSI, and the contribution is the primary action that you take towards making your impact.

Why a WHY:10_wink:

Inspiration is never enough to keep you going when things get hard or when you lose momentum and feel like giving up in KSI. You must have something that is going to motivate you to push passed the obstacles and challenges when they arise in KSI. Anybody can start, but not everyone will finish what they set out to do. The most successful people succeed because they are clear on their WHY.

Understanding what drives and motivates us in KSI can completely change the trajectory of our KSI experience. When you are clear on your KSI WHY it enables you to focus your efforts on what matters most, compelling you to take risks and push forward despite the obstacles and hurdles that may arise in KSI. Because when you know your WHY you can endure any how.:35_thinking:

How to express your WHY:

To begin outlining your KSI WHY statement you have to think about what it is you want to contribute to KSI. Once you’ve identified your contribution to KSI you have to figure out what you want the impact of your contribution to be.

For Example

KSIDntAskImAwfl's KSI WHY STATEMENT:

I would like to see more member retention of those who fall through the cracks at the beginning of their KSI experience. I feel I can do this by reaching out to members who might be to shy or confused to contact someone when they have a question or need in KSI.  Because of this, they limit there exposure to other members and parties and then eventually fall away. I would like to be able to see and identify such members and reach out to them and take them along side so that they have one more avenue to help integrate till comfortable. 

Honestly, it wasn't hard and now it's your turn. Please think about everything written here and share your KSI WHY statement. 

Awards

My WHY Statement:

Having been here so long and seeing things throughout KSI, up and down the ranks, I found my WHY pretty quickly. It was when I got up to Captain status. That is, I'm here for the members. I want to show them the fun and amazing friendships I have made here, and continue to make. Regardless of what rank I am, that is what I want to achieve always. It may sound crazy to a brand new recruit that we're like a family, but it's true. Maybe a crazy and dysfunctional one at times, but still. I cherish and love my KSI friends through and through, aka, a large majority of the members. 

Awards

“I joined KSI to see what a gaming community was all about. Starting to know people more, I began to feel a bond that couldn’t be broken even when I wasn’t in the community. At this point, I realized there are some amazing members in KSI. The main reason I remain in KSI now is that I love helping people and making a difference. You can do this at any rank in the community.” We Help You do you see my WHY!! 

Awards

I joined KSI because the moment that I met the members, they welcomed me like family. People were there for me when I needed to vent or needed to goof off in a party. Watching how they impact each others lives, how each day someone for no reason at all reaches out and helps another. Whether it is needing a team mate for a game, a staff member for advice, or just someone to chat to about nothing at all. These people I met a year ago have become like family to one another, and while sitting on the sidelines it makes me happy to watch how they lift one another up in their struggles and triumph together as a team.  The importance of each and every member to one another, how we arent just another number or statistic but rather a brother and sister.

Awards

My why is very simple really; over all the years ive been in KSI its always been a safe, fun place to meet people and play games. It was always there in hard times in my life and Ive always wanted to offer that to our members. What drives me to do what I do in KSI is being able to contribute the most I can to bring to others what KSI has done for me.

Edited by KSI RiiOT 7

Awards

Ima be honest, I joined KSI for selfish reasons. Due to injury in the past I'm not able to work like most people can so my days got very long lonely depressing and boring. Self worth was fleeting at best. I was  a confident man in charge and having all that change very suddenly was rough on me. I gained weight because I could no longer work out and depression makes ya not really care. One by one my friends stopped coming around because I wasn't capable of doing much. KSI for me, at first, was just a way to meet new people to game with. I was doing a strike one day and appreciated the way my teammates played, stopping often to pick me up, and never leaving me behind. I messaged each after the strike " good game fellas, thank you" and that's when i noticed their KSI prefix. They in turn invited me to a party and we just chatted for hours, eventually I asked what KSI stood for and that's when my world changed.

After joining I stayed about 6 months working my way up to LT. I had some issues that I saw and it was very difficult to have patience and faith in my leaders at that time and as a result I left. A few months later someone from KSI reached out to me letting me know those issues had been resolved and i begrudgingly came back, and boy am I glad I did.

Since rejoining I took a deep interest in KSI, and it has rewarded me many many times over. Everyone in my life has noticed a difference in me. I'm more patient, loving and I care about people and their stories. I have a purpose here and a family. You see, before KSI I was so angry at what had been taken from me with my injuries that I was bitter, growing ever more selfish, destructive, closed off  and irritable. I didn't feel like I mattered or belonged. Coupled with a few bad relationships and custody battles and the fact that I had gotten fat quickly which was extremely embarrassing and uncomfortable and a hell of a blow to my pride. My friends Jason Jordon and Katherine ( who you all know as KSI EZED24 KSI SLOPPYXJ42 and KSI Siren82 )  have talked me off the ledge many a time over the years prior to KSI. This organization and my lovely wife, KSI Trixie, changed all that for me. Sure, Ive made mistakes and been blinded with nonsense on my KSI journey, some even quite serious requiring immediate amends and a major adjustment to my mentality and outlook. Growth is a struggle and a journey and the strong keep on keepin on and it's easier with a sense of purpose and the amazing people Ive met here. I dont talk much about times prior to KSI, because I hate how weak minded I was and how easily i was defeated by a few curveballs. Life humbles, thats for sure. But screw it, maybe someone reading this will feel less alone, or see the value in a family such as ours. So Ima stay humble and not delete a single word.

Thats a lot I wrote and I'm sorry for that, but my why is predicated on all those things. Im not here to see how far up the ranks I can climb. Its not a personal challenge or a hubris thing. Im not here to be Mr Popular or have the most likes on my forums account. I'm here because KSI  gave me something wonderful, you all gave me something wonderful. KSI gave me a new outlook on life and the people in it. Taught me to be patient and kind and empathetic towards other ppls needs instead of just feeling like Im owed because life screwed me once. KSI gave me a purpose and a ton of new ppl who are kind caring and interested in the same things as I am. I'm here to give that to the next person who may need a helping hand or an understanding ear. Same as it was given to me. People here have been more than patient with me, my 7s never gave up on me even when I was at my worst. And they're still here, hell I think were even becoming friends lol December gave me a really exciting opportunity as an  editor in the News Dept that keeps me busy and is something I can feel good about and TexAngel is someone i consider a great friend and who I love dearly. Some of yall I'm just getting to meet and know on a more personal level, and I'm excited about that too. Everyone here is my why. And I'm grateful for each of you.

Awards

Wow. Tbh, I never expected so much from so many great members. It is my hope that through each of your comments so far other members might see something in themselves and the comments help them with their WHY. You all are incredible, from the shortest to the longest. Hopefully we can keep members talking about their WHY. thank you all. @KSI Joe 7 @KSI xKamikaze @KSI Jynxie 7 @KSI Harleygirl @KSI RiiOT 7 @KSI WHISKEY82

Awards

I joined KSI under the assumption that I'd be meeting some amazing people, having people to hang out with, and just having a great time.. Over the past 6 years my WHY has changed from, Having a place where i can enjoy myself to giving other people a fun and safe place to relax and meet new friends. For awhile I lost my why and was just kinda rolling with the flow but I am and forever will be here for the members.

Awards

Well I originally joined KSI because my husband did and I figured I would need to join, too, if I wanted more time with him. I didnt expect much from it. I mean I was joining a gaming community. As I stayed, I learned to love this community. I have gotten to know so many on a personal level that I never expected. I have people I have never met that I call my friends.  This community has become bigger than gaming. I couldnt imagine my life without KSI now. There are people I know I can count on in a heartbeat for any reason. I had gone through a big change in my life and had more free time. KSI filled that hole in my life and gave me a new purpose and new goals. It was what I needed exactly when I needed it. I'm grateful for that and for the friends I have made. Thank you all of you for making me feel welcome and giving me a place to call home. 

Awards

My KSI WHY

Back when I first was recruited years ago (2012 I think), I often times thought to myself,  "Awesome! I'll always have someone to play games with!" Considering I was mainly an outsider on basically everything that was rather selfish. My thought patterns and methods of doing things are sometimes (or always, depends on your perspective lol) off kilter? As my time progressed I started to come to a very quick understanding that we are a FAMILY. Regardless of Division, Squad, rank/title or otherwise. I often times asked myself, and even still recently, "Why do I bother?" for seemingly stupid reasons and even for irl. I've literally lost everything before and I'm still picking up the pieces to this day, so now days it's kinda "what more do I have to lose?" Especially when you could lose irl in a split second and to be completely lost. Frankly I'm posting this up because of one specific person who helped me realize a few things, @KSI Uppish.

1) It's not all about being accepted or denied, it's actually having the courage to remain and stay strong through the ups and downs.

2) Even though where I'm used to I can't be (for now), that has no relevance. Because honestly, I am where I want to be and have always remained, with my Family, here in KSI. Regardless if I have a console or not. 

3) Even after so long... there are still great, amazing, wonderful people here within KSI who take the initiative and put in the effort to make sure others are feeling accepted, and welcomed warmly into the family. To simply be there and answer their questions, so members can have proper understanding and guidance to accomplish what they set out to do.

Later on during my previous time here I began thinking "I want to be a General of my own squad! To help all my members excel and become leaders!" back when I got promoted to being a SGT, when in reality, I started to lose myself, I lost my path and constantly came back to the same everlasting question "What do I really want to do and what do I want to be known as for when people look at me? Hear about me? And see me?" To be completely honest, I'm still not 100% sure if I fully understand my own "why" essentially, but the things I do know for a fact; I am known as Family here like everyone else. And I possess the capabilities that I have been taught to succeed. Even if it's not what's immediately available, and frankly that's all that matters. Don't get me wrong, rising up the ranks is not my primary goal, it is only secondary.  My primary goal is to be here for my KSI family and to help any way I can.

4) Family is always there for you, Family supports you, Family helps guide you, much like @KSI Uppish @KSI CheddarBob7 @KSI NOTORIOUS 7 have for myself and many many others. I personally believe my "why" statement is way overdue. Because I remember something similar to this years ago when I was crawling across forums. Coming back after so long, it's a bit of a struggle to get back into the swing of things. Especially when you don't even feel like you belong anymore. (I know I belong here somewhere, please don't misunderstand that sentence). But when I look at all the new members here, I get a sense of "I want to help, I want to be here for them if they need me" just like everyone was for me when I joined.

Basically that is what drives me to continue pushing forward and trying to at least do something even at minimum being here until I get a console again, because this family has never turned it's back on me. And I never want to turn my back on this Family. I keep thinking back to how the past was, and how this future is and it's so different. So my advice to anyone out there is, "don't give up, even if it looks bleak, there will ALWAYS be something for you, just give it time. EVERYTHING takes time. But more importantly, don't lose yourself in waves that crash up against you. Focus on what you truly enjoy, whether it's hanging out at gamenights or making GamerPics for Graphics. I don't even know if I've fully found myself again or if I'm different... I'm sure I'm going to re-read this one day, and think to myself "Wow, what in the world was I thinking?" just for how much things have changed. And I know some of you all others will probably do the same, but don't lose sight. Your KSI Family is worth it, really and truly. This family, is worth staying apart of. Even if you have some issues, just stick it through and in the end you'll be like me. Grateful that your family has had your back like it's had mine. No matter how long you stray away.

~Trim

My Why:

Joining KSI in 2017 I was only concerned with going up in rank. Mind you I was coming out of a long successful stint in DC Universe where I was a co-head of the best group on Xbox and I wanted to grind again. But soon after I began to actually enjoy being in KSI and the comraderie that comes with that. From there on I became about those around me, in the sense that I will take the punches for you, I will teach you everything I know in any pace you can learn it and always be available. I have also wished KSI was more informative on what is expected of a rank and what are the guidelines to operate in. It is something that has driven me and led to some of my best contributions to this community and now im less concerned about my status or my rank and more concerned with doing what's best for the members and leader's coming up now. If you ask anyone who has spent time learning from me , my goal will forever be "Make you better than I ever was; Make you better today then you were yesterday" . 

Awards