SYTYCW May 2021

KSI Tea 7

This month participants may answer 1 of 2 prompts! Please feel free to leave us with any feedback or suggestions in the thread above:

1.What's your favorite game to play to relax and why?

2. What is one thing you would like to see implemented into the community? How will this benefit the community?

Note: You are free to write however much you like, but it must be a minimum of 200 words or two paragraphs 

So I’m just going to say it right here right now. Minecraft if my favorite game to play and relax. I'm going to explain why with three reasons. 

Once I get home from work it's so nice to just plop myself onto my bed, boot my Xbox up, and log onto Minecraft. The stress of the work day and the craziness of my life just seams to melt away with every block I break. 

Minecraft is super easy, meaning it truly doesn't require much thinking or anything that other Games might require you to do. Minecraft in all honesty is just simple and it allows for anyone of any age to play without trouble. 

The Game of Minecraft allows you to play with friends and family, but it also allows for solo play. Truly this game allows for a friendly environment, filled with Adventure and crafting. Being able to share the experience with friends and family make it even more worthwhile. 
Inoculation I'd just like to say this is why Minecraft is my go to stress relief. Any time I’m feeling down Minecraft is there. It allows me to relax and enjoy myself.

Minecraft Block Game
Written By: KSI MU5ikMXR

Dirt, Sand, Iron, Glass.
You adventure out as you pass.
Cobble, Jungle, Birch, Gold.
Exploration never get's old.

Trees, Apples, Levers, Bricks.
One of these turns to Sticks.
Buttons, Torches, Doors, and Stone.
These are your friends; You're not alone.

Cows, Sheep, Horses, Pigs.
Be careful of bushes; Berries not figs.
Stairs, Slabs, Planks, and Wood.
Creeper, Aw Man. Nevermind, all good.

Minecraft Mind
Written By: KSI MU5ikMXR

The very thought of building with blocks is nothing new. Lego, for instance, is something that we have probably played with as kids. In doing so we have developed our minds to build one block at a time. This thought process is no different in Minecraft. The ability to change what block you use can also change the way that the build is viewed as. If a house were made of dirt, it wouldn't be as impressive as a house made of wood and cobblestone for instance. It is the very essence of being in control of building which helps to set loose our minds. Without Minecraft, I wouldn't be where I am today. I love the game. I love how there are many different variations of wood. The color of wool makes beds more vibrant. There are so many things you can do in Minecraft. This is why I like it as it helps to relax me. I think you'll like it too.

Edited by KSI MU5ikMXR

The Wonders of the ARK Mind

I think Ark is the best game to relax because you can build your own settlement and army in the same game and if your a Jurassic park addict like me then you will definitely love it!!!!!!!

I built my own settlement several times but you can also build a green house and making your dinosaurs fight for you and its really easy to level up, the tech dynos are really cool cause they light up and are super colorful. your dynos can also collect way more materials for you by just using them to hit the rocks or trees for you and you can build faster. it takes a little more time to get your materials to get your stuff to build your settlement but it looks way cool.  Ark is a little more complex then Minecraft.  but if you like cool texture and are looking for something a little more complex then Minecraft this is the game for you. if your looking for something simple and just to play music and build easy stuff then Minecraft is the game for you. but i choose ark  Because i like Dinosaurs. it looks so real too.

I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL LIKE ARK BEACAUSE YOU CAN WORK AS A TEAM AND THATS AWESOME.

That Benefits the Community Into Working Together As A Team.

Written By: KSI TyraTreXxuS

I feel it'll be nice to see maybe a special position or a few more dedicated towards member retention. I know officers do it and stuff but alot have so much on their plate already. I also feel a decent amount tend to slack on it. Member retention is definitely important in KSI as we are all here to just game together and have fun as a gaming community. I think it would truly benefit KSI for the greater good having specific people or positions that focus just on member retention because it'll help people feel more involved as well and make the officers jobs easier. It would be really cool to see that implemented into the community as we all know it becomes an issue in some squads due to people being busy or just not feeling like it. There's quite a bit that end up leaving or staying MIA because they don't truly feel welcomed and I'd like to see that change in KSI because it's a great place to be!  I hope the higher ups put this into consideration because I truly feel it's a great idea. The last thing we ever want is to lose members who feel they arnt fully welcomed. Some people just need to feel more wanted and that they are needed here and if there's a position just dedicated to that then the person in that position can have more time to do it for each member because there's alot!

Thanks, KSI Tripped

Mandatory Sexual Harassment Workshop

One thing I would LOVE to have implemented into the community is a sexual harassment workshop that is REQUIRED to become an officer. There are plenty of female AND males who get sexually harassed within KSI, in their day-to-day lives and gaming in general etc., and from personal experience in the past, a lot of people in an officer corp do not know how to handle situations regarding sexual harassment very well, even if there is effort to help. This is at no fault of their own, and that’s the whole purpose of proposing a workshop to help those people learn to appropriately handle those types of situations. Some people genuinely don’t know how to handle sexual harassment situation properly or efficiently to where it will be beneficial.

This can benefit the community greatly by helping those who are being sexualy harassed feel like they can go to someone and have something actually be done to punish or handle the person that is harassing. Many people feel like they can’t go to someone about it because they are embarrassed, be asked why they didn’t ‘say no’ to defend themselves or block them or they think that it isn’t a big deal, but in reality, it’s a big deal. I feel like a lot of people, including myself have or have had a fear of talking to a higher up about harassment, because of being embarrassed about it, or being asked why we didn’t defend ourselves, and not knowing how to answer. This is also an issue because; EVERYONE should feel safe going to their officer corp or 7s staff, and feel like they will be heard and something will be done. If those people who are harassing get away with it with one person, they think they can get away with everyone else. Which for obvious reasons is not okay whatsoever. Personally, I’ve been in a position where I was being harassed by someone almost ten years older than me. He would constantly message me on Discord, and somehow got my phone number from someone and would text me if I ignored him on Discord. Being a general at the time, and that person being in my squad, I felt as if I couldn’t say anything to higher ups about it because of that and felt as if I was being dramatic about it, thinking it wasn’t a big deal. At one point he followed me into every party I was in and some friends I had had noticed it and said something to me about it. I mentioned the constant texting to them and they made me realize that it was NOT okay. At that point I went to the higher ups and he got a warning. This was probably over the course of a month, and no one else should have to endure the harassment and borderline stalking that myself and plenty of others have encountered. 

People may say; “oh why don’t you just tell them to leave you alone or screw off?” That’s a tricky one. Of course some people CAN just stand up for themselves and get the person off their back, but some people(my past self included) have a hard time with confrontation. They don’t want to hurt people’s feelings, even though they know it isn’t okay. Especially these days, it’s so normalized for people to be sexually harassed, and it’s so common that people don’t realize as much, even when it’s so clear!  These are multiple reasons why it is CRUCIAL that we make mandatory Sexual Harassment workshops to educate those who may get harassed or educate people on how to handle those situations. KSI should be a safe place for EVERYONE to have fun and make friends, not somewhere people are afraid to socialize or even leave KSI all together because they don’t want to be harassed.

Thank you for considering my suggestion, and please feel free to contact me via Discord anytime :)

~KSI AppBap 7