June 2021 SYTYCW

KSI Tea 7

This month participants may answer 1 of 2 prompts! Please feel free to leave us with any feedback or suggestions in the thread above:

1.If you seen a real alien, who is the first person you would tell and why?

2. Who in the community would you consider your Mentor and why? Explain what they do and what they have taught you!

Note: You are free to write however much you like, but it must be a minimum of 200 words or two paragraphs 

For starters, seeing as I have been around for awhile, I would like to recognize a few people I considered to be my mentors over the past 9 years.

KSI Paratroop 7 -

I met Paratroop within my first few days of joining KSI. As a new member in KSI, meeting my General for the first time was a little nerve racking. But boy was I wrong. He was a super laid back guy, and was extremely friendly with everyone. Even with that said, as nice as he was, he most definitely had that “Big Dog” presence in any party he was in. He was respected by members and leaders alike, no matter where he was. 

What I learned from Paratroop was to be “That Guy” everyone looks up to, and wants to be like. He inspired me to start climbing the ranks and begin my career here in KSI. I'm thankful for his guidance and teachings, and without it, I really do believe I wouldn't be half the leader I am today. 

KSI Skarzx 77 -

Fast forward a few years, and after a rollercoaster of a ride in KSI, I ended up in Sovereign Legacy. This is where I had the pleasure of meeting Skarzx. I had heard about him from a few of my peers, but had not had the opportunity to sit down with him. I had that chance when SL was born. The hype Skarzx brought to the room was amazing. We were all extremely uneasy about starting a new division, but Skarzx never wavered. He only saw success. He was a man of many crowns, full of compassion, knowledge, and a drive that is hard to match. 

What I learned from Skarzx was to never give up. To never show weakness in front of those who look up to you. He taught me alot of what I know about KSI, both past and present. He taught me that it's ok to fail, but what's important is what you do after. 

There are many who I would list here, but honestly it's a lot to remember. However, these members were the ones who had the biggest impacts on me. I will forever be grateful to them, and will always have the utmost respect for them. 

If I saw an alien, the first person I would tell is probably my brother. The fact we grew up together. He could tell if I was lying about it or not. Plus he knows how tired I am of watching videos of UFOs.

So if I randomly contacted him, saying I saw an alien. Im sure his first question would be "what did it look like?" Then "where did you see it at?" Knowing him. He would wanna see it too.

Now if I told him I got kidnapped by an alien. That's a different story. My brother would question why it didn't keep me.

• 2 weeks later...

Throughout my time in KSI I have been in and out of a lot of many squads and divisions and have hated most of the 7s that have been over my squads/divisions, but with that said there are a few people who I can consider an acceptation to that mindset. The first would be @KSI DC 77, since my transfer to SL in mid July 2020 I have had DC as a mentor and he has helped my leadership skills incredibly. You can ask just about any leader back then what kind of member I was and they wouldn't have thought I wouldn't make it past a LT but DC taught me the importance of a stable community to rely on and most of all how to handle situations that I would normally have an outburst at. In addition he helped improve how I speak to members, and how I scout out new recruits with helpful tips he's picked up throughout the years. 

The second person would have to be @KSI Swag 77, he has been the best leader when it comes to actually leading by example (other then DC) at the division wide scale and a community wide level even as a div leader :3 

If I seen an alien the first person I’d tell is my girlfriend. She’s always watched shows about them and is fascinated by them. She’d have a list of questions. She would ask about the color and what it looked like, if it was like the pictures everyone draws or imagine. If it was in a UFO or just hiding in the shadows.

Plus id be freaking out if I seen one so I would need someone to calm me down and just listen to my explanation. She'd probably be upset I was the one the got to experience it instead of her. 

Who in the community would I consider to be a mentor? Honestly where do I begin with this topic. There have been so many people through out the years who I have considered to be a mentor. However, there are only a handful of people who have left a big enough print on my heart to actually remember as mentors. Lets start at the very beginning when I fist joined KSI back in 2015.  My very first teacher was KSI Jessi, she was my general over in DM when Brutal was around. She taught me that it was okay to ask questions. To take notes on what ever I needed. Never be afraid to go to someone if you need help. She taught me what a strong female leader could look like. That being quirky, giggly, and adorable was perfectly fine. That you can still be tough and yet cute as a button at the same time. Jessi was one of the sweetest people I had ever met. Encouraging me to do better and to be better as a person. Dragging me out of my shell little by little. Believing I could be more then just the shy little wall flower I had been. 

There was also KSI Bandit 77, and as much as I dislike what was caused due to her during that time. I can't forget everything she taught me while she was my 7. To be honest she was one of my most memorable mentors in KSI. She was one of the first people to take me under her wing. This woman was a wild card in the deck called KSI. Just her presents alone held such strength with in DM, and amongst the members at the time.  To be fair I don't think there wasn't a person in DM who didn't know her. She showed me what it meant to be present. How to make myself known to a squad. To be honest teaching me how to be the leader I am today. Her influence on my life was bigger then what I'd like to admit. I was a Bandit V2 in everyone's eyes. I fallowed her like a shadow learning all about KSI. How to run workshops, how to run a proper game night, what it meant to put my foot down, and what it meant to take no bull from any one.  She taught me what it meant to be a tough leader, and one who didn't stand for bullies. What she did may not have sat well with a lot of people, but she taught me everything I know. Pushing me harder then anyone else, knowing what I could have been capable of.  

Though I do have one new mentor who I am proud of. Everyone I'm sure already knows who he is, @KSI xKing 77.  Since I came back to KSI, he has been someone to take me under his wing. I felt like a lucky duck to be deemed his Mini Sith. It meant that he acknowledged me as someone worth teaching. Someone he thought could make it all the way up again. His faith in me never swaying. Even when I was going through a lot of rough times, and it felt like the world was stacked against me. He gave me advice that kept me going. When I felt like I wanted to give up on the world, he stood there and was like my post to hold me up. I was his last promotion before he became CEO, and I felt honored by this fact. I never felt more proud of a mentor with in KSI. He taught me what it meant to come out of my shell again, to trust in people again.  He taught me what it meant to put myself out there for others to see me for who I am. He even taught me a few things on apex, but those didn't stick as much as the other things. King was one of the few people who stuck by me when I felt like I didn't have no one. He taught me the true meaning of loyalty, and what it means to be a true friend. What it means to listen as a leader, and be there for your members. 

Each of these mentors had different styles of leading, and each one has a different personality. However, each of them left a hand print on my heart that I can never forget. They all mean something special to me, and I hold dear memories with. Weather they are fantastic or heart breaking. I wouldn't change any of the moments I've shared with these leaders in any way.  I wouldn't be who I am, or know what I know with out any of them. Needless to say, I owe the person I am to them. They each changed my life, changed a part of me, and made me a better person. Even when I felt like I wanted to cut people off, the advice of these leaders held me together. They where the glue to my messed up glitter bombed life. Weather I still talk to them or not. I was and still am proud to have been their pupil.  I just hope I left a hand print on their hearts as much as they left one on mine. 

Edited by KSI Kara 7

I would like to nominate KSI NightGunner

Ever since I started climbing the ranks of KSI SUCCUBUS he has helped guide me to be a better SSGT than I ever thought I would be even going out of his way to make sure I had everything right than letting me do it by myself until something came up or I missed something. He has been a mentor and a friend. He always looks out for the other officers and if something is amiss or they need help they just have to go to him and he'll do his best to help them find a solution. I'm developmentally disabled so he's had to go other things a few times before I get it right but he hasn't gotten angry we even make jokes about things or talk about what I don't understand or sometimes he just wants to know how I am doing offline.

Don't get me wrong KSI Barb and KSI Catfood both have been great and helped with my introduction, enrollment and eventual advancement in KSI but if I had to pick someone among the three for this month it'd have to be KSI NightGunner.