4th July Forums Poll Challenge

Welcome members one and all to the 4th July Forums Challenge!

We at KSI hope that you're having a great weekend celebrating with family and friends whilst seeing some wonderful firework displays, and this leads on to our poll this year. Comment below your most treasured 4th July memory or your most crazy and outlandish memory from this time in previous years.

As reward for taking part in this Forums Challenge you will be given the 4th July 2022 award on your forums profile!!

It’s been the holiday we’ve always celebrated even if we had little to no money, somehow my parents always made it work. They’d always make sure there were things for the kids to mess with as well as bigger things for the adults. It showed me at a very young age that money doesn’t equate to happiness. A holiday I will treasure for the rest of my life. Have a good 4th KSI, stay safe <3

Well seeing as I am canadian I do not partake in 4th of July. But this year we decided to had over to another ksi members house to take part so this would be our first and best experience for 4th of july.

When I was 19, my gf at the times brother was throw little sticks of dynamite in a half empty pool. Water Poop up about a foot. That was first time even being around that kind of stuff. So I thought it was awesome 

Last year my step dad bought a bunch of fireworks and we shot one off in our neiborhood and it was leaning the wrong way when it went off and it went above my neighbors house and went off. Thank god it was only a little one and not a big one. 

I remember when I was about twelve years old I was recovering from a stomach bug I was starting to recover and I was staying at my grandfather's house at the time so he took me out fishing and on the way in to shore we stopped at one more spot and I caught a massive bass that I have mounted on my wall and it is still there to this day

Most Memorable 4th of July was the first year my dad took me to see the fireworks for North East. It was the biggest fireworks display I had seen as a child and it was a great night.

All of my favorite Fourth of July memories happened when I was young. We went up to the lake to see family and we always had a big dinner then fell asleep in hammocks at my great grandparents camp site before they passed. Hasn’t been the same since 

I would say my most treasured 4th of July memory, is my very first time not being afraid of fireworks. From a young age, fireworks always terrified me. I would sit in my dad's lap and he would cover my ears so it wasn't too loud and I would cry every time one went off.

However, I was probably 10 or 11 and I was sitting by my dad when the fireworks started going off and I realized I wasn't scared of them anymore and I could actually enjoy them.

However, now being 23, fireworks scare me at times still lol 

My best July 4th memory is when I went to light 2 mortors at once and one of the tubes fell over on its side and flew towards my buddy and nearly went off on him 

We laughed for days and till this day talk about it lol 

Which brings me to my next point , please be safe people haha

I dont know if this is necessarily a good (crazy) memory or not but when i was around the ages of 6 - 8 i was playing in the front yard of my cousins house while people were shooting off fire works. Well they lit a rocket one (from what i remember) and instead of shooting upwards into the air. It made a direct beeline to me, had to jump out of the way. I almost go hit. 

So yeah. Thats one of my major memories....for some reason. 

Last year we were at my sisters house and we blew mortars up all night long one after the other. Kids from the whole block came by to see them as well as my kid and my niece. we then had a fire and made smores and once the kids fell asleep we sat out drinking and setting off the randoms we had and thats when we learned a lesson that my sisters husband has bad luck with fireworks one blew up and shot the tube through a fence into me it wasnt terrible but we learned no more letting him shoot of fireworks. it was still the greatest day i had in a long time i still have the scar from where it hit me its now a reminder of great times with my family.