KSI Global

August 2022 SYTYCW

Hatter 77

So You Think You Can Write

Topic:

"With schools across the world almost in full swing, what is your favorite class that you have ever attended, and why?"

Everyone within KSI is encouraged to participate in the monthly SYTYCW, as the member's Division that wins earns Div Cup points!

Please be detailed, but don't feel you have to write a novel! A paragraph or two will be sufficient to count as a submission. 

This topic will close on August 31st.

I'd have to say my favorite and least favorite class would be gym class.

I absolutely hated the military styled exercises to start the class before we could do the fun stuff. But I don't think my parents will ever forget the phone call from my principal when I got in school suspension for sleeping on the bleachers during gym class. Or the teachers face when he realized he passed me last year and I was trying to get into better shape before my medication caused me to become an sloth. 

Many years ago when I was in high school my favorite class had to be JROTC. Everything about it was awesome from learning basic drill to the rifle team, camp in the summer time that made you actually feel like you were in basic training and the cadet day where we would do pushups, pull ups, run and tug of war. 

Wearing the uniforms on Wednesday's was probably the only part that was kinda off putting about it a bit only because in the summer it would get extremely hot, but shining that brass on the collars was oddly something I looked forward to doing every Tuesday night. Plus sometimes if u had another elective that you didn't like that much, you could go to JROTC class and they would let you hang out. 

If you asked me this question when I was in High School, my answer would probably be math. I liked the teacher I had and it was actually pretty easy. Now, after getting my associate degrees, my answer would actually be History. 

I had this History class in college, with one of the best professors I've ever had before. I never knew that History could be fun to learn and that I would actually be able to memorize it and talk about what I learned years later. The professor made History class enjoyable and easy to understand. I'm glad I took that class because it changed the way I looked at History. 

If I had been asked this in High School, I would have been irritated and possibly annoyed by the topic. I was not too fond of school because I was randomly thrown into school in my 9th-grade year. I was failing badly and had zero reprieves feeling like I was being sucked into a dark abyss; however, after finishing my active duty contract and being comfortable in the inactive ready reserves and with loads of encouragement from my close friends and family. I started my college degree these past couple of years. I've really enjoyed U.S. History. I'm actually in U.S. History 202 because I enjoyed the last history class so much. History kind of builds empathy because it gives you a small glimpse of how others lived and struggled. It also shows us a better understanding of the world and how we have learned from our mistakes while also inspiring others around us. It's a really cool subject, one I think everyone should take a look at.
-KSI StarFire