March 2023 SYTYCW

Hatter 77

With 1/6 of the year behind us, we welcome in time change and the release of our "Inner Irish". Since Valentines was full of fun and excitement, March brings us a two for one SYTYCW Event! You can answer both questions, as there will be TWO winners for the month of March! 

1. What is your favorite St. Patrick's Day celebration/event that you participate in?

2. What are your plans for the upcoming Spring Break time away from school? 

Everyone within KSI is encouraged to participate in the monthly SYTYCW, as the member's Division that wins earns Div Cup points!

Please be detailed, but don't feel you have to write a novel! A paragraph or two will be sufficient to count as a submission. 

This topic will also be found in the KSI Community Discord server, but only 1 submission per person is allowed! 

This Topic will be opened until March 29, 2023!

1. What is your favorite St. Patrick's Day celebration/event that you participate in? 

My favorite St. Patrick's day thing to do is to go to the local irish bar with friends and family drink green Guiness and play some fun irish games and eat cornedbeef and cabage soup.

2. What are your plans for the upcoming Spring Break time away from school? 

for this spring break my wife and I plan to travel and go camping and hopefully visit her alma mater and the place where we stayed during our hunnymoon.

My inner Irish is always apparent if you saw me the freckles and auburn hair give it away. But my favorite memory of attending a ST Patricks day event was in middle school when we had Irish dancers coming in to do the jigs and hear the bag pipes I always thought it was so cool with all the foot work involved in those dances. I practiced for months afterwards trying to get the steps right. We couldnt afford for me to join the Irish dance team to really learn how it was done but I did my darndest to teach myself. This was nearly 40 yrs ago and I remember it to this day that feeling of awe and inspiration has never gone away when I think back on it!

Spring Break for me will be if the weather cooperates the season to get my flower beds and garden areas cleared up and ready for planting. The semi retirement is going to give me alot more time to get my yard and gardens the way I want. Designing the look and begining to execute it will be how I spend my spring break unless I am out on the river fishing and filling my fridge and freeze with some delicious perch and crappie. Spring has truly arrived when I am able to go fishing and enjoy the wind and waves peacefulness of watching  nature waking up after a long winter!!

What are your plans for the upcoming Spring Break time away from school?

Since I am no longer in Highschool or College, I don't get a real spring break. However, I am taking a week off in May from work to clean and get ready to babysit! Who will I be babysitting, you may ask? My sister's cat, of course! His name is Phantom, and he is a beautiful black cat with a pink nose; I will post photos soon. Besides cleaning for my nephew to come, I will also be working on training for work. If I want to make more money, I have to do the training. So if you see me online just watching tv know I am multitasking! Since my adult life is very dull, ill tell a good spring break story from when I was a kid. My folks saved all their extra money once a year so we could return to Wisconsin, where my dad is from. Dad grew up in a tiny town a few minutes from the Dells. The Dells is a party town with several go-kart tracks, waterparks, theme parks, and silly attractions. Since it was the off-season, it was cheaper, and we got to do everything! I remember going to one Theme park called Mount Olympus. It was by far my favorite, with water rides and roller coasters. One particular, Cyclops, was by far the best rollercoaster there. I think me and my sister rode it about 20 times. Our noses were red from it being so cold. Going back has always been my favorite thing to do. Maybe next year, I will take an actual vacation and return.   

Well with me having some Irish in my blood I plan on having me a drink and celebrating it with my friends and family and as far as what is my favorite celebration event I've ever attended.......... I don't think I have a favorite because I've really never attended anything like that before I usually just stay home and enjoy my life and spend time with my Dear Ole Ma

1. What is your favorite St. Patrick's Day celebration/event that you participate in?

My favorite St. Patrick's celebration/event, I would have to say is when I was a child my mom took my sisters and I to the St. Patrick's day parade and then we went back home and had a awesome cornbeef and cabbage dinner.  The best of the whole day is that is was a fun full day with the family.

My plans for the upcoming school break is spending time with my grandaughter and with the KSI family.

So I don’t know if they have pub crawls everywhere but if they do then you’ll know what talking about. Here in Reno, we have a year St Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl. I go every year with several of my friends from work. It’s a free ride from bar to bar from 8:00pm till 1:00am. We hit about 15 different bars. Being half Irish myself it’s a must to celebrate St Patrick m’s Day every year. To top it off this year my best friend’s band was playing so it was a great ending to a great night. 

Being that I work with special needs high school and young adult students throughout the year. I don’t know if you can imagine how stressful this work can be. As rewarding and fulfilling as this job can be watching our students progress and achieve their goals and dreams. The level of stress felt not just by the teachers and staff but also by the students as well, I can tell you that we all look forward to our breaks lol. This Spring Break I’ll be spending time Spring Cleaning, playing a lot of Xbox and most exciting and fun spending time with my soon to be 14 year old nephew and his soon to be 3 year old sister. No matter how stressful things get they can and will always make me feel better. That’s how I’m spending my Spring Break.