Suggestions for possible New Awards

Awoken Lucifer

• 4 weeks later...

One simple award called  " Stepping up " ,,, awarded monthly to one member/officer of each division for showing vast improvements across all levels of KSI. Rewarding our members for being great is easy , but sometimes it can be difficult to see beyond a cloudy past or a rough beginning . I believe rewarding improvement can only serve to strengthen KSI as a whole .

The " It's So EZE " award. Awarded for tracking down friending and gaming with KSI EZED24 for more than an hour straight. Provable with 2 screenshots at start of game session and one at the end of game session .

Unicorned ,, an award for getting shot in the face with a bow or crossbow by any 7. Must provide screenshot of the arrow sticking out from the head and have the 7 that shot you bare witness.

Edited by KSI WHISKEY

ok. so i have an idea. not sure if it’s already been said but there are 38 pages and i’m hella lazy and i don’t want to read all of them. 

so the idea is a Squad level Outstanding Service award. requirements should be similar the the normal Outstanding Servince. going above and beyond for your squad. witness statements would need to be from officers and 7s directly responsible for your squad. it should be capped at Captain or lower because as far as i’m concerned there is no “Above and Beyond” for a general your responsibility is the health and wellbeing of your squad and you can’t go out of your way to do something you are already suppose to be doing.

18 hours ago, KSI Nevermore said:

ok. so i have an idea. not sure if it’s already been said but there are 38 pages and i’m hella lazy and i don’t want to read all of them. 

so the idea is a Squad level Outstanding Service award. requirements should be similar the the normal Outstanding Servince. going above and beyond for your squad. witness statements would need to be from officers and 7s directly responsible for your squad. it should be capped at Captain or lower because as far as i’m concerned there is no “Above and Beyond” for a general your responsibility is the health and wellbeing of your squad and you can’t go out of your way to do something you are already suppose to be doing.

Outstanding Service lvl 1 can be earned at Sgt. That really covers any squad level Outstanding Service recognition. Thanks for your input though.

• 3 weeks later...

An award for department staff who work the annual Events. It could ne called "Event Staff". I think this would be a nice award to get for helping the community behind the scenes! This could be given for writing articles, t&E and all Departments involved. 

News related awards:

Write 10 articles (Certified author) 

Write 20 articles(Advanced reporter) 

Write 30 articles(Elite writer) 

A once in a life time award, looking at the amount of posts on the forums, this award can only be awarded once. Open to anyone in the community with a KSI Tag

BUT

For the award to be given to one singular person they must have at least 100 reputation on the forums and been in KSI for at least 1 year and hold a KSI tag for 6 months of that.

Award - Millionth post 

Award Called "Second Chances"

Awarded to a member who ranked up to Captain or higher and stayed for a minimum of 3 weeks, had to voluntarily step down to Sergeant then at a later date proved themselves worthy and then ranked back up to a Captain or higher and stayed for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Edited by KSI RogueLSG88

On 6/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, KSI RogueLSG88 said:

Award Called "Second Chances"

Awarded to a member who ranked up to Captain or higher and stayed for a minimum of 3 weeks, had to voluntarily step down to Sergeant then at a later date proved themselves worthy and then ranked back up to a Captain or higher and stayed for a minimum of 3 weeks.

This sort of seems like awarding someone for having to step down, not sure that seems completely positive. 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:52 PM, KSIfiremomma7 said:

OTM instead of a just a SGT HOW ABOUT ADDING A SSGT ALSO

This was already a discussion, the AAP has had. Stay tuned

On 6/25/2019 at 11:50 AM, KSI M3NTALIST 7 said:

A once in a life time award, looking at the amount of posts on the forums, this award can only be awarded once. Open to anyone in the community with a KSI Tag

BUT

For the award to be given to one singular person they must have at least 100 reputation on the forums and been in KSI for at least 1 year and hold a KSI tag for 6 months of that.

Award - Millionth post 

Not sure I get exactly what you mean by this, feel free to explain in more detail.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr/Miss/Ms./Mrs. Friendly-  award (monthly?) for someone who is always in parties with newer members (making them feel welcome) and older members makimg them feel valued). 

Good Listener- helped someone through tough times by listening and talking to them (supports rule 4 of CoC) could stack as well

good  great best, above and beyond, amazing, unbelievable, psychiatrist

Funny Bone- award (monthly?) for someone who is always making people laugh

How about a award by simply being in your Division? Like WD, use the WD header, DL use the header that we already have, possibly make it in to multiple awards. Like being in for 1 month-3 months-5 months ext... 

That way some of are newer member don’t fill left out on awards, also might get them more active on the forums, 

Self nomination award? 

Also could add:

WD DIV-LEADER

WD FOUNDER

WD CO-FO

WD GEN

and so on? Let me know what you think. 

@Airborne

Edited by KSI Countryman

On 7/10/2019 at 2:20 PM, KSI DCRUNK said:

Mr/Miss/Ms./Mrs. Friendly-  award (monthly?) for someone who is always in parties with newer members (making them feel welcome) and older members makimg them feel valued). 

Good Listener- helped someone through tough times by listening and talking to them (supports rule 4 of CoC) could stack as well

good  great best, above and beyond, amazing, unbelievable, psychiatrist

Funny Bone- award (monthly?) for someone who is always making people laugh

Some of these would be very subjective, and not necessarily easy to track or prove. 

37 minutes ago, KSI Countryman said:

How about a award by simply being in your Division? Like WD, use the WD header, DL use the header that we already have, possibly make it in to multiple awards. Like being in for 1 month-3 months-5 months ext... 

That way some of are newer member don’t fill left out on awards, also might get them more active on the forums, 

Self nomination award? 

Also could add:

WD DIV-LEADER

WD FOUNDER

WD CO-FO

WD GEN

and so on? Let me know what you think. 

@Airborne

I like that you are trying to include newer members, but this also kind of takes away from the significance of awarding people a bit. There are several easy to obtain awards. And say we have 2,500 people in the community, then we would have to track these for every single member of the community? Not to mention those that switch divisions, etc. 

It’s not a major award but with the supplemental awards where you have US Army, US marines and so on. As I am British would it possible if we could have one showing our support for the British Army it that’s possible? Thank you 

@KSI UppishB592 oh yeah I know, I was just saying as I am british and their are lot more british members with in KSI than I thought. And with also quite a lot of family have done military service if we yeah maybe could get awards showing our support for the british armed forces :)

• 1 month later...

Duplicate Award- when you earn a monthly award twice. Ex. Top Recruiter of the Month. You can only earn that award once, but if you are top recruiter again, you should get some recognition since you cant earn top recruiter again.

If not the duplicate award I think we could add a tier for top recruiter. Maybe call it two-timer, third times a charm (or threes company), fours a crowd, High Five, six pack, Lucky seven, Crazy Eights, etc. 

Rejected- when a join app mod has to reject 10 or more people with explanations of why each one was denied (I want an award is not a reason)
Accepted- when a join app mod acceots 10 or more people with explanations of why for each one (I want an award is not a reason)

I'm not getting paid for this-  anyone who joins and stays in department or web ops for more than two months. (month amount can vary or we could create tiers)
Insane in the Membrane- someone who participates in clan ops, department ops, and web ops for two or more months (can substitute one for doubling up on another ex: not doing web ops but in two or more department ops) (month amount can vary or we could create tiers)

@Airborne