KSIxly Nomination (Awarded)

Sungazer's Wife

Name: KSIxly -- Outcast-Shadow Haven

Link to Forums Account: http://www.ksiforums...er/3602-xlying/

Award-/-Achievement: Most Outstanding/Outstanding Service/Bright Idea

Reason-/-Evidence:

He created the Academic Support Center.

Edited by Sungazer's Wife

Jut to clarify one part as it applies to the "working hard in the face of adversity" part directly - I conceived, proposed and began the ASC while on LoA from Clan Ops following the death of my father last month.

Jut to clarify one part as it applies to the "working hard in the face of adversity" part directly - I conceived, proposed and began the ASC while on LoA from Clan Ops following the death of my father last month.

What I said still stands, as it is my view. We will see what RiioT and the other staff members say.

I can witnes for all of these awards.. Xly has indeed overcome all expectations and standards while in the process of creating the ASC. He was not only a full time General at the time, but he was dealing with his fathers death. These can be hard times for most people and can keep them from doing activity affiliated things. Xly is a smart and creative man and is a person I will always look up to and go to for advice with anything I need. He deserves these awards more than anyone I have met in my KSI career.

Outstanding service is still on the table, as long as some more witnesses provide their statements, however I would like to see testimony unrelated to the ASC, as "bright idea" was already awarded in relation to this accomplishment.

I'm surprised to see I'm among the first few to witness for this as KSIxly's efforts throughout his time here have been highly visible. I've sat in many lobbies and chats with this member for hours on end as he's strived to better members around him AND himself. He's truly a team player with a hell of a head on his shoulders as he's clearly proven to have great ideas and know how to put plans into action and run them. This is a guy who will see things all the way through. One could think of him as the Scrappy CoCo of KSI as he just HAS to be "all the way done" with everything he involves himself with. He's trained and mentored many members who still look to him for advice/guidance to this day. He's certainly earned the respect of his peers throughout the ranks he's advanced to and has continued to put out great quality work and effort to better the members of KSI as well as the community as a whole.

I remember we had a conversation about training/mentoring members. He went well over my head and blew me away with the idea that he came up with. Something along the lines of a tutoring program to help members outside of KSI. Many of us devote so much time to KSI, why not go one step further (a step few if ANY gaming communities have committed to) and creat an "Academic Support Center". Instead of high schoolers getting grounded for a month because their grades are dwindling, imagine the complete benefit of not only them getting "rewarded" with time to play their games or be involved with the community, but also improving their high school careers. This doesn't just stop at high school, it starts here. His ASC idea is impressive to say the least, and once again he's not only heading this up, but SEEING IT THROUGH.

KSIxly is a highly valued member with a great amount of potential to do many MORE great things here in our community. With great foresight and work ethic and always keeping the best interests of the community in mind, he's the guy you should keep an eye on in the future... he's going places alright ;)

If more detail from me is required, please pm myself and I'll update/add asap. Thank you.

Docness, personally I do not think any further detail is necessary on your part. These are the types of posts that we really like to see. Thank you for providing quality, in-depth detail. We still need a few more witnesses please.

I would agree with Outstanding lvl 1

once the asc truly takes off and becomes a regular through out ksi i would see that be bumped up maybe even to gold, but until then many people make projects that look great, but few become great. i have true faith in yours and the asc but only time and the members can decided its success.

and i dont understand the most outstanding one, i know he created a hopefully very successful program but that dont make him the most outstanding general in clan ops, it needs to apply to one position

I'm still hesitant with my vote. The section has very little activity as it is (because it was just started last month). Maybe when the section is proven to be a more valuable part of the site later on down the line or if someone comes forward with other things he has done besides the ASC my vote would change. As it stands, it seems you have only had one request so far in your program, there really isn't a high demand on your time from this program.

I'm still hesitant with my vote. The section has very little activity as it is (because it was just started last month). Maybe when the section is proven to be a more valuable part of the site later on down the line or if someone comes forward with other things he has done besides the ASC my vote would change. As it stands, it seems you have only had one request so far in your program, there really isn't a high demand on your time from this program.

This is my feeling as well. The program has yet to take, and until it does, I'm hesitant to award anything based on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very tempted to nix this on my own volition. Based on the AAP's Definition of Outstanding Service (1), I cannot understand the confusion behind this.

I was integral in putting together one of the most respected MW3 Squads built. I then held that squad together during the DL DIV split in the position of 1CPT while my GEN was inactive. Since I lacked Access Denied access this included copying down all the GTs on the DL SquadTag and cross checking them against who the new RP SquadTag (by hand) and essentially handling the entire squad for almost 3 weeks without even another CPT. Can my former GEN testify to the sheer amount of effort I put into making Warlords run smoothly? His Account is listed as inactive. When I took over the Squad I ran it just as tightly and well as it had been prior to my GENs promotion. Can my co-fo testify? When things in RP got tough he quit,

I started a DIV Officers Chat topic and actively began engaging the other squads to see what we could do during the DIV Leadership crisis.

Then my father suddenly died and I stepped down as GEN because in my opinion I wasn't able to do my job to my old standards and so in the interest of protecting what I worked so hard to build, And I didn't simply step away. I made several promises to Senior Leaders that as I was acting in the best interest in the squad I would do everything I could to make sure it stayed together. Every member who wanted to leave I talked into staying, every promise I made was kept.

I took a LoA from Clan Ops - after 6 months of going above and beyond at EVERY rank I was at - and that was when I conceived, proposed, founded and implemented the ASC. This was during the period of time I was recovering from my father's death.

When I decided I was ready to return to Clan Ops for Black Ops 2 I was given the task of starting, from scratch, a BLOPS2 Squad in my DIV. Someone obviously thought I was a pretty damn good GEN.

These are the facts. Overcoming obstacles? I'm not sure if any of you have ever experienced the sudden loss of a parent, but to call it an "obstacle" is a slight understatement. The AAP's guidelines, to me, are as clear as day on this one. Nowhere does it say that the "success" of the ASC must be "quantified"... if it didn't better KSI as a Community, it wouldn't exist.

I don't know who, if anyone else, will witness. I find this silly. Silver OS I could understand. All I read is "The ASC isn't active enough". So here this sits, and frankly it makes me look foolish. I urge the AAP Staff to read the Guidelines for the OS I am actually being nominated for. Some have pointed out I received the Bright Idea award for the ASC - but it doesn't state anywhere that a) the ASC makes or breaks my case for OS1 or B) that somehow BI covers anything in regards to the ASC and it shouldn't be considered in an OS1 nomination.

If the AAP decides I do not deserve OS1, then that's fine. Do I think I deserve it? Beyond a shadow of a doubt. Would I like to earn it? Of course, why not? Is it the be-all-end-all of life? Absolutely not, but the AAP Program exists for a purpose and I, like any other member am entitled to make my case.

Xly. This is our view point as members of the AAP.

Every post here focuses on your creation of the ASC. The ASC has a good basis in creation, but to this point, it has been a chaotic collection of people ready to help, but it has never really been tested. The area is devoid of any real activity from people asking for help, so the hierarchy and standard operating procedure of the ASC is unknown.

You have no testimony from any 7's from RP when you got Gen. Or even now from any 7's in SH for your job as Gen.

So you keep saying about your job as General, but neither RP nor SH has put forth testimony for you.

At the end of the day, I see an unused ASC, which should have already been covered by Bright Idea. 2, I see NO Testimony from RP or SH relating to your job as General which you keep referring to.

If you can get Skillz, or Paradox to post about your job as Gen, citing specific examples, we should have enough witnesses for your job as Gen. ASC is not enough to merit the award because it is largely untested.

And there in lies an issue... I really need to get Devil to witness. We'll see if he does.

Just having Skillz, Paradox, Romans should be enough to suffice.

A Director helps, but it's only OS 1.