Who We Are, What We Do.

Badfur

Hey guys (and gals, where appropriate), I'm Badfur. I'm currently a Co-Head for the News Team. I'm here to explain a bit about who we are, what we do, and so on.

The News Team's ultimate goal is two-fold. First, we are here to provide relevant news that the community can enjoy; news about important events and people within KSI, information regarding upcoming games, and reviews about new games we've played – so you know what's up before you buy it. Second, we want our writers to produce excellent content; if they can't do that when they first join the team, then we help them get there. Currently, Jezrien, ImPyyy, and I edit the various articles that get written by our writers. The three of us have an excellent grasp of the English language, and when editing we want to help our writers produce better content. The goal is for our writers to be able to write fantastic articles with little or no mistakes on the first try.

We can't do this without help, however, and so we are always looking for new members. To keep things simple, familiar, and efficient, the ideal news team setup looks fairly similar to clan ops, something most of us should be familiar with. Three to four writers (Generals) per editor (Co-Founder), with a Head Editor (Founder) above them, that works with the editors and writers, coordinating efforts and articles. Above them is the Co-Head of the News Team (Co-Division Leader) and Head of the News Team (Division Leader) that work together to keep the News Team running strong and in a good direction. They work with the other teams, Production, Graphics, Marketing, AAP, and Tourneys and Events, to produce excellent content that everyone can enjoy.

It's not all rainbows and sunshine however. We have deadlines – we want articles to be submitted by a certain day, so that they have enough time to be edited, revised, and polished. This way, new, fresh content can be published on a regular basis. We write, we edit, we let you know what's going on in KSI and gaming; we are the News Team.

journalist-what-my-friends-think-i-do.jp