Steve Jobs

Dusky

iphone4-500x317.jpg

The iPhone 4S is being given strong reviews across the board as a fast, reliable, and innovative upgrade from the iPhone 4. The new operating system (iOS 5) is also making many iPhone users very happy with their communicative investment because, among other improvements, people can now text other brand-name smartphone users for free (yes, even on the cellular network… there’s no hiding behind the ruse of “wi-fi only” anymore). The camera is better, the battery lasts longer, the phone runs faster, the data loads quicker, and Siri works like a charm. “She” works so well that I asked her to marry me... She said no, but she still dictates my texts, creates reminders, tells me the weather, gives me quick stock reports, and shows me accurate directions almost as quickly as I ask her to do so. As I finish this article, I am telling Siri what time I want to wake up, and she sets my alarm alarm - Meanwhile, I can’t help but think where humanity would be now, without one very intelligent man...

Apple, Pixar, Walt Disney group, iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, iTouch and (RED) are the names of companies and products which one man envisioned, led, financed, and marketed at one time or another. With the sale of nearly 220 million iPods, 100 million iPhones, 30 million iPads, and 400 million iMacs, this man’s products alone have had an immense impact on lives around the world. Also consider his other projects and affiliates and you will see that at least something this man had a hand in has more than likely touched you. This man was Steve Jobs, and he passed away peacefully on October 5th, 2011, after a long battle with Pancreatic Cancer...

Steve Jobs was a man of unique upbringing, adopted at a young age and surrounded by the San Francisco 60’s. While society deemed that kids of that era rode bikes, played baseball, or ate ice cream, Jobs spent his spare time tinkering with circuit boards and electronics in his neighbor’s garage. He bounced around as a reporter, Reed College student, bum, scientific adventurer, and, eventually, a technological frontiersman.

His death will mean a lot to many people – it should take special value with the gamers of KSI for many reasons. As consumers of his products and products inspired by his designs, we carry on his legacy and realize the importance of his existence in our daily lives. As a community going forward from a negative past, we don’t know where our direction will take us, but we do know that we can only strive for success all along the way. Jobs’ battle against cancer didn’t slow his drive for innovation until the very end, just as dents in our history book and membership records wont halt our progression.

Jobs was many things throughout his life… but most of humanity will remember him as a brilliant inventor and innovative marketer. He gave the beauty of music a means of advertisement and an easily understood outlet. He gave hope to sufferers of AIDS globally. He took computers from the exclusive hands of intellectuals abroad, and gave it to the curious, common man. This quote of Steve Jobs reflects the very best quality any innovator can have:

“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me…

Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”

Steve-Jobs-Died.jpg

Article was supposed to go up today, but I think we can just can this... (Sadly), it's old news.

Article updated with main intro focus on iPhone 4S to be more relevant. Posting for Saturday's news.