1. Every KSI member must read and understand the Xbox Live® Terms of Service and Code of Conduct.
(Obviously, you play on Xbox Live and had to agree to the terms of service in order to participate in XBL, so it goes without saying that we expect you to follow the guidelines outlined there)
2. KSI does not tolerate discrimination in any form, including but not limited to racism, sexism, or harassment, by or towards, any member of KSI in any situation.
When you are participating in the forums, XBL or any other activity that is part of the KSI community, you represent KSI, even in non-KSI related games if you have changed your gamertag, and you should represent KSI in a positive fashion. You made the decision to be part of this community and you should, by example, encourage others to do the same. Do not make fun of anyone because of their race, gender, religion, region of the world, accent, etc. Treat everyone with respect.)
3. Leaders within KSI are responsible for: the organization of all squad matches and practices; Maintaining professional game play during squad matches, as well as oversight and evaluation of performance and behavior of lower ranking members.
(This does not apply to you yet, since you are a new recruit, but it should inspire you to gain higher ranks so that you can start to take part in the employment of these activities as a leader. Additionally, this also gives you a guideline of what to expect from your leaders so that you can, politely and with tact, help them make sure that they are setting the proper example and leading effectively. If you see something that seems off then you should work to get promoted so that you can have more influence in taking care of your other members.)
4. A KSI member: NEVER LEAVES ANOTHER KSI MEMBER BEHIND.
(This is pretty self-explanatory. If a member goes down in the game and can be revived, then revive them. It also applies to other situations though: If a member has a question, concern, or other issue that you can help them with, please do so. We like to think of KSI as being a family and the way that we promote that way of thinking is by taking care of each other.)
5. All members have an “Open Door Policy” to speak with Leaders on any issues or with any ideas. But still impress the responsibility to report to the appropriate leaders within the KSI Chain of Command.
(You, as a member of KSI, have the right to talk to your leadership about issues, both your own and ones within the squad/division/clan. However, please make sure that you follow proper protocol and take the issue to your LT or CPT first so that they are aware of the issue. No one likes to be blindsided with an issue and it is respectful to let your immediate level of leadership know/try to help before it must go higher. Additionally, you can post any issues on the forums, which are an invaluable resource and tool. Check out my bio for the address and make sure to sign up for the forums. You will be able to meet other members and build connections with hundreds of other players on XBL. Once you register, make sure you check your email and validate your logon so that you can start posting.)
6. A KSI member takes pride in his or her membership and is encouraged but not forced to change their gamer tag to reflect KSI.
(You absolutely do not have to change your gamertag in order to be a happy and successful member of KSI. Many players are just casual gamers that want to have a large player base to associate with. However, if you want to get promoted to the rank of SGT or higher, then you will need to change your gamertag in order to reflect your affiliation to KSI. By changing your gamertag, you are advertising KSI in any game that you play on XBL, even outside of the regular KSI games. This is a good thing! When you change your gamertag, you are saying I am proud to be in KSI and I want everyone to know that KSI is awesome enough to add to my gamertag. As long as you continue to represent KSI positively, this will lead to people asking you about the KSI in your gamertag and that will give you the chance to talk about KSI and possibly get a new recruit!)
7. KSI members must maintain a professional manner and attitude during play as well as within lobby, party and KSI based chats in order to represent KSI as a positive gaming community.
(If you are in a lobby and someone starts cussing you out or talking trash, MUTE THEM! Show that you are the better person and just use the Mighty Mute Button. Not only does that show the other person that they have no power over your emotions, but it also shows the other players in the lobby that members of KSI maintain a high standard of conduct, which will possibly lead to people wanting to join and then you will be able to recruit them! You also need to make sure to maintain proper conduct when using the forums.)
8. KSI members are not permitted to be a part of any other gaming community or clan other than KSI.
(Once you get logged onto the forums, you will be able to access the thread about our affiliates. Make sure that you associate only with our affiliates and if you have questions about other possible affiliates, feel free to use the Open Door Policy to ask your leadership questions about it, but definitely get on the forums and check it out too.)
9. The lowest allowed age to be recruited into KSI is: 15.
(While recruiting members into the community, ask their age prior to giving them the required age to join. This will ensure they are the proper age before recruitment.)
10. The list of prohibited activities includes, but is not limited to: Illegal Drugs, Software Alteration, Modding of Games, Console Manipulation, Other Forms of Piracy, Racketeering, Money laundering, Blackmail, Murder, Child Pornography, Prostitution, Bestiality, Incest, Slavery, Fraud, Cannibalism, Theft, Vigilantism, Harassment, Stolen Valor and Acts of Treason.
(If you are doing anything in your personal life that violates these rules; KEEP THEM IN YOUR PERSONAL LIFE. We are not trying to control your personal life however; we maintain a positive and uplifting environment in our forums and game sessions. So, please, don’t talk about eating people in our games.)
ALL KSI MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE KSI “CODE OF CONDUCT”.
Members who violate any portion of the KSI Code of Conduct may be subject to removal from this community at any time.