How did you come out

KSI Rockdogg 7

• 2 months later...

I was brought up with a single mother who is very open and honest about sexuality, she has to be as she is a PSHE teacher as well as a Special Needs Coordinator at a high school supporting kids while they learn and progress to higher education. Baring this in mind, I really never did come out to my mother, it was just assumed. Saying this though, when I was in high school I did come out to people in my class which quickly spread to around the school, as it was an all girls school. I was sat at my desk behind a group of girls which were the nasty girls, they were talking about lesbians and how they're disgusting. Me, being pansexual, attracted not to a specific gender was really upset about this. I never stood up to these girls before but I found myself opening my mouth and saying something along the lines of "I suggest you shut your mouth, as I like women and men,don't make assumptions about things you don't understand, at least not around me." They continued to prod me with questions, I answered some of them but mostly I got back to my work. Of course after this I was bullied which was no surprise but I wouldn't take back what happened to me in high school as it's made me the person I am today. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I mean... i came out as Bisexual to my friends in HS, and tried to tell my mom.. but she wouldn't hear of it... so I've been one way with her.. and different around my friends.. cuz i feel like I cant be me to my mom... and im 28...

• 1 month later...

When i was younger i thought i was asexual due to my awkwardness n the fact that i never felt any romantic or sexual attraction to anyone else at the time (which i thought was weird because everyone else around me was getting into relationships or hooking up). At the time of these feelings i came out to my Mother as Ace/asexual. The label didn't fit n i just felt even more awkward as a person after that. I then met a girl that would help me realize that I was bi rather than ace, and help me really figure out who i am. I had to come out to my mother again when i felt it was right but she still accepted me for who am. And about my father haha ya we never did/will come out to him.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so Hi everyone i'm pinkie and i would like to share my story of when i came out to my family.

I am originally from Germany and grew up in the states on military bases thanks to my pops being in the army. now during this time the policy was don't ask don't tell and my family was, not in the face arragent religious, but very religious and would say things like homosexuality is wrong it's a sin but we should love our neighbors even if they are going to hell. my family is catholic/baptist/christian. i remember being 13 and having a boy over and we were making out in my room when my mother came in and would say awe look sweetie they are practice kissing. after this happened i tried to explain to them that i was gay and into guys but they laughed it off saying there's no way your gay. this is based on the way i walk, talk and act. i am nothing like a gay guy is pictured. as i got older i got married to man and my parents still didn't believe me they thought it was for the benefits. even tho the marriage did fail it did hurt. i had the talk again with them about being gay and they still wouldn't believe it and i moved to florida. my father had gotten cancer and has lighten up on the homosexuality since beating it and is more open. but it took till this year when i brought home my x to dinner one day for him to full understand i am gay. all though he did walk in with me and my x to open his eyes that i was gay even though that didn't change who i was and i think that is what makes my family so okay with it because i haven't changed but who i am with doesn't matter as long as i am happy.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Over the years I've come out several different ways just the recent time I finally came out as gender fluid poly and pansexual I told my dad and mom's side of the family that I'm poly and pansexual years ago but I told my ex partners that I was gender fluid and then about a week ago I told my dad