Suggestions for possible New Awards

Awoken Lucifer

I got a good idea;)..how about a standardized set of rules for each award so that all members can be clear as to what is needed and who it is needed. From?

And yes, I looked, the terms are all extremely vague. Not clear cut at all

Maybe the individual involved doesn't exactly qualify or there is debate over the subject. We have an AAP committee for that. If we had rules then we wouldn't put people in charge of debating whether the person involved deserved to be recognized for the awards. Especially one of the most prestigious awards we have.

For many of the awards there are set rules (i.e. Hot Topic, Head Hunters, Wasted Life, etc) but some fall under a "including but not limited to" category. We cannot forsee every possible thing a person can do to get an award (like outstanding service) so we leave it vague and then allow the awards to be given at our discretion.

At twahl: your input is useless as you are not apart of this commitee or KSI if I recall correctly.

At prophet: what you are saying is about as fair as a police officer giving a D.U.I. test to which you do not know what it takes to win/beat.=FAIL

Yall want more people more active but when it comes to trying to get something done on the forums. Its hair pulling at best. I rate it about the same as calling my cell phone provider with issues or cable company( long,drug out, and pointless) you see there are always rules. I am sure that the aap has guidelines it follows for how to vote. Otherwise you would not know what to tell me either= which ever way the wind blows.

Now I'm not trying to put you"aap" down. but when you try to give an intelligent person a vague answer. they just know better! Basically I know the AAP has got their stuff together enough to have a standardized set of guidlines for each award and if we"the rest of KSI" knew what they where. Maybe just maybe we would not waste your time or ours. Now on the flip side you might just not want people to know so you can generate traffic and if that is the case........JUST SAY SO

At twahl: your input is useless as you are not apart of this commitee or KSI if I recall correctly.

At prophet: what you are saying is about as fair as a police officer giving a D.U.I. test to which you do not know what it takes to win/beat.=FAIL

Yall want more people more active but when it comes to trying to get something done on the forums. Its hair pulling at best. I rate it about the same as calling my cell phone provider with issues or cable company( long,drug out, and pointless) you see there are always rules. I am sure that the aap has guidelines it follows for how to vote. Otherwise you would not know what to tell me either= which ever way the wind blows.

Now I'm not trying to put you"aap" down. but when you try to give an intelligent person a vague answer. they just know better! Basically I know the AAP has got their stuff together enough to have a standardized set of guidlines for each award and if we"the rest of KSI" knew what they where. Maybe just maybe we would not waste your time or ours. Now on the flip side you might just not want people to know so you can generate traffic and if that is the case........JUST SAY SO

Okay Firstly......AWARDS ARE ALWAYS DONE CASE BY CASE.

Secondly....You were given the answer shown below

For many of the awards there are set rules (i.e. Hot Topic, Head Hunters, Wasted Life, etc) but some fall under a "including but not limited to" category. We cannot forsee every possible thing a person can do to get an award (like outstanding service) so we leave it vague and then allow the awards to be given at our discretion.

Thirdly...THERE IS NO "standardized set of guidelines for each award"....Its Case by Case, Evidence presented and Common sense..

and fourth: This is for Suggestions of awards.....not Debate your dislike of a description or for others posting here

Perhaps there could be an award designed for people who donate prizes for KSI hosted events. For instance, MS points for weekend warfare or for Division Tournaments.

It could be proven by a credible witness who can attest to the fact that a member received the prize and who the prize came from.

Awards

There should be one for being on anything in Web Ops such as T&E, AAP, HR, News Team kinda like the Graphics one, but maybe not specific to one certain department but just being on a Web Ops Staff.

Also I think there should be one for being on a winning team/ person in a WW tournament at the desecration of the host of the Tournament to vouch for.

I think that its slightly bias that the forums have awards for nearly all Halo squad teams but no CoD squad teams such as Search and Destroy, Domination, Demolition, or Team Defender teams. I know all of the CoD squad members would love to be able to get an award. It would also encourage people to join those teams and help each CoD squad with a team in activity.

I think that its slightly bias that the forums have awards for nearly all Halo squad teams but no CoD squad teams such as Search and Destroy, Domination, Demolition, or Team Defender teams. I know all of the CoD squad members would love to be able to get an award. It would also encourage people to join those teams and help each CoD squad with a team in activity.

It would be basically giving all of KSI awards so it would make us AAP staff work around the clock for it do i doubt this would work

@anatomy

Um no....it was looked at several times and ultimatly if it means having a shiny little badge to make you want to join specific FORUM group then there was no point.

-----------------

@ Kimchi

until recently call of duty was a minority in KSI. remember that the majority of squads in the last 2 years went from being 80% halo....to probably about 30%

and with the express former lack of things to do on Call of duty apart from Head hunters.....theres your reason right there......

besides that:

Head hunter (halo.....call of duty)

Swat (this works on both if you actualy set things up right)

Sniper (again works on both if set up right)

Grifball and Forge is the only Halo specific awards for teams.....

GFX were issued their own team becuase it is a FORUM department that you have to work your ass of to get into and it was a Goal target since it is only members of the GA group who can get it....that meant passing into the trial artist group and then progressing enough to move up into GA.

Now maybe an Objective team award, since that is far more localised and shows 0 preference to 1 or the other.

I have an idea that there could be a random award picked by a 7 or someone high up in KSI and they pick the requirements, like most active on forums, best game night, funniest KSI member, and things like that, and the name could coinside with who ever picked the requirments

Rank Awards?

For those that successfully complete there rank say starting at LT.

Probably would be too much involved with too many peeps.

perfect example....

for PVT to S.SGT make up the majority of KSI.....so at a rough guess 5000 people (out of our 5700 members)

<_<...lol the chances of that becoming an award set are extremly low becuas it would mean an absolute surpluss of leg work becuase then cofounders...generals and all the way up to div leader and director would effectivly have to log and be informed of any persont comming in or who changes their name...and then the headache of tracking down profiles.

I was thinking maybe a squad/div of the month. Biased on stuff like recruits, active members (in the forums and game play), meeting turn outs and more. :)

Awards

A values award? The member would have to be exemplifying KSI's values extremely so. Have a vast amount of knowledge regarding procedures and protocols within KSI. Have a great amount of strength because the member has gone through many hardships while in KSI and is still pushing through to better the community. And have integrity by doing what is right no matter the situation (morally that is)

A values award? The member would have to be exemplifying KSI's values extremely so. Have a vast amount of knowledge regarding procedures and protocols within KSI. Have a great amount of strength because the member has gone through many hardships while in KSI and is still pushing through to better the community. And have integrity by doing what is right no matter the situation (morally that is)

i like the idea.

I was thinking maybe a squad/div of the month. Biased on stuff like recruits, active members (in the forums and game play), meeting turn outs and more. :)

Your division can do this separate from AAP awards and will help with morale should this not make it. Not sure, but I think it wasn't going to go through as this may create tension within KSI and leaves it open to bias.

Dunno about that one Sir. Every member should abide by the Code of Conduct, and game with KSI's values in mind already. Most leaders would say they already qualify for the award, esp any 7.

So what's up with the Clan Ops Award ?