Music and Lyrics

Ambwub

What is most important to you when finding new music? Does it have to have meaningful lyrics? A good beat? Does it have to be in your own language? Or do you only like one type/genre of music? Why? 

I listen to Metal (Gojira, Insomnium, System Of A Down, etc.). For me, it used to be about the riffs and if the vocals were lower pitched. But since I discovered my new favorite band, Gojira. Now its mainly the lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about the lyrics for me.  I listen to all genres because it's the depth of the words that grab me. An example of some lyrics from one of the deepest songs I relate to

"From a distance my choice is simple
From a distance I can entertain
So you can see me
I put makeup on my face
But there's no way you can feel it
From so far away

I'll be your clown
Behind the glass
Go 'head and laugh
'Cause it's funny
I would too if I saw me
I'll be your clown
On your favorite channel
My life's a circus, circus
Round in circle 
I'm selling out tonight"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Meaningful lyrics for sure,,, it seems to be really lacking in todays newer " music "

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

it all depends.. i love good lyrics.. like when it comes to rap.. but for the most part.. jf it has a great beat, and i can shake it with out breaking it... im a listen to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a goth chick through and through, however I am more of goth metal. But one thing i love is story telling through music. A few bands come to mine like Ice Nine Kills, or Famous last words. INK released an album dedicated to pop culture horror, and FLW came out with an album about a woman in the 50s and her life being kidnaped. I think music like this is so captivating! 

• Boootz locked this topic